Arcade Fire - "Reflektor" October 28, 2013.

OFWGKTA_sl

shitlord
Anyone listened to the new Arcade Fire yet? James Murphy from LCD produced it which is kind of swell.

First single, "afterlife", is pretty fucking great.

unrelated image of win butler being shot with homer simpson's crackwhore-makeup-shotgun.

rrr_img_47484.jpg

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I'd be excited for this if the best song on their last album wasn't a cover. They've lost their touch in my opinion.

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
The song that came out 8 weeks ago isn't their first single? I prefer it a lot more to afterlife

OFWGKTA_sl

shitlord
The song that came out 8 weeks ago isn't their first single? I prefer it a lot more to afterlife
Should have read "first single I'd heard."

I guess they lost their coolness factor these days. I'll agree though that "Funeral" is still my favorite after 10 years.

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
The Suburbs ended up growing me, but I can't even remember the last time I wanted to listen to Neon Bible

foddon

Silver Knight of the Realm
Yeah, Neon Bible didn't do much for me but Suburbs was amazing. I fucking love that they did this movie... makes the songs instantly more meaningful (and better) to me. I'm a huge sucker for any album where the songs tie together in some way.

Xeldar

Silver Squire
I can't listen to their album. Their other album (first?) reminds me of being 19 and having my first serious girlfriend. I don't wanna relive those skinny-fat faggot years.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Going to see them Barclays, front row baby! Let me know if anyone in the NY area wants to fuck.

BradleyBear_sl

shitlord
Reflektor was alright. It was what I expected after seeing their late night acid trip music jam party they played after SNL one night. Suburbs is still better I think.

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
Afterlife is played pretty regularly at one of the club/bar hybrids here, it's really grown on me

foddon

Silver Knight of the Realm
Yeah that song will get stuck in your head. Favorite part of the album for me is Awful Sound into It's Never Over. Last three tracks of the first disc (Normal Person, You Already Know, and Joan of Arc) are pretty weak which hurts the listening experience of the album for me... guess I need to rearrange them to the end.