Archeage

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
ArcheAge | ArcheAge Launch Date Announced |

5 days Open Beta.

Alpha shutdown Sunday.

Infos from PAX Party via that Twitch Livestream :

- Auroria will be completely locked (as is not being able to land a foot on it locked) for the first 4-6 weeks.
- There will be a new build for Open Beta, it might include the Archeum droprate fix.
- They're gonna remove Regrade Charms from the Marketplace.
- Healer weapons are coming as quest rewards.
- Mana regen will be tweaked up.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Now that release is announced and is super close, I updated the OP with what I'm trying to organize for this game:
With most MMO releases, this fine community creates a 'forum guild' for it that invariably fizzles out in a few months due to a lack of structure and recruitment. The serious players join serious guilds and the bored players move on. This is a travesty because these forums host the words of some of the most experienced and hardcore players in the world. In GW2 we changed that by signing up with a guild I've been a member of for almost a decade. PRX has along historyof being the dominant guild in every world PVP arena that's come out. We conquered the first keep in DAoC. We built the first city in the world in Shadowbane. We built the first keep and destroyed the first keep in Age of Conan. We were the first to control Altdorf in Warhammer. In GW2 we went 72-4 in WvW, with incredible contribution from this community.

This combination has been wildly successful as we've had over 200 members from Rerolled join our ranks, but there's still room for more. Those that have joined us have proven to be valuable assets to PRX and I'd love if everyone here who wants to fight wars stands at my shoulder. However, PRX is not for everyone. If you don't want to be in a professional environment, it's not for you. If you don't enjoy being part of a constant war effort, it's not for you. If you want to talk your shit on forums instead of ingame, PRX is not for you. But if you want to personally fight in the most epic and notable battles in ArcheAge, then PRX is where you want to go. We're gearing up for war in ArcheAge. We'll be claiming the seas, the trade routes and a castle in the north and taking on all comers.

If this sounds great and you want to really enjoy ArcheAge for all its worth, then you'll need to go through our recruitment process. Going through the application process is a little antiquated but it's critical that you get access to our forums to see our plans and it's also useful for us to get to know you. Read ourCode of Conductand if you agree to its termsfollow this processto post an application. Note that you are from Rerolled and if your desired name in ArcheAge differs from your forum name, please post it. If I know you I will respond to it vouching for you. If I don't know you I'm unable to vouch for you and your success or failure will determine on the quality of your application, so be specific and verbose in why you are a good fit for PRX.

Also note that people from PRX, including me, are strictly forbidden from engaging in drama shit-talking on public forums like this one. There's going to be some very salty tears from some very sore losers over the next month, but we will only address them on September 12th. Generally the only public posts we make are recruitment posts like this one. If you have any questions about PRX, please PM Tuco.

Here are the group screenshots from the two games this community and PRX has joined forces in:
LBenL8V.jpg

1815263.jpg

Cybsled

One can only hope that Trion's servers can handle the crush of folks on the 12th (esp once folks start claiming plots). Nothing worse than a launch day where you can't play for 90% of it due to technical issues on the dev's end
wink.png

Cybsled

Oh ya, you can guarantee all the premium spots will be gone by the time retail hits, the only caveat being the mansion/large house only plots (since they cost lots of gilda and mats). One people get clippers, you will probably start to see the unmarked island building plots start to go (since building an island house with a rowboat sucks lol).

bytes

Molten Core Raider
Are farms and houses actually important for something, or is it just part of the sandbox approach, aka marking your territory? And if you should need them, is there some kind of guide with most of the important information on how to setup houses/farms in an efficient manner?

Cybsled

Houses: You can set a bind point to your house, so that is the biggest plus. You can also put things like storage chest (bank vault) or a guest bed (regen bonus labor pts) inside one. Plus things like tradeskill benches/etc. Houses also have some plantable land around them for farming.

Farming: Basically lets you plant crops/livestock that people can't steal.

