Anvil

Caliane

Co-op Roguelite ARPG. warframe like visual designs.
plays like Destiny, etc.. but top down. skills, upgrades, etc are sortof Hades like.

Its in early access. This is on Gamepass. a free demo on steam(not sure what thats like.) but even at the $22 full price I think it'd be good fun. def check it out, if you have gamepass.

like 16 characters I think atm. 4 start unlocked.

it seems tough, given my early playthroughs. I've FAILED to complete a mission, every single time so far. Although, I'm not sure how much is missing key boss strategies.. versus late game monster's being over tuned, and becoming bullet sponges. That seems to be an issue. shit just doesn't die. and the longer you take, enemies get MORE hp, and damage..
There is a mechanic where, the runs are timed. and over time enemies get hp and damage buffs.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Caliane

I suppose thats true. this is a bit Destiny, a bit hades, arpg. it feels more on the arpg and Destiny side. it feels like you are supposed to be able to beat these bosses.. but your bullets just arn't doing enough damage. so after 4min of outplaying the boss, you eventually get 1 shot.

so yeah, its unclear atm, where the line for "get gud", versus passive roguelite perm unlocks, versus untuned is. like Tribes of midgard, there was a clear improvement of play, as I learned the game. the line of "get gud" was very clear.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
From one of the steam reviews

1638632889571.png

• 1Barf
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Caliane

im not sure I see the seasonal aspect as much of an issue. That said, rebranding is a huge red flag. rarely do we see large amounts of actual game improvements when doing that.

so, just check out via gamepass. don't buy it.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Friend and I really enjoyed it. The melee chars seem to be way better than ranged though.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
This genre is pretty hit and miss and mostly miss.

Helldivers and the like. I have tried to play a bunch of them, but they never hook for me. I played a decent amount of Warframe and Destiny (the first one) but the asymmetric squad-based co-op shooter has been meh.

That whole thing on the rebranding is hilarious. Steam used to be a swamp of shit cash grabs in the olden days - it has gotten better but there is still enough mobile ports and the like to keep you on your toes.