American Horror Story: Asylum

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Why kill Grace, bring her back, only to have her die later?

This series has trouble satisfyingly closing its seasons. It's like they should have ended it 3 eps back but the producers ran to the writers and said, "OH SHIT! We need 3 more episodes!"

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Just started the series and am on episode 3. This season makes season 1 look tame. My gawd.

I've been wondering about this second season. The woman and I watched the first season and enjoyed it, albeit for different reasons. Before I suggest to her that we watch the second season, does season 2 have a character that compares in any way to young Moira?
rrr_img_10313.jpg

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
not really. chloe sevigny is kind of a slut but she doesnt look near as good or as sexy that ginger in the cleaning lady outfit. and besides chloe departs halfway through the season, any sexy that she did have was long gone before that. oh and there is a possessed nun who has a nice ass, but she has a horseface

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
So the spacemen abducted 2 women to have babies from kitt and their destinies were a doctor and a friggin lawyer? Really??

that aside it was still a pretty well done finale. great cinematography really held this show together even when there really was very little sense making going on this season.

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
And that Kit's whole purpose was to get cancer of the ass or whatever and then become Whitley Strieber?

Necrath Evilcraft

Golden Knight of the Realm
While I enjoyed this season I really don't know how to take it in. Compared to the first season this doesn't seem like the same show. The first one was pretty thick with the ghost angle and this season just seemed to be all over the place and nothing really seemed to tie together in the end it was just random shit happening to people in Briarcliff.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I found the ending pretty satisfying. Lana is definitely a great character. I guess I missed an episode because I never had any closure to Mary Eunice and Dr. Arden, but some Googling fixed that. I thought there was just a glaring plot hole somewhere.

Enob

Golden Knight of the Realm
I read somewhere awhile back in an interview with the show creator that each season would have a theme. The first season was infidelity and the second was madness. To me that makes Asylum make sense a little better; at least why it was so all over the place and over the top with aliens, zombies, Satan, Nazis, serial killers, a mad scientist, crazy Santa Claus, the angel of death, and a WTF Glee song. I didn't like the plot as much as season 1 but it wasn't as much a story as a snapshot of the asylum during the time period. I really enjoyed all of the characters more in Asylum than the first season and didn't find any of them annoying like the emo kid or the college student he was cheating with in the first.

It took me a few episodes to get into this season but then the middle was very strong. The last 3 episodes felt like they didn't know how to tie it all up. Just felt a little loose and that the climax was 4 episodes from the end.

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
I think I liked this season more than last season, mainly because the characters were so much better. The big difference for me also was that I felt a lot of the big reveals in season 2 were predictable - things like Lana's kid etc. And the ending:

I knew as soon as she addressed him in the room that he was dying, and not her. Was even more sure of it when she first called him baby.

Whereas in season 1, things like the girl being dead were shocking.

Lana was a great character; at first I was pretty annoyed with her, especially since we were more used to the actors who played Jude/Kitt etc, and I found myself drawn to their characters. But over time she definitely came through as a crazy personality. The ending was satisfying, but I'd agree that the climax felt like it was 3 episodes earlier.

Oh and will say the only thing I disliked was the Cardinal's end. Felt contrived.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Oh and will say the only thing I disliked was the Cardinal's end. Felt contrived.
Right. If it was guilt that drove him to suicide, then he should've slit his wrists years ago.

But, yeah, overall I enjoyed this season much more than the first. Although I was hoping for a Satan vs. Alien showdown.