Archeage

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
What do you guys think of a Soothsayer and Nightblade as a duo.

Soothsayer: Shadowplay, Auramancy and Vitalism.

Nightblade: Shadowplay, Auramancy, and Defense.

Essentially both have sneak, teleport, and cc-breakers(immunity)...one tank, one healer.

Our focus is not on pvp, but when we have to, it's for it to be on our terms. We won't have high dps, but figure out we'll have good mobility and survivability.

Heck, one of the goal is to be able to do cross-continent traderuns...and not kill anyone waiting for us at the docks, but to survive long enough for the guards to kill them.
smile.png

With sneak, and teleport we think we'll be able to get easily within the guard's aggro range.
smile.png

Think that would be workable for a duo of cowards, just trying to surive?
smile.png

We're not looking to be the top 1% most effective, just something fun that will suit our objectives.

Jaybee

Silver Knight of the Realm
I'll also say that the farming side of patron status is overblown. I'm a patron for this one, but I've figured out that it doesn't make as much of a difference. The small farm doesn't really have that much space, but there's PLENTY of public farming space available (even in the very first farm you come across). As long as you're not planting trees where you're harvesting fruit from them, the public farm is protected for I think 2 or 3 days...something like that. So you can plant your shit for the trade pack quests, or cotton, or whatever on the public farm in whatever little areas you can.
Public farms are nowlimited to certain items. You can't plant trade quest items on them like turmeric and cotton. It's either pay money or run around hiding crops now.

Cybsled

What do you guys think of a Soothsayer and Nightblade as a duo.

Soothsayer: Shadowplay, Auramancy and Vitalism.

Nightblade: Shadowplay, Auramancy, and Defense.

Essentially both have sneak, teleport, and cc-breakers(immunity)...one tank, one healer.

Our focus is not on pvp, but when we have to, it's for it to be on our terms. We won't have high dps, but figure out we'll have good mobility and survivability.

Heck, one of the goal is to be able to do cross-continent traderuns...and not kill anyone waiting for us at the docks, but to survive long enough for the guards to kill them.
smile.png

With sneak, and teleport we think we'll be able to get easily within the guard's aggro range.
smile.png

Think that would be workable for a duo of cowards, just trying to surive?
smile.png

We're not looking to be the top 1% most effective, just something fun that will suit our objectives.
Using NPCs to your advantage has been smart PVP ever since the days of NWN on AOL. If it works, use it.

Right now I'm playing around with battlerage/defense/shadowplay. Idea being a tank with good mobility...lots of abilities to close the distance and make distance if needed.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I have no idea what's going on in that top picture. Is he a team pk'er or something?

I got two RL friends to start playing last night. All night I was getting messages from people asking to join my group/guild. After about an hour of it, in voice chat, I'm like, "What the fuck? Why do I keep getting these messages about a guild." Turns out one of my friends decided to spam alliance chat every 3-4 minutes about our guild being a hardcore raiding/pvp guild, with top players from Korea, and that we were recruiting. Oh, and to message the other guy and myself. Ass...although I'll admit it was kind of funny. I think the tells to join got worse after I knew about it. Or he was just spamming more, not sure.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
The issue with needing lots of labor for things like opening money pouches and shit is something they're talking about with XL.

While I agree on the one hand that not giving people in the beta test Patron status is kinda dumb, they do need to test out how the free-player restrictions actually work in a live game environment and get player feedback about it.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
What servers are you all on? I'm on the Nimera or w/e server.
I'm on Naima. Or Namia? I can't fucking remember. I rerolled my 20ish guy and I'm 12 right now. I'm kind of cheating with it though since I have 2 farms and a ton of gilda stars I'm going to use to power through the lowbie shit. So I'll hopefully be around 40 by the end of this beta. Name's Basalt if you're east.

sticktastic_sl

shitlord
Quick question, now that closed beta has started, if I buy the $50 silver founders pack that says

Includes:
Access to All Beta Tests and Events

Does that mean I can play right now?

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Thank you.
You should be able to find a key though. Just hang out on the Reddit for Archeage for about an hour. I think they gave out like 3x as many keys for this beta as they did the first. Unless you just know you're going to want to play, or don't care about the $50.

sticktastic_sl

shitlord
You should be able to find a key though. Just hang out on the Reddit for Archeage for about an hour. I think they gave out like 3x as many keys for this beta as they did the first. Unless you just know you're going to want to play, or don't care about the $50.
Ive been trying, cant seem to find anyone giving them out until its to late. seems much harder than other betas to get into

Cybsled

If you do buy founder, don't use credits on the Lagomorph mount. Cross a Lion statue from China and Barney the dinosaur. It literally jumps like Barney too. Now I understand why no one uses it. I was jumping around on one and some guy watching me said "im done" and vanished lol.

The rare elk kind of looks like Furion from Dota2.

Opimo_sl

shitlord
Ya, patron generates 10 pts every 5min while you are online (5 per 5 when offline). At level 12 I have like 700 pts...more than I can spend at the moment, honestly.

Other things I learned:

1) Dont vendor the "green" noob weapons you get while leveling up. Get the thing that lets you extract archeum from them, as that is a needed crafting material.
2) Some animal feed requires you make a workstation at your farm and use mats you get from harvesting various plants. You may want to hold off on larger animals until you get settled in that regard. Stick to plant based stuff at first. I learned that the hard way.
3) Your first farm is a quest reward from the Blue Salt Guild, so don't worry about visiting the special island as a noob since you don't actually buy the farm there.
Archeum is hard to get once you hit 50. Don't piss it away on stupid shit.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If you do buy founder, don't use credits on theLagomorph mount. Cross a Lion statue from China and Barney the dinosaur. It literally jumps like Barney too. Now I understand why no one uses it. I was jumping around on one and some guy watching me said "im done" and vanished lol.

The rare elk kind of looks like Furion from Dota2.
AATareMount.jpg

And it's ugly as fuck.

UjgFES0.jpg

Leviathan

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Anyone else have issues where your mount won't stay on your hotbar when you relog? I'm getting tired of dragging it back to my hotbar each time.

Sumi_sl

shitlord
No issues with my mount moving from the hotbar! Managed to hit 10 and reskilled to Tomb Warden (Songcraft, Defense, Auramancy). Quickly realized I need a pointer on what skills to select with this combo. There does some to be a little info on classes out there.