American Horror Story: Apocalypse

Funkor

Molten Core Raider
My trouble with the series was buildup vs payoff.

S1 and S2 had buildups and payoffs spread throughout the season with a crazy payoff with the finale.

S3 seemed to be much more buildup with few payoffs throughout the season. Then the S3 finale seemed just to be the kind of thing they should have been doing all along but nothing special. The S4 finale they just panicked and killed everyone in the last episode. They were just boring, we really struggled to finish them.

S5 was more of a middle ground between the S1/S2 style and the S3/4 style. Netflix UK didn't have S6/S7 straight away so not seen them
Season 4 killing all of the characters was the best part! (they were boring as fuck)

Season 2 was my favorite aside from the alien shit which got a bit retarded.

Caliane

so... did anyone actually watch the premiere of this season? lol. I have it recorded, not watched it yet.

Caliane

I got around to it. watched ep1, an starting ep2 now.

So far.. "american horror story:Fallout" would have been a better title. What if Vault-co were satanist?

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
Wife enjoys this show more than I, we both enjoyed season 1 - 6 well enough though I always get bored a little over halfway through each season.

We are still waiting for a reason to watch season 7, nothing advertised or discussed gave us any reason to believe it as anything but thinly veiled anti-PoliticalRight nonsense. Nothing has changed since it was released.

After hearing about the scene where one character sodomizes another one of his own characters from a different season... I am not sure if I care. Seems more about the spectacle than anything. Like other have said, style over substance.

You need to provide both now of you want me to put iPad down while your show is on.

I do like apocalyptica (post or happening) so there is that though.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
PS-- for the lighter side of American Horror Story; try "Scream Queens." Borrows a lot of the stylish elements from AHS, without as much of a cringe-factor and adds a lot of murdering beautful women. See?? Lighter... Shows how AHS set a trend of style over substance and then how even that can be lobotomized further (for a laugh or two?)

Definitely Scream Queens season 1 is better than any of AHS. Emma Roberts was perfect in the show. Season 2 was about equal with the better seasons of AHS.

Channel Zero is also really good. Season 1 is one of the creepiest shows I've ever seen.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Heriotze

<Gold Donor>
Definitely Scream Queens season 1 is better than any of AHS. Emma Roberts was perfect in the show. Season 2 was about equal with the better seasons of AHS.

Channel Zero is also really good. Season 1 is one of the creepiest shows I've ever seen.
Chanel Zero's new season trailer looks better than almost all of AHS combined. Tried to get through S7 last weekend to see if anything had changed from 6 and it's still the most ADD stories that I've ever sat through. Every season there's just about enough scary plot to fill an episode or two and they stretch it out by just throwing random shit into the mix. Watched the first 2 eps of S7, was bored as shit then watched a middle episode and the two ending ones to see how tied together everything was and it was nearly incoherent.

It shares a lot with the current JJ Abrams style of writing where it's become too much of a burden to take the time to build tension or mystery within the story so details are just completely hidden from the audience until they are randomly sprung in "gotcha" moments. The lost art of crafting a story rather than just tying together a bunch of cool looking scenes that you thought up

Big difference seems to be that AHS takes a decent, tiny, idea and bloats it to fill a season whereas Channel Zero takes a decent, tiny, idea and expands it into a compelling narrative

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Caliane

not a fan of channel Zero. Just takes a bunch of 4chan, /x/ creepy pasta and blends them a bunch together.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
not a fan of channel Zero. Just takes a bunch of 4chan, /x/ creepy pasta and blends them a bunch together.
Season 1 was legit great in my opinion. Season 2 was a cool idea that didnt really come together for me. The seasons are short though so its not a problem. Season 3 I really liked except for the ending.

As for AHS I barely could get through the second half of episode 1 in the new season. I decided to watch the second episode and I am glad I did. It got a bit more interesting and ended on a real what the fuck?!

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Watched Episode 3. Episode 1 I thought was good (Due to the Nuclear blast) and Episode 2 was meh. This episode though, 3, haha holy moly talk about some interweaving with the other seasons. It was pretty damn impressive.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
So I am really digging this season so far. Almost as good as the first season. It is interesting to see how all this is playing out and kind of connected together.

With that said, we need a Jessica Lange comeback.

Last night's episode was pretty fantastic.

• 1Like

ShakyJake

<Donor>
yeah, solid so far with this one.
Honestly, this was probably one of the best episodes of the series. Really enjoyed it and kept my attention.

By the way, I don't recall how Madison and Queenie died back in Coven. Does anyone else recall?

Also, backing up a couple episodes, when Madison said to Billie Lourd's character, "I bet you didn't think you'd see me again, bitch!" -- that WAS a reference to Scream Queens, right? I don't think that actress was in Coven?

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Really enjoying this season, especially after the ep 3 (?) tie-in reveal. Haven't seen last night ep but looking forward to it.

Caliane

Honestly, this was probably one of the best episodes of the series. Really enjoyed it and kept my attention.

By the way, I don't recall how Madison and Queenie died back in Coven. Does anyone else recall?

Also, backing up a couple episodes, when Madison said to Billie Lourd's character, "I bet you didn't think you'd see me again, bitch!" -- that WAS a reference to Scream Queens, right? I don't think that actress was in Coven?

I was talking with a friend about that.

Emma roberts was in s2:coven and Scream queens.
Billie Lourd, aka Carrie fishers daughter, was also in scream queens. She started in last seasons Cult as well though. This is her second season with AHS, not first.

(there were both in Billionaires boys club apparently too.)

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I know it is fan service to have the various seasons merge like this, but the pure 'squeee' factor has been delicious to devour. Especially since they are pulling from the strongest elements of the most popular storylines (Murderhouse and Coven) with a dash of Hotel thrown in for good measure.

Oh and Billie Lourd is awesome and her interacting with Emma Roberts ala Scream Queens is just gravy.

• 1Like

Caliane

season is still going strong.

I wish they went the comedy route after finding the wrong body. Have them go through every body one by one, laying them to rest, and exercising the ghost... and just have the wrong one over and over.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Yeah last nights episode was so nostalgic and awesome.

And haha

I was hoping for the young version of the maid to pop out. That lady was smokin'! lol

• 1Like