Anthony Bourdain Parts Uknown

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
Back when A Cook's Tour was on Food Network, there was a British (or Australian) guy who came on either before or after it who also did a show similar to Andrew Zimmern's. It's entirely possible you're thinking of him. No idea what his name was or if he had much fame after that.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Just wow to me. He honestly make my eye's open to his reporting.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
That was the episode he got an Emmy for. He was in Gaza during a revolution (it happened while he was filming at least), so they played it out. Oh wait, that has a CNN logo, so maybe that isn't the episode he got an Emmy for doing.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Ok, let me fix the last post. He was nominated for an Emmy for his Beirut episode because it documented their experience when the Israel-Lebanon conflict happened in 2006. They were filming when the conflict broke out.
No Reservations, season 2, episode 13.

He officially won an Emmy for his Haiti episode about 5 years later.
No Reservations, season 7, episode 1.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
His first book is one of my favorites. Extra interesting because it was written before he was "famous" (the book is what got him his TV shows).

If you haven't read Kitchen Confidential, you're missing out. Get the audio book.

Back when A Cook's Tour was on Food Network, there was a British (or Australian) guy who came on either before or after it who also did a show similar to Andrew Zimmern's. It's entirely possible you're thinking of him. No idea what his name was or if he had much fame after that.
No it was Zimmerman , and it was the Travel Channel just thought it was the Food Network for some reason that those shows aired on and I just didnt associate it with the Travel Channel as back then I watched a ton of Food Network shit , like Chopped and Iron Chef and that Alton Brown dude and the various other cooking shows.

Jarnin_sl

shitlord
I've been a big fan of Anthony Bourdain for the last 5 or 6 years. I've seen a few of his shows over the years, but I wasn't a regular viewer until now. Netflix has the first two seasons of Parts Unknown, and they just added a single season of No Reservations within the last week or two, which I'm watching right now (The Azores).

The great thing about his shows is that it isn't only about cooking and food. That's like a third of the show, but the other two-thirds is culture and politics, and he talks to people of all stripes; poor, rich, middle-class. Each episode gives you a very brief, but very insightful look into places you're likely to never visit.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Last night's episode was pretty great. All about The Bronx and the real origin of Hip Hop.

He had a short lived travel channel show called the Layover I think, he got shitfaced in almost every episode with the SanFran one being the best in that they were eating burgers at 3am and couldn't even put ketchup or mustard on the burger without getting it on themselves.
Yeah that show was literally just them taping their layovers between airports/filming episodes of No Reservations.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
So I was browsing through Netflix and found a show called Bar Rescue; a show about a bar consultant who tries to turn around failing bars.

The first though I had when I saw and heard the host Jon Taffer was "Is that Bigfoot from Kitchen Confidential?"

Am I crazy?

Araxen

Iran episode aired last night and was pretty great. Good people, ass government.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
DEATH TO AMERICA! DEATH TO ISRAEL!

Yeah was a good episode and fucked up what happened to the journalist and his wife he had on the show.

Araxen

DEATH TO AMERICA! DEATH TO ISRAEL!

Yeah was a good episode and fucked up what happened to the journalist and his wife he had on the show.
It mainly seems like the "Death to America" and stuff is just from the government and the normal citizens just want peace and prosperity.

Araxen

The new season started and the first episode was Cuba and it was pretty excellent. It's a must see if you like this show.