Android/iOS/Browser games

Azziane_sl

shitlord
Someone somewhere had posted a link to an XCOM-type app (I think it was on Eve's site). Can it be posted again?

I'm done with KoDP after many games and dozens of hours. I'm so fucking depressed that there are no other game like it - I need a fix. Something good, any genre. Gotta be iOS and gotta be iTouch or iPad 1 compatible (I know!).

Since I haven't seen it mentioned, I'll recommend Hero Academy.
It's a fairly simple game that I've gotten dozens of hours out of. It's on Steam for a few bucks, but free on iOS.

Also, anyone have any recommendations for things similar in scope to Infinity Blade II? I'm pretty much done with that one and looking for something similarly expansive.

Fazana_sl

shitlord
The XCom game isAliens Versus Humans

If you mean a literal Infinity Blade 2 type thenBest-infinity-blade-clones-for-ios-and-androidis what it says on the tin, I've heard the Marvel game is decent if you want more of the same.

In preparation for the launch of its sequel next week (which I linked the video of a couple of days ago)Aralon-sword-and-shadow-hdhas briefly gone free, it's not bad for an attempt at an ios morrowind type game, especially when you consider it's now nearly two years old.

Hero Academy has consistently had positive comments on it since launch, it's deffo the most polished of that genre atm as several contenders have popped up and subsequently fallen by the wayside since.

Not necessarily looking for an Infinity Blade clone, just something that has plenty of hours of play and has a similar level of polish.
Also, has anyone played the Lunar port for iOS? I know I played it forever ago, but it's one of the few RPG's that I don't really remember very well (other than the singing).

Fazana_sl

shitlord
I own Lunar but haven't played it for more than a few minutes. The list of games I have that fit into that category is awful, it's just as bad as Steam Sale Syndrome >.< Anyways, it's a port of the PS version and looked pretty darned polished from what I saw. The controls felt a little awkward with the "click to move" especially being rather finicky but it's certainly something I plan to playone day.

As for decently playable/replayable polished games, off the top of my head -

Galaxy-on-fire-2-hd

Magic-2013

Plants-vs-zombies-hd

Plague-inc

New-star-soccer

Football-manager-handheld-2013

Autumn-dynasty

Companions

Avernum-escape-from-the-pit-hd

Battle-academy

That's the stuff that jumped out from a quick look at my owned/wishlist. Add in the Kairosofts if you've never played those, Game Dev Story and Grand Prix Story being the two best although the newer Dungeon Village and Epic Astro Story aren't bad.

StarDotStar_sl

shitlord
I've really enjoyed Neuroshima Hex. It is a tile based tactics game. It is a replica of the board game, but I think it actually plays better due to the computer handling all the combat and shuffling for you. I swear the app makes sure you get more even tile draws. When playing the board game I would have games where I would get all special tiles and no guys.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...m.bdc.nh&hl=en

Fazana_sl

shitlord
Ascension-chronicle-of-the-godslayeris free for 24 hours, it's made by some of the old MTG team and is supposed to be up there amongst the best Magic type card games on IOS.

If you are into wargamesBattle-of-the-bulgecame out yesterday and is getting huge reviews everywhere for it's polish and playability for a proper wargame on the ipad instead of the usual risk type nonsense. Battle Academy I linked a couple of days ago would fall into that category as well with a really good online multiplayer component.

Azziane_sl

shitlord
I need an adventure/RPG game for a trip coming up tomorrow. Something like the original zelda would be nice for example. Or a true RPG like Avernum/Avadon (already played those). More action oriented or more RPG oriented is fine. BG:EE was going to be it but it requires iOS 6.0 so not for my iPad 1.

Any tips?

Fazana_sl

shitlord
First episode of Walking Dead has gone free, supposedly a great port to the ipad (ipad2+ only I believe)Walking-dead-the-game

Oops too late with the previous question, Lunar would probably have been my recommendation. Personally I'm not convinced that a long play action rpg would be great on touch controls but it could be down to me being rubbish at them. My son slaughtered me at the weekend in an Asphalt challenge.

I am currently completely addicted toPuzzle-dragons-englishIt's like a souped up form of Puzzle Quest mixed in with Pokemon gotta-catch-em-all. It seems so simple on the outside but has tons of depth when trying to farm items to evolve your team to do a ton more damage or skills etc. US app store only sadly but as it's a free title you can make an account without needing payment info, just a fake address \o/

Fazana_sl

shitlord
Arc Squadronis free for 24 hours. If memory serves, one of the old FoH guild was one of the devs, Murr iirc. I heard good things about it at launch but don't usually try more arcade type games, will give it a look though. If it's any good will throw some IAP money their way.

Need For Speed: Most Wantedis 69p/99c as part of the EA christmas sale and after being badgered by a mate about it for a while I invested today. It is very good indeed, controls are great and graphics are damn good. Looks like there's a hella amount of content as well.

For UK based really old timers like myself, perhaps you'll be as amused/amazed as I was to see this pop up today!Mike Singletons The Lords Of Midnight

Fazana_sl

shitlord
Avengers Initiativehas gone free, no idea on how long for. It's basically a reskinned Infinity Blade 2 but for this price it's worth a look.

I've mentioned it beforeRavensword Shadowlandscame out last night, it's apparently the ios' version of Skyrim. TouchArcade have given it 5/5 and they don't hand that out too often amongst the avalanche of terrible releases.

Final Fantasy IValso popped out with Squares typical IOS pricing. It's an ios version of the DS remake, ?11 UK so $15 presumably. They have also put most of their catalogue on sale, FFTactics for the ipad is ?5.99 for example but I've read it's a fucking terrible port which they abandoned after a minor bugfix that left a raft of technical issues untouched.

Fazana_sl

shitlord
The appstore is now frozen until the 29th December, nothing new, no updates or even price changes are allowed apparently. Time to get some use out of the stuff I have!

Puzzle & Dragons is my main game atm, a mix of match 3 and pokemon team building that is way deeper than it first appears.

A 30 minute look at The Walking Dead was quite favourable as well., not 100% sure I will splash out a tenner on the other episodes as I hear the replay value is very low but it allegedly tells a much better story than the tv show, not hard admittedly
tongue.png

Just letting people know thatKingdom Rushis free on the App Store for a while. It was easily my favorite Tower Defense available for iOS. I assume it's free because they now have in app purchases for people to make, but you can ignore those and still enjoy the game.