Anyone familiar with Postman (REST API)?

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I'm trying to figure out why my code within the Body of one of my POST requests is turning from the color coordinated, purple and blue, to a standard black, if I modify it at all. I'm also getting a bad string notification, but it's returning the correct value when I Send. It says I'm sending a null value if the code isn't colored.

It's strange as fuck.

{
"ClientId":" **stuff here** ",
"Secret":" **stuff here** ",
}

ShakyJake

<Donor>
I'm trying to figure out why my code within the Body of one of my POST requests is turning from the color coordinated, purple and blue, to a standard black, if I modify it at all. I'm also getting a bad string notification, but it's returning the correct value when I Send. It says I'm sending a null value if the code isn't colored.

It's strange as fuck.

{
"ClientId":" **stuff here** ",
"Secret":" **stuff here** ",
}
Sounds like what you're describing, with the colors and all, is the JSON structure isn't correct once you modify it. What you pasted above looks correct, however.

You might want to try taking the modified JSON and pasting it into Notepad, or some other plain-jane text-editor, to strip away any hidden formatting that might be creeping in.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Sounds like what you're describing, with the colors and all, is the JSON structure isn't correct once you modify it. What you pasted above looks correct, however.

You might want to try taking the modified JSON and pasting it into Notepad, or some other plain-jane text-editor, to strip away any hidden formatting that might be creeping in.

I guess I should clarify what I mean by modify, I'm not actually changing anything about the code, I'm simply clicking on it, adding a space, then deleting it. I have to import the originally provided test step to retain the "color", and it makes no damn sense.

I'll need to check my code again, but the comma being there or not isn't a factor and may just be a typo in my example.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
Sounds like it's getting set to "Text" rather than "JSON":

LqQddCh.png

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user