American Sniper

Miethos_sl

shitlord
why? Jesse might be a nutjob on alot of subject but he's still a hardcore mofo that did some crazy shit back in his day. He isn't a pussy.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Correct. Also the same guy that Jesse Ventura just won a defamation case against.
Jesse Ventura vs. Chris Kyle: A case where no one won - The Washington Post

TLDR: Chris Kyle said in his book he punched out an unnamed celebrity in a bar. While promoting his book on opie and anthony he named that celebrity, Jesse Ventura. Ventura said this never happened, and won the verdict and the 1.8m for defamation.
(cuz he said in those interviews, Ventura was bad mouthing, SEALS, Navy, military, Bush, etc)

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
This case was pretty popular up here in MN and it was an absolute shock when Ventura ended up winning. One of the more damning accusations being he said something along the lines of SEALs deserving to lose people as a result of America being involved with Iraq. This happened at a bar which was hosting a wake for a SEAL killed in action. Jesse brought on the suit and with the burden of proof on his side, legal experts up here didn't think he much ground to stand on. Something like 15 SEALs all testified on behalf of Kyle, who at this point is represented by his widow, and ended up responsible for paying Ventura.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
This case was pretty popular up here in MN and it was an absolute shock when Ventura ended up winning. One of the more damning accusations being he said something along the lines of SEALs deserving to lose people as a result of America being involved with Iraq. This happened at a bar which was hosting a wake for a SEAL killed in action. Jesse brought on the suit and with the burden of proof on his side, legal experts up here didn't think he much ground to stand on. Something like 15 SEALs all testified on behalf of Kyle, who at this point is represented by his widow, and ended up responsible for paying Ventura.
So it's assumed that since Jesse won, those 15 SEALS were just lying out of brotherhood?

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
So it's assumed that since Jesse won, those 15 SEALS were just lying out of brotherhood?
That and I guess just overall inconsistencies. This won't matter in the grand scheme of things with the movie outside of some random clickbait articles about it, but people are starting to question more about Kyle's story now.

But still though, defamation. Jesse had to prove that those statements weren't uttered. Even in a he said/she said situation, how do you not side on 'they made have been said. we don't know.' side of things? Ultimately 8 of the 10 jurors thought he was indeed defamed.

Siliconemelons

why? Jesse might be a nutjob on alot of subject but he's still a hardcore mofo that did some crazy shit back in his day. He isn't a pussy.
I said Jessie not Jesse, I was just making a random statement about the movie.

Don't sue me bro

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
A movie about a guy who wrote a book full of lies. Woo.
+1

Hard to watch most movies pertaining to the military involvement in the middle east with how fucked and stupid it all is.

Gotta side with Ventura, 100x more credit for a SEAL from Vietnam than any modern military personnel.

I like Cooper, but will not watch. Ever.

This is a touchy subject but I've known a few SF, Seals, ect and talking about let alone bragging about things you did while in service to the open public is a pretty big no no. Not just for OPSEC reasons but it just makes everything seem like it was for fame and fortune. There are legitimate veterans out there who sacrificed life, limb, and eyesight. I mean really seen some shit and you don't see them running to the bank with book and movie deals. Out of respect for his family I won't say much since he's dead and all but before he died I lost all respect for him making money off exaggerated stories while some of the brothers he served with never made it back.

tldr Scum trying to make money with BS stories. Not watching.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Couldn't care less about who chris kyle is, I just wanna watch bradley cooper no scope some jihadists

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
Blaine didn't need to snipe people, he hosed them down while letting them see his face (and with a minigun)

Blaine only died due to alien life form involvement. This dude died at the range. Gotta go with Ventura

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
You read a few of these articles and 100% of them slant towards the lying sniper, just b/c he was a war hero (with unconfirmed kills) and was murdered. Business week/wash post, they openly make fun of Jesse "the body" Ventura and how he's stealing money from a widow.

Why? b/c he's an easy target, sure he was a wrestler, an actor who uses his body, So is John Cena (I honestly have no idea wtf this guy is) the make a wish superstar. Hell Jesse got elected to mayor, then govenor.

Also, he's not suing the wife, he was suing the guy when he was alive, then when he died, that turned into suing his estate, which made millions selling a book of lies, and that estate goes to his wife.

She's also countersuing , or whatever thats called, b/c she can, like she has nothing else to do.

Then she's also suing some other ppl who worked with the lying snipers company.

I have no idea what the company did (i'm guessing private contracts) but the lying sniper designed the logo
rrr_img_78017.jpg

As a long time comic reader, i cannot abide by this ugly use of the punisher logo, it's not just that it's a blatent google image search rip off, but that he puts that gay slogan around it, trying to be "cool", i mean it makes the punisher look bad, that's how crass the company logo is.

I wonder why marvel hasn't sued (previously, the company is bankrupt now) them, the company, since it is a registered trademark.

I mean you can't just run around with the spiderman logo and a few gay words for your next startup company.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Funny, I saw the trailer and who was involved and was very intrigued. But I did about five minutes of reading about this jackass, and have lost all interest.

$50 says he doesn't shoot and the kid runs to the soldiers and presents them with the ordinance. The soldiers on the other hand empty their magazines into him.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
You read a few of these articles and 100% of them slant towards the lying sniper, just b/c he was a war hero (with unconfirmed kills) and was murdered. Business week/wash post, they openly make fun of Jesse "the body" Ventura and how he's stealing money from a widow.

Why? b/c he's an easy target, sure he was a wrestler, an actor who uses his body, So is John Cena (I honestly have no idea wtf this guy is) the make a wish superstar. Hell Jesse got elected to mayor, then govenor.