Farming is important because it lets you make mats that you can use to make tradepacks, which you can then trade for gold, special crafting mats, or gilda stars (think valor badges in WoW, except they can be used to buy high end houses/vehicles/boats/mounts/etc).

In terms of setting them up, do you mean crop wise or just in-the-world wise? Best locations in the world would be near the ocean/rivers, since that makes for easy tradepack transportation, or in premium zones that you will be spending lots of time in because of in-game content. As for crops/livestock, it mostly depends on what you are doing. Early on you'll be primarily focusing on planting stuff for the Blue Salt quests (which get you the 8x8, 16x16, and donkey), but after that it would be whatever you need (tradeskill mats, building materials, stuff for tradepack trading).

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
You can definitely get by without them, but it's a lot easier to make money with your own.

But with secret farms and guild/family sharing, they're certainly not required.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Are farms and houses actually important for something, or is it just part of the sandbox approach, aka marking your territory? And if you should need them, is there some kind of guide with most of the important information on how to setup houses/farms in an efficient manner?
If you want to craft, farms I would say are pretty much a necessity. They(Farms) are also a sure fire way to make money if you are not crafting(growing materials and just selling them). Otherwise you could do without and just farm mobs, play the AH, gather wild materials(iron, trees etc) etc to make money. You will need money to be able to get pretty much everything in the game if you or guild are not making it yourself(tradepacks, gear, consumables, designs etc). I could see someone never actually doing any Farming, but find another way to make money and just buy everything he/she wants.

You also have the option of planting anywhere in the world and hoping someone no one finds it and takes all the things you planted.

Houses serve a different purpose. They provide storage(where you can plant 50 slot storage chests), crafting stations for the later crafting items(usually 40+ stuff or after 10-15k proficiency), a bind/recall and teleport spot, can put mailbox, auction/bank/general merchant npc(s), a place to put items that increase specific crafting proficiencies and probably other things I have forgot about. They also give extra planting/farm land around the outside of the house, area size depending on the house you have.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So Tuco my artistic screenshots gallery is frowned upon while you can propagandize your zerg guild and get away with it ? It's a scandal, an outrage, I'd have surrendered for less...

Bruman

Golden Squire
So Tuco my artistic screenshots gallery is frowned upon while you can propagandize your zerg guild and get away with it ? It's a scandal, an outrage, I'd have surrendered for less...
FWIW, I thought your posts were the best thing in this thread.

Amycus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Played a Spellsong all through alpha, but thinking of trying a heal/support build during ob, and possibly for live. Anyone have any up to date builds for said role? Everywhere I seem to beck appears to be out of date, or in another language.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Played a Spellsong all through alpha, but thinking of trying a heal/support build during ob, and possibly for live. Anyone have any up to date builds for said role? Everywhere I seem to beck appears to be out of date, or in another language.
If you're willing to play heal / support there's Hierophant (Vitalism, Auramancy, Witchcraft). Pros are strong heals and lots of CC / disable abilities, while main problem is being squishy. Right now Templar (Vita, Aura, Defense) is kind of being frowned upon since Defense tree nerf. If you're looking to read some informative stuff about healers post 1.2,this threadlooks accurate. There are some decent alternatives to "pure healer" build, like Edgewalker / Necromancer. I'd say it's all about how your group plays, if you have nice people around you could shine as a Hierophant but if you're playing with headless chickens Templar / Necromancers seems like a better choice.

Also (based on my opinion) some thumb rules :

- Gear matters, you'll need a nice +heal weapon with crafted Spirit gear to be efficient.
- Songcraft based builds are nice but requires stationary prep time ; it's quite nice in large scale PvP but could be a hassle in small scale.
- Vitalism and Auramancy trees stack really well, if you're comfortable with your role you can almost pick anything besides them.
- Hybrids (DPS / Heal, Tank / Heal) don't perfom nice since there's actually no gear supporting them.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I still get a good laugh out of that GW2 picture. Was actually a ton of different pics shooped together because of the fucking culling.