Archeage

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
ArcheAge Version 1.2 Build 4.8: Patch Notes
GAMEPLAY
* The drop rate of loot bags from monsters has significantly increased.
* The drop rate of Sunlight Archeum, Moonlight Archeum, and Starlight Archeum from loot bags has been greatly increased.
* The chance of equipment from loot bags has increased from monsters. These items can be salvaged to gain archeum.
* The Solid Shaft recipe is available again, allowing for the construction of fishing boats.

INTERFACE
* The Auction House can now be searched using German and French.

MARKETPLACE
* The Marketplace inventory has been reorganized in terms of Featured Items and categorization of consumables.
* The Additional Character Slot item has been added. Accounts may have a maximum of six character slots per region but a limit of four character slots per server.
* The Workman's Compensation labor potion has been returned to 12-hour cooldown and price of 300 Credits.
* The Auction House License permitting non-Patrons to create Auction House listings has been added. It is not tradable.

OTHER
* The priority server login queue for Patrons is now even faster.

COMING SOON
* Cosmetic Costumes: A future build will remove the stats from all costumes that are obtained or crafted in-game, much like stats were removed from costumes on the Marketplace. Similar to the normalization of mount speeds, this change is to prevent power creep and stat inflation while also promoting costume choice and preventing "best" items to be wearing to maximize your character's gameplay.
* Improved Anti-Spam: XLGAMES is delivering a way for us to integrate our internally-developed anti-spam technology which learns over time and then kills spam and spammers before you see either even once. Expect more details on this to be announced next week.

NOTES
* This patch is less than 200MB large from the Open Beta client (8.5GB large as a new installation) and is available for download now from Glyph. Note that Head Start begins September 12 at 10:00 AM PDT (GMT-7).
Source

Cybsled

Anyone else getting a black glyph screen? I can still do the login/etc shit, but the parts where it shows the Archeage splash and play button are all blank/black.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Did you download off Steam? Seems like most of the people with that issue did. They're supposed to be doing a patch for that shortly.

Ryanz

<Banned>
Probably not. But you should log into the site and see if you're on the list of recruits who need to check in who haven't been around in a while. And it'd probably be best if you did it tonight.
I'm not even on the list. Guess I'll just solo.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
322883e9_the-rock-slow-clap.gif

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Wish they'd tell us what the game version should say. See people with all different builds. Gonna be some pissed off people tomorrow if they have to redownload.

I'm on 204948f
No response yet from Trion but it sounds like 204948f is the correct version for this small patch.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Different people like different things and there's nothing really wrong with not wanting to be an underdog. Plus there's fights where you're outnumbered 20-40% and win and those are great. Then there's logging into your PvP zone and seeing the enemy spawn camping everyone. Your zone chat is full of everyone screaming at each other and you know the guys you're fighting are coat tail riding little dick waving chumps that don't deserve the satisfaction of killing anyone just because it's 100v10.

As a competitive player the big reason I enjoy warfare MMOs is because the meta part of the war is so dynamic and complex it's a lot of fun. What this means in practice is my goal is to empower my team and diminish my enemy before we even log in. Followed to its logical consequence when we're successful we have a boring game with no one to fight. We're very aware of this and we've actually spent much more time leading up to ArcheAge trying to ensure we have good enemies to fight than we have looking for someone to watch our back.

I can say this though, the best times I had in GW2 were when we got 2v1'd and were up against a superior force. The evening where we spent hours inside our home keep with almost no walls left and no NPC leader was the highlight of GW2. We were the main force in Eternal Battlegrounds that night and had to really push to rally our side. What's interesting is that at first we had trouble getting our force in the instance as per usual on a reset night, but as the night wore on and we kept getting our shit pushed in it got easier and easier because the people who didn't want a real fight would just log off. You also see this internally in PRX where we have a core of old school gamers who enjoy getting whipped and only really shine when we get beat several times. Meanwhile a lot of the newer people, who up to this point were great when we were winning or balanced, would start to wilt.
Just re-entering this convo - ya reason it'd be fun for me to be the underdog isnt so much that I actually *enjoy* the underdog aspect itself - its just that I know as long as there is a big name guild on the server, the population will hopefully be good and there will be interesting stuff going on for longer. If not for the way land is going to work on the initial server start I'd just focus on being on the biggest server with the biggest guilds.

This game more than any other mmo i've played in a while is going to be made or broken largely by the players themselves and how much 'content' they generate by doing fun/ridiculous shit with/against each other. A small server with casual pvpers and indifferent crafters will die out fast. As sutekh and others have readily pointed out, itemization/crafting, pvp balance, pve, and just about every other standard mmo tenet is complete ass in this game (though i completely disagree on the visuals, game looks amazing on my end - just the animations are mediocre). Despite all this, when I accidently rammed into someones boat and capsized it, and then watched them get aggro from 300 seabugs when they tried to swim back, then went ahead and stole their tradepacks , all I could think about was how much I loved this game!

Bruman

Golden Squire
I think I finally settled on my launch plans:

-Create main furry (I'd rather go pedo I think, but apparently fall damage reduction is worth it) to get daru chests on the character I care about without worry about mailing it around or something fucking up, log off
-Create alt I never-play-after-this pedo, 15 gilda star rush for the house. Hirran is a little easier on the 15 star rush it sounds like. Set house down.
-Do small farm quest. Plant appropriate crops
-Switch to main furry. Do the 50 star rush, plant farmhouse and small farm, more crops
-Eat food IRL while hanging out with whatever PRX needs help with
smile.png
, breathe some heh

I don't think I can take rushing multiple toons to 15 just to do more land grab. Honestly, the fact that I'm doing two is a big departure for me hehe.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
I don't think I can take rushing multiple toons to 15 just to do more land grab. Honestly, the fact that I'm doing two is a big departure for me hehe.
I'm just going to stick with the one character knowing full well I may regret it later. I'll do the house/small farm rush then get to normal leveling.

The biggest issue to me, still, only a couple hours away here, is class to level with. I'm pretty intrigued by quirky, all support type classes, and as a result am interested in the Tomb Warden, even though it seems pretty basic from a mechanic standpoint.

But I cant decide if I want to just go with that or do one of the FOTM dps classes and then level up the bard later.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Tuco, what's the server situation, I want to know so I can roll west against you guys.

Atleast so I can get some good duels in against goodnews/cinge etc.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Tuco, what's the server situation, I want to know so I can roll west against you guys.

Atleast so I can get some good duels in against goodnews/cinge etc.
We've just decided 100% on Kyrios. The reason for this is because it has the top PvP guilds and should have the highest competition. It will have land scarcity problems, it will have queues, it will be laggy. This is the price we pay for being on the hardest server with the toughest foes. This will be the big leagues folks. This is the adult's table and we are taking our place at the head.