Also, he's not suing the wife, he was suing the guy when he was alive, then when he died, that turned into suing his estate, which made millions selling a book of lies, and that estate goes to his wife.

She's also countersuing , or whatever thats called, b/c she can, like she has nothing else to do.

Then she's also suing some other ppl who worked with the lying snipers company.

I have no idea what the company did (i'm guessing private contracts) but the lying sniper designed the logo
rrr_img_78017.jpg

As a long time comic reader, i cannot abide by this ugly use of the punisher logo, it's not just that it's a blatent google image search rip off, but that he puts that gay slogan around it, trying to be "cool", i mean it makes the punisher look bad, that's how crass the company logo is.

I wonder why marvel hasn't sued (previously, the company is bankrupt now) them, the company, since it is a registered trademark.

I mean you can't just run around with the spiderman logo and a few gay words for your next startup company.
This might all be true, but as a juror in that room, how do you walk away thinking that Jesse's attorney hasprovendefamation? Even if you're convinced that Klay is a lying sack of shit and that his SEAL buddies are probably just protecting one of their own, how can you be sure the words weren't spoken by Ventura? Leading up to the trail, that was the line people thought Jesse's case would fall apart at. Not that he maybe wasn't in the right or that the Klay guy is a douchebag, but just the burden of proof.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Ventura is a punching bag, like the weak nerdy kid at school everyone talks behind his back about, b/c they can. Kyle is the fat bully that wanted to get school fame by saying he punched the nerdy kid, b/c the nerdy kid said that the school sucks, that the other bullies suck, that the principal sucks, after the school met for a general assembly b/c a fellow bully got expelled.

some exerpts from the evidences

Shortly after his autobiography's release, Kyle identified Scruff Face as Jesse Ventura. The media flocked to the story. One of Kyle's publishers emailed him a link to an article on the topic, writing "this is priceless."

He didn't want a three-page excerpt about a bar fight to overshadow a book about war, sacrifice and family.
"I was just trying to put it back in its place," he said.

Kyle's remarks came in a 2012 deposition with Ventura's lawyers. They were played Thursday in federal court in St. Paul in Ventura's defamation trial against the late author.

In his deposition, Kyle stood by the account, as does his estate, now represented by his widow Taya Kyle. But the video played in court Thursday offered a glimpse of how he struggled to rein in the story after the book came out -- even as his publishers seemed to relish the attention it brought.

Ventura was identified when Kyle promoted the book on radio's "The Opie & Anthony Show" in January 2012. A caller asked if the passage referred to Ventura. Kyle seemed surprised, but confirmed it was.

It came up again in later radio and television appearances. In an email, his publicist described the interest surrounding the book as "hot hot hot!"

Less than a week after the book's release, Kyle got an email from his publicist, according to testimony from the deposition.

"I'm going to call you about Jesse V.," she wrote.

"Is there a problem?" he asked.

"No," she wrote, "but Jesse V. has come out and said it never happened."

Kyle said he was growing weary of the story and the controversy it generated. In an email to his publishers, he asked: "When is this going to end?"

In another email, an executive said a planned talk show rebuttal of Ventura's denial would be "a nice little bonus hit for us." A publicist said "the so-called 'incident' has helped the book go crazy," according to emails excerpts read in the deposition.
and then to counter the 15 SEAL of brotherhood

Later Thursday, Bill and Charlene DeWitt -- two witnesses from the bar the night of the alleged fight -- took the stand.

Bill DeWitt has known Ventura since the two underwent Basic Underwater Demolition/SEAL training together in 1969. Ventura went on to join the Underwater Demolition Team, which later merged with the SEALs, while DeWitt was assigned to the SEALs.

The DeWitts, Ventura and other BUD/S classmates were in San Diego in 2006 for a reunion and graduation ceremony. They convened at McP's bar the night before the ceremony -- the same night Kyle and his colleagues were at the bar for the wake of slain SEAL Michael Monsoor.

Charlene DeWitt had never met Ventura but said she tried to sit near him because she didn't know many people there and figured he would be interesting.

"I was eavesdropping on Jesse," she said.

She heard him criticize the war in Iraq but didn't hear him badmouth fallen soldiers or argue with younger servicemen. She said she didn't see him get into a fistfight or sport a black eye or bruised face in the following days.

The most memorable thing he said, she recalled, was, "I don't think this war is worth one SEAL dying for."

That's a far cry from Kyle's claim that Ventura said the SEALs "deserve to lose a few" in the war.

She also spent time around Ventura over the next few days. There were no signs of the bar fight Kyle described in the book, DeWitt said, nor any gossip or buzz it had occurred.

Bill DeWitt also testified that he hadn't seen or heard any of the events described in the book.

Leita Walker, an attorney for the Kyle estate, asked him if he might have missed the fight in the crowded bar or simply not heard Ventura's comments because he is hard of hearing.

If Ventura was being loud, as Kyle's story claims, DeWitt said, he likely would have heard him.

He said he saw Ventura mingling in civil fashion with the younger SEALs. If he or his colleagues had seen any sign of a fight with their classmate, he said, they'd have jumped in.

"You'd have had a whole bunch of 60-year-olds all over you," he said.

If he had heard Ventura say SEALs deserved to die, "I'd have been first in line" to confront him about it, DeWitt said.
Sounds like the liar made an off hand comment and agreed that Ventura was there, sure why not, and the publishers are noticing the book is selling like gangbusters from the internal emails.

He's profiting off the lies that Ventura is a SEAL hating, Bush Hating, guy

starts 22min in

Sounds more like the liar is giving "ammo" to the opie and anthony crew who hate Ventura since he walked off his show.