Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
[SERIES][TVPOSTER]
vbKsxXfXo5EriHjI1U5FekB6OhO.jpg
[/TVPOSTER][SERIESWRAP][EPISODENAME]Animal Kingdom[/EPISODENAME]

Genre: [GENRE]Crime[/GENRE], [GENRE]Drama[/GENRE]

First Aired: [RELEASE]2016-06-14[/RELEASE]

Overview: [PLOT]The series centers on 17-year-old Joshua "J" Cody, who moves in with his freewheeling relatives in their Southern California beach town after his mother dies of a heroin overdose. Headed by boot-tough matriarch Janine "Smurf" Cody and her right-hand Baz, who runs the business and calls the shots, the clan also consists of Pope, the oldest and most dangerous of the Cody boys; Craig, the tough and fearless middle son; and Deran, the troubled, suspicious "baby" of the family.[/PLOT][/SERIESWRAP][/SERIES]

Why the fuck am I watching this trash? All 10 eps even.

Last edited by a moderator:

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
Bisi bro. I ask myself the same question. I keep expecting them to do/show things they clearly will not (a la HBO/SHO) but I fall for it every time. Show is ok I guess. Definitely could do much worse if you're watching regular channels.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
I kept watching this show, and now I'm invested.. but I can't say why I kept watching. It's not horrible, but it's not good either. I guess I'm just a sucker for crime/outlaw shows like this (it's like a super watered down version of Sons of Anarchy, imo.)

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
It's like I'm watching a bunch of spoiled brat mama's boys criminals.

And they all hate each other.

It also seems that if the cops followed any one of those kids around for just a day or two, they'd catch them in their criminal shit. Nope. Gotta go through a teacher to turn the kid to turn the family.

Hosix

All labs matter!
This show is a trap. It caught me as well. I watched each episode and I can't really explain why. It wasn't horrible but it wasn't amazing. It's some place in the middle.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I can't believe that I am almost completely done watching every episode of this show.

Definitely not top notch in the slightest but it is a guilty pleasure. Not sure which is worse, Sons of Anarchy or this.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
right? I don't find myself recommending this to other people, but I watch each week's episode as soon as I see it on my DVR.

I just like criminal shows like this. Sons of Anarchy was much better, imo, but this is a halfway decent replacement to fill that void.

The season 2 finale was ok, but I'm getting a little aggravated at the drama between the family. I kind of hope the one character doesn't make it.

I'm tired of Baz at this point. Smurf is a lying bitch, sure, but she didn't deserve what he did to her. She kept the money, invested it, and pays them off the interest it generates. I just never bought into the hate he has towards her, cept for the fate of Cath. Everything else just never resonated, he just came off as a spoiled brat.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
I can't believe that I am almost completely done watching every episode of this show.

Definitely not top notch in the slightest but it is a guilty pleasure. Not sure which is worse, Sons of Anarchy or this.

Sons of Anarchy is shit? I've been thinking of giving that show a go but I sure as hell don't wanna waste my time if it's crap.

Reht

Molten Core Raider
I really like this show but would have to say Sons of Anarchy is better, at least when comparing the first two seasons of SoA and Animal Kingdom. Personally, i think they started the major family drama a little early in the show's life and am getting a little tired of the Nicky character even though she is great eye candy. I would have preferred to see season 2 follow season 1 with the family drama just starting at the end of season 2.

I really want to see the movie, going to have to pick the effort and get part my half-assed attempts to find it online.

spronk

FPS noob
Sons of Anarchy is shit? I've been thinking of giving that show a go but I sure as hell don't wanna waste my time if it's crap.

only watch SoA if you have finished the shield, wire, breaking bad, boardwalk empire, sopranos, luther, and deadwood and need more crime show. i'd also just stop around season 3 or 4 and pretend the show ended there, the last 2-3 seasons are bad.

i always wondered who the fuck watched this show, i saw 5 mins of the first episode, saw that weird plastic monster Ellen Barkin and nope'd the fuck out

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
It's not crap, it's a dark comedy/drama show, though. If you are expecting a drama on the level of Wire or something, you'll be disappointed. Instead, it's partly a guilty pleasure show. If you want a crime drama show, watch one of the ones Spronk mentioned above first. Or, just watch the first few episodes and see if you enjoy it.