Archeage

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
QCjjzwO.jpg

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
If you're talking about the graphical stutter type lag you get at times the best way to fix that is the upgrade to a SSD. Night and day performance difference all other things equal.
Anyone know if I can just copy my files straight over to the SSD? I swear I remember people saying you could move them to/from the Steam folder, but that sounded like it was the same HD.

Nija

<Silver Donator>
Anyone know if I can just copy my files straight over to the SSD? I swear I remember people saying you could move them to/from the Steam folder, but that sounded like it was the same HD.
Steam has a way to do it, but you can do it with pretty much everything. Google for mklink /J - windows junction points.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hey I just tried the Transcontinental traderun (one of the Blue Salt quests to get the 16x16 farm). I was like "hey it's beta, them lewd kidz will be too busy PKing each others in low level zones rather than camping oceans with boats and shit". Got jumped, killed and robbed 500 meters from the coast by 2-4 clipper crews before they eventually assaulted each other to establish alpha dominance over my trade pack. This game's release will be awesome.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Damn buddy, pulling out the RZ in here? Idk, I'm still peering over the bush at Trion and seeing how they manage this KR port.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Damn buddy, pulling out the RZ in here? Idk, I'm still peering over the bush at Trion and seeing how they manage this KR port.
Archeage definitetly has flaws but I think the game will be fun for at least a few months when people will have to deal with transcont trade runs to get their stuff. The game has that particular "fuck people shit up" vibe. Of course there are safezones, of course you don't really lose anything besides tradepacks / time but I don't know, it feels kind of refreshing having that whole land / sea world waiting for shit to happen.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Archeage definitetly has flaws but I think the game will be fun for at least a few months when people will have to deal with transcont trade runs to get their stuff. The game has that particular "fuck people shit up" vibe. Of course there are safezones, of course you don't really lose anything besides tradepacks / time but I don't know, it feels kind of refreshing having that whole land / sea world waiting for shit to happen.
I definitely have gotten a bunch of lols out of lassoing someone off of their boat into the water and jacking their pack. Doesn't make up for the heeby-geebies XL games gives me.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Trapped in Randomonia>
I'm watching my legacy supply of tank mines / claymores dry up :*( I didn't see where I could replenish, so I finally looked it up and with the revamp, you can only stock up as many as your class can hold at once in your inventory.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I definitely have gotten a bunch of lols out of lassoing someone off of their boat into the water and jacking their pack. Doesn't make up for the heeby-geebies XL games gives me.
Gonna agree with that since some fun stuff is here "by accident" like harpoon clipper boogaloo, kidnapping AFK players, tractor embargo etc. Once set, I think a lot of people will be discontent about how castle sieges work. Also gear grind with RNG will leave a lot of people on the side. The fun is definitely there, but there's no mysterious metagame. It's all about fucking people's shit up.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
I think the PVP in this game is really well done. I haven't had this much fun with an MMO's PVP since Rallos Zek.
where are you pvping, because I cant find a good fight, I just roll over everyone and my gear is only lvl 44, arcane. Stone-arrow / trickster /daggerspell.

I haven't logged on in like 4 days because the pvp is lame, and im tired of fucking farming and making trade runs, lvl 50+ gear is unattainable with the time frame left, and even If I started from the beginning of alpha I don't think id ever waste the time to run through this type of crafting system.

This game was 100% 4-5 months for me, now after alpha I feel like im done and may not even play release, Or ill just play it for the "initial buzz" of 3 months and pick a completely OP class IE daggerspell, or darkrunner.

The systems in place after you hit 50 and want to gear up just flat out fucking suck, if you thought lvl 44 gear was a bitch to make Stuff over Magnificent, requires materials from freedick island and you get 1 material per trade pack, need 3 for 1 OIL to make 1 piece of armor.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Should just rename this game GriefAge and quit beating around the bush.
Indeed, the game has a sandbox-ish vibe but it's definitely your every MMO on its own. It has own-faction killing (PK), somewhat elaborated crafting system and economy, non-instanced housing / farming, piracy and open seas but down the drain it's a "gear up or die" PvP focused MMO with okay combat gameplay. Definitely not the new Jesus MMO but right now entertaining, at some point. If you have friends to play with, or a powerhouse guild, you're gonna have fun. If you're alone and tiptoeing game content, you're gonna be a victim.

EDIT : I have alpha access but I'm playing CBT Events since alpha latency is a bitch for Europeans.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Maybe the problem is you're on alpha, TecKnoe. I've been doing the Halcyona stuff on beta and it's enjoyable. Plus random 1v1 out in the wild.

And yeah, I don't think anyone who's played it sees this one lasting 6+ months. It'll be a blast for the first month or two though.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Alpha server (dunno about Omega) is heavily clustered right now, most of powerhouses are waiting for release, nothing really happens unless you play during primetime. Since they said they'll do a major announcement during PAX everyone is assuming they'll disclose release date around later September, so most people log on in to check stuff and cba getting involved anymore.

EDIT : I don't think Archeage is the kind of game you log on and instantly find fun PvP around. There are better games out there for that. Archeage is the kind of game you get ganked by some little shit while farming some stuff, and take revenge when this asshole is hanging around sea with his friends to run some tradepacks. If you log on in and expect heavy AAA PvP you're gonna get sad.

Cybsled

I've been getting good at doing Freerich isle runs on my low level blighter vs. level 50 PKs. Just need to learn the best avenues of approach and have -lots- of patience. In most cases, the PK get bored as fuck waiting for prey and start to entertain themselves, which is usually the best time to play Metal Gear Solid in-game ;P

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
If you're talking about the graphical stutter type lag you get at times the best way to fix that is the upgrade to a SSD. Night and day performance difference all other things equal.
Went ahead and just did a fresh install. Wasn't bad since they lowered the download to 8 gigs from 20-whatever. I'll see if I have enough time tonight to take the boat out and if that improves it.

koffin_sl

shitlord
Has anyone on here tried a healer?
I was curious how they are at lower levels it feels clunky but I wasn't sure if it come how got better eventually.
The healing in this game seems a bit dull, does it improve with time?