Archeage

eVasiege_sl

shitlord
Can't even finished downloading the game. I've downloaded 8.85GB twice, and every time after it finishes it starts installing some other crap before showing me an error that it can't be updated. What I don't understand is why the 8.58 I downloaded isn't on my computer.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
Your last sentence is how I feel. The decisions they've made in the last 48 hours or so have really destroyed my trust for Trion. Which is really sad, because the months before this were fucking awesome. It's a really fun game. I've been jonesing to play for a while now and have been looking forward to launch badly. But in 48 hours they've basically shit all over the goodwill that had been built up.

If they could have just left shit alone, it'd probably have been the first MMO I played past month one in years.
my last sentence was a joke i have very little desire to play, but yes i was like you with a raging boner awaiting release day.

ill give it the initial 3 months but that's it after all the drama is over games dead.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Reading through some of the shitstorm on the official forums, and came across this quote from Scapes, responding to someone asking about labor pot CD.

Originally Posted by Scapes
ArcheAge does not have the technology to support account-based cooldowns at this time. We'll monitor potion use post-launch and make adjustments as necessary.

So, labor pot CD is still character based, in addition to the new 4hr CD. Which means you can achieve 30k in a different profession every day, and still have thousands of labor left over. GG Trion. Also, bullshit.

Nija

<Silver Donator>
Were any of you guys expecting anything else? If so you really need to step back and see if you really need those rose colored glasses on.

This was entirely predictable. Remember - even the Koreans don't play this shit anymore. There is a reason. And their taste in games is terrible, when taken as a whole.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Reading through some of the shitstorm on the official forums, and came across this quote from Scapes, responding to someone asking about labor pot CD.

Originally Posted by Scapes
ArcheAge does not have the technology to support account-based cooldowns at this time. We'll monitor potion use post-launch and make adjustments as necessary.

So, labor pot CD is still character based, in addition to the new 4hr CD. Which means you can achieve 30k in a different profession every day, and still have thousands of labor left over. GG Trion. Also, bullshit.
Can you link that post? I can't find it in dev tracer.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ah thanks. XL seem to be pretty lazy when it comes to this stuff. I'm not a coder, but can't be that hard. Question would be, would things be any different if Trion had more control(and could code their own stuff)?

I am just going to chuckle at anyone that spends $36 a day on labor pots. Change should make them a lot cheaper on the AH though.

Vitality

HUSTLE
I'm not laughing about that shit at all. This is about as bad as F2P's get. They're selling so much power on their cash shop.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm not laughing about that shit at all. This is about as bad as F2P's get. They're selling so much power on their cash shop.
Didn't you admit to trying to find and use any exploit/shortcut you could in MMOs to give you a advantage?

Vitality

HUSTLE
Well sure, I beat the shit out of these games, but not with my wallet. (I don't RMT or use programs or do that P2W bull shit) I'd be a complete idiot if I did. I already feel like an idiot for shitting away $150 on this after these changes went through. This game "WAS" a fucking great buy at $150 before all this.

You gotta feel similarly I'd assume. No one wants what they're doing to this game right now.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Am I the only one that looks at the benefits of the pay to win stuff and feel like nothing I've seen is going to stop me from being competitive with people dumping money on bullshit? I just don't care if someone hits 50k crafting in a couple days, or gets better gear cause they spend $$ to get it.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I probably overreacted to the archeum chests thing. Seeing the results of that now, I don't care anymore. It's too expensive to actually be worthwhile, and if someone really wants to drop the thousands of dollars it'd take, they probably deserve to whoop my ass in PVP.

The labor pots do bother me a bit. But then, after reading Tuco's post and thinking about the archeum, I kind of don't care about that anymore either. So someone will max out crafting really quick? They won't be able to make anything, because Trion never fixed the archeum drop rates like they said they would. And if theydo(hopefully) fix them, I'd imagine it means more/cheaper archeum on the AH. And that's good. It'd also probably mean cheaper crafted goods.

The changes that I'm actually pissed about now are the mount and glider changes. I'm hoping they just removed the gliders due to the fact that Auroria isn't open, and when it does they'll put them back in. But the mount changes are still fucking retarded. I don't know why anyone would give their players less options when the more options version was already coded and balanced.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Am I the only one that looks at the benefits of the pay to win stuff and feel like nothing I've seen is going to stop me from being competitive with people dumping money on bullshit? I just don't care if someone hits 50k crafting in a couple days, or gets better gear cause they spend $$ to get it.
I'm the same, though I can understand some people who's goal might be to hit 50,000 crafting first and be a sole supplier and this will make it much harder to compete. For me its just more people supplying stuff, which keeps prices down(not to mention have to still rely on supply of other material).

I probably overreacted to the archeum chests thing. Seeing the results of that now, I don't care anymore. It's too expensive to actually be worthwhile, and if someone really wants to drop the thousands of dollars it'd take, they probably deserve to whoop my ass in PVP.

The labor pots do bother me a bit. But then, after reading Tuco's post and thinking about the archeum, I kind of don't care about that anymore either. So someone will max out crafting really quick? They won't be able to make anything, because Trion never fixed the archeum drop rates like they said they would. And if theydo(hopefully) fix them, I'd imagine it means more/cheaper archeum on the AH. And that's good. It'd also probably mean cheaper crafted goods.

The changes that I'm actually pissed about now are the mount and glider changes. I'm hoping they just removed the gliders due to the fact that Auroria isn't open, and when it does they'll put them back in. But the mount changes are still fucking retarded. I don't know why anyone would give their players less options when the more options version was already coded and balanced.
Yeah out of all the changes, the mount one confuses me the most. I would love to now the reasons for changing it, since I never heard complaints about them. Granted atm the reasons to pic one mount over the other is cosmetic and activate abilities, so maybe that was their goal(instead of just speed, which made some mounts just over-looked).

Vitality

HUSTLE
Not sure what the exact Labor/exp ratio is. 1000 labor might be a level really early, but becomes moot later.
Vocational tonics factor in here as well. Doubles the amount of xp gained from spending labor. Cash shop purchasable of course.

In my harani guide I mine roughly 500 labor worth for a few levels at level 7 range - with a vocational tonic I would only need to expend 250 labor to get the same effect. If that's any metric to work with.

**Edit I'd have to check the video again for exact numbers

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Vitality, looking at your 1-10 guide, isn't going after foxes at release kind of impossible? Or is the guide intended to be used a couple weeks after release? Also I hit level 8 and had 15 gildas at the same time you hit level 8 from foxes, and that's using a path that would work with release-level congestion.