anyone hear about AI driven/controlled weaponry

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Had my tinfoil hat on and did some deep diving online and this seems like the most face palm use of AI ive heard of so far. Unclear to me if this is mostly happening in the US, versus china or russia etc but I guess theres some fomo happening between different militaries.

Of all the ways for humanity's demise to occur at the hands of AI this seems like one of the worst. I'd much prefer a brave new world type scenario where my ai overlord keeps me medicated and numbed to control me, rather than a fiery death to chat gpt controlled ICBMs.

Maybe theres something I dont understand here, but if there's even an iota of possibility that the ai 's black box has a secret agenda it may enact at any given moment, why would you give it control of long range warheads even given the potential benefits. Anyone else hear of this?

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
Had my tinfoil hat on and did some deep diving online and this seems like the most face palm use of AI ive heard of so far. Unclear to me if this is mostly happening in the US, versus china or russia etc but I guess theres some fomo happening between different militaries.

Of all the ways for humanity's demise to occur at the hands of AI this seems like one of the worst. I'd much prefer a brave new world type scenario where my ai overlord keeps me medicated and numbed to control me, rather than a fiery death to chat gpt controlled ICBMs.

Maybe theres something I dont understand here, but if there's even an iota of possibility that the ai 's black box has a secret agenda it may enact at any given moment, why would you give it control of long range warheads even given the potential benefits. Anyone else hear of this?
https://www.firesofheaven.org/threa...e-technological-singularity.1918/post-4444634 some talk in the singularity thread. Palantir has a combat AI.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user