Angie Tribeca

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
The old school Airplane, Naked Gun, and the like relied on funny/silly ass gags. Starting with Scary Movie they got lazy and only relied on pop culture references with a silly twist. Main problem is the laziness.

As for AT, it's a good show, but it went flat after the first two episodes. The first two had me rolling, then not so much. The dog laughing/smiling got me every time they did it, but then they stopped doing it. Maybe I would have liked it more if I didn't binge watch it.

Anyone else thing the black detective is super boring, his only special quirk is having black skin. If he were white he would be totally useless. Even OJ in Naked Gun had more of a personality.
I didn't watch the marathon, so I've only seen the first three. Out of the first three, the third one was definitely weaker than the first two. There were still some great lines, and scenes (when the girl says she's reading in a bubble bath and every guy in the precinct runs down there), but it wasn't as solid with the jokes as the first two were. Great cameos so far, but I do agree with you about the black cop. They need to give him better lines or scenes, because his character just seems totally irrelevant in the show.

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
yeah, watching this now. starting ep 3 atm.

it is a bit odd really as you guys note. Police procedurals have been such a thing for the last 20 years. You would have thought a Policesquad would have been made.

Closet have have are, Reno:911 which was a parody of Cops, not really the procedurals.
And, Scheer's NTSF:SD:SUV. which have not heard good things, and honestly not a fan of most of his work, and the Adult swim. Was really worried this would be more of the same.

Overall, pretty good. But, it does have some hit or miss jokes, where they are just ripping off Airplane/Policesquad entirely, and not coming up with new jokes. Its surreal and great humor in Airplane!, here "lets say, such and such." "ok", then them repeating, "Such and such", is a tired joke.
bakers dozen joke, in commerical. great. Sight gag of dude lightly jogging away, while cop does ridiculous parkour, grinds, rails, etc. great.
So, new material=great. reusing same jokes from Airplane! and policesquad to either pad time, or just make sure everyone knows "Hey we are making a policesquad, this is policesquad!"=not funny.

Edit:
on like 6 now. Def gets better, and more original with its jokes.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
yeah, watching this now. starting ep 3 atm.

it is a bit odd really as you guys note. Police procedurals have been such a thing for the last 20 years. You would have thought a Policesquad would have been made.

Closet have have are, Reno:911 which was a parody of Cops, not really the procedurals.
And, Scheer's NTSF:SD:SUV. which have not heard good things, and honestly not a fan of most of his work, and the Adult swim. Was really worried this would be more of the same.

Overall, pretty good. But, it does have some hit or miss jokes, where they are just ripping off Airplane/Policesquad entirely, and not coming up with new jokes. Its surreal and great humor in Airplane!, here "lets say, such and such." "ok", then them repeating, "Such and such", is a tired joke.
bakers dozen joke, in commerical. great. Sight gag of dude lightly jogging away, while cop does ridiculous parkour, grinds, rails, etc. great.
So, new material=great. reusing same jokes from Airplane! and policesquad to either pad time, or just make sure everyone knows "Hey we are making a policesquad, this is policesquad!"=not funny.

Edit:
on like 6 now. Def gets better, and more original with its jokes.
You should definitely give NTSF:SD:SUV a chance. It's outstanding. As far as Angie Tribeca goes, I thought the first two episodes were awesome, haven't been a fan of episodes 3 or 4. The jokes just haven't been hitting the last two weeks, and the humor seems forced. Hope it gets better again.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
You should definitely give NTSF:SD:SUV a chance. It's outstanding. As far as Angie Tribeca goes, I thought the first two episodes were awesome, haven't been a fan of episodes 3 or 4. The jokes just haven't been hitting the last two weeks, and the humor seems forced. Hope it gets better again.
I found it to be very hit or miss. Some episodes are homeruns and some are duds. Overall I thought it was a pretty solid first season.

spronk

FPS noob
are they doing all the episodes at once again? I really enjoyed season 1, very funny show

spronk

FPS noob
They aired two episodes back to back, there will be 10 episodes total but the rest of the season will be 1 episode per week

Still funny as fuck and still the same kind of word play and physical comedy, with some hilarious cameos

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Point break episode was pretty great, there was a few quotes or references I didnt know what movie it was from. still havnt seen the newest one

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
[SERIES][TVPOSTER]
o5ZM7R1mkl02sM0Zcjnvep6qYm0.jpg
[/TVPOSTER][SERIESWRAP][EPISODENAME]Angie Tribeca[/EPISODENAME]

Genre: [GENRE]Comedy[/GENRE]

First Aired: [RELEASE]2016-01-17[/RELEASE]

Overview: [PLOT]Lone-wolf detective Angie Tribeca and a squad of committed LAPD detectives investigate the most serious cases, from the murder of a ventriloquist to a rash of baker suicides.[/PLOT][/SERIESWRAP][/SERIES]

Season 2 is really killing it.

on episode S2 E6. outstanding. Castle homage. Having Noah wyle as hospital head, and even Eric Le Salle as a surgeon.

Last edited by a moderator:

spronk

FPS noob
I can't believe how hot Heather Graham is, bitch is 46 years old and still looks as hot as her austin powers character from 20 years ago. Damn girl

WErfcnR.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
I missed the first few episodes (god damn DVR..) but the few I've seen so far seem better then season 1. Having a loose story that ties the episodes together is actually making all the random homages better, imo. Season 1 was just a little TOO random.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
"I tracked crime after crime to him. Voter fraud, racketeering, money laundering, racketeering fraud, voter laundering ... the list goes on and on!"

James Franco was pretty funny in this.

spronk

FPS noob
huh season 4 magically just dropped on TBS and torrent sites, 5 episodes up/out now probably 5 more tomorrow? Also marathoning on TBS I guess, although who the fuck still watches live TV

Bobby Canavale seems to be new
Angie Tribeca