Archeage

The Blackrose_sl

shitlord
The angle's simple - Jericho is sick of Sorcerer talking shit and wants him to back it up in a GvG.

The backpedaling is extra rich when you consider that Agg rolled up on TWO's guild meeting and bombed the house last night. I believed one of Agg's members put it as, "We killed 50 while they were still inside, and 250 poured out of the house."

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
I think it's a little bit of both. I think in some ways their hands are tied with a lot of this shit but then they realize it'll make them money and casually are able to turn a blind eye to it. I think they are flat out lying when they say it's about negotiating with the developer when in reality I don't think they have much negotiating power at all. The dev is going to do what the dev wants to do and Trion is going to take it like a bitch and play dumb to it's customers.
I think after everything we know about this game so far, it's time to stop the "Trion's hands were tied" as mitigation of any type. It's getting stupid on it's face.

Trion isn't some indie company who can't afford lawyers. They aren't some small time operator who weren't able to send people from their team to Korea to check out a year in advance what the game was like (what they did). They aren't some new company that had no idea what their typical playerbase (Rift fans) expected from them as far as quality assurance and competence. Their CEO (Hartsman) has not only been around the block, not his first rodeo or whatever else saying that infers he's green around the ears fits his situation and has the bones to prove it. He not only isn't new, but was in the genre from practically the beginning. Their company has deep ties to several corporate investors such as Dodge and others. Wall Street Journal coverage. SyFy channel connections. The list of "shulda know" is insane.

They knew. It's that simple. That's why they have a team of lawyers to peruse the contracts and explain things. It's not both; it was one thing. Trion knew exactly what the terms were from the beginning and took a calculated gamble on their reputation.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I agree with Jack. We all knew how much of a problem the relationship between XL and Trion was going to be, there's no reason to suspect that Trion and Scott didn't know also. Them throwing XL under the bus for every problem is a calculated smoke screen.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Oh they knew exactly what they were getting into, the whole "we have almost no control" was not a surprise, but also doesn't mean you just dismiss it.

I mean jesus, they even have to get the code from XL to update the cash shop. So literally trion does nothing but CS and suggestions. Not sure why you would ever put yourself in that position, you are literally the face and will take the blame for everything.

Jaybee

Silver Knight of the Realm
I think after everything we know about this game so far, it's time to stop the "Trion's hands were tied" as mitigation of any type. It's getting stupid on it's face.

Trion isn't some indie company who can't afford lawyers. They aren't some small time operator who weren't able to send people from their team to Korea to check out a year in advance what the game was like (what they did). They aren't some new company that had no idea what their typical playerbase (Rift fans) expected from them as far as quality assurance and competence. Their CEO (Hartsman) has not only been around the block, not his first rodeo or whatever else saying that infers he's green around the ears fits his situation and has the bones to prove it. He not only isn't new, but was in the genre from practically the beginning. Their company has deep ties to several corporate investors such as Dodge and others. Wall Street Journal coverage. SyFy channel connections. The list of "shulda know" is insane.

They knew. It's that simple. That's why they have a team of lawyers to peruse the contracts and explain things. It's not both; it was one thing. Trion knew exactly what the terms were from the beginning and took a calculated gamble on their reputation.
Hartsman is an uprooter!

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
I love the cars! I think I want the 4 wheel drive version, but they took it out. I'm many months away from having one though. Even with the price drops the most I could buy would be two thunderstruck trees and it needs 8, and 80 natural rubber. I've planted several hundred rubber trees and not gotten a single one yet. 0 down 80 to go.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Oh they knew exactly what they were getting into, the whole "we have almost no control" was not a surprise, but also doesn't mean you just dismiss it.

I mean jesus, they even have to get the code from XL to update the cash shop. So literally trion does nothing but CS and suggestions. Not sure why you would ever put yourself in that position, you are literally the face and will take the blame for everything.
Why? Because money. They made some money with this. There is all your reasons.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
First siege Nov 23rd! We'll have to wait until the 30th though.

Patch notes_sl said:
AURORIA
The Auroria siege schedule has been changed to start sooner!
Sieges tokens will be listed on the Auction House every three weeks at 2:30 PM PST / 10:30 PM GMT followed by the siege declaration 48 hours later when the auction ends. Sieges themselves will begin four days after the siege token is listed on the Auction House at 1:00 PM PST / 9:00 PM GMT with mutual hostile status being set for the attacking and defending guilds 30 minutes prior to the siege beginning.
The first siege tokens for Heedmar and Nuimari will be going up on the Auction House next Wednesday, November 19 at 2:30 PM PST / 10:30 PM GMT with the siege starting on Sunday, November 23 at 1:00 PM PST / 9:00 PM GMT.
The first siege tokens for Marcala and Calmlands will be going up on the Auction House on Wednesday, November 26 at 2:30 PM PST / 10:30 PM GMT with the siege starting on Sunday, November 30 at 1:00 PM PST / 9:00 PM GMT.
While these are currently set as universal times for both NA and EU, we are looking into being able to set the time for each region individually. We'll have an update on this by next Wednesday. That said, we will do everything within our power to ensure that the first Heedmar/Nuimari and Marcala/Calmlands times announced in these patch notes do not change: players can plan their gameplay time based on them.
ArcheAge Updating to Version 1.2 Build 4.15 : archeage

I wonder how the Heedmar and Nuimari sieges will go. TWO will 100% buy their own scroll for their castle this round and there's nothing wrong with that, but I wonder if they will make good on their promise to buy DA's siege scroll.

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
Why did Trion...

*points finger* "XLGAMES!"
*points finger* "TRION!"
*points finger* "XLGAMES!"
*points finger* "TRION!"

...make this change? Were players upset that it was too much time or was this just some arbitrary decision? I thought people were generally happy with the setup.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
If they change anything about siege times they should make sieges happen every week.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Not sure. I imagine it's pretty much the same for all servers with all the land taken. I heard that mobs killed in the zone are taxed in some way but I don't know if that's true or not.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
There's also a peace fund I don't really understand, and it's unclear how much of the siege money goes to the winner of the siege. I've heard different reports about it.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If playing on US from EU wasn't such painful, I'd have already rerolled. The EU Elite Guilds scene is pretty bad right now : it's basically like UN, only everyone playing Switzeland.

Harkon

Vyemm Raider
I love the cars! I think I want the 4 wheel drive version, but they took it out. I'm many months away from having one though. Even with the price drops the most I could buy would be two thunderstruck trees and it needs 8, and 80 natural rubber. I've planted several hundred rubber trees and not gotten a single one yet. 0 down 80 to go.
I've been farming the wild rubber trees every day since launch and only have like 10~