Archeage

Duskoy_sl

shitlord
What's the state of this game like now? Better PvE content? Pay to win? I quit because for some reason my computer would not load past the splash screen, hours upon hours of troubleshooting and there was no fix. Seems like now the game want's to load. Was with PRX for a brief moment (release)

Ridas

Pay to play forum
PvE is still nothing note worthy. The dungeons are even easier now and world bosses are only interesting when there is PvP involved. If you want a good PvE game, Archeage is still not the right game for you. It is still P2W also. Nothing changed there.

The game still shines when it comes to PvP. You can have a lot of big battles and meaningful battles. Worldbosses are at stake, Tradepacks worth 3.5k are at stake, and of course your pride. But you need an organized guild for it or the bigger guilds will just shit on you.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Unclaimed land? Yes. But I don't think land is that expensive.

One entry in a long list of ways AA could be better is if they had an event whenever land expired where it was very public and open PvP and used some kind of claimstone system for it.

I'm not an expert land grabber, but we have a few people who are excellent at yet. They've explained their strats but I still feel like most land grabbers cheat in some way. One was recently grabbed by a low level character we killed seconds before it expired, no idea if that's supposed to be possible or not.

Morsakin

Golden Knight of the Realm
Speaking of PVE for those of you who have done Anthalon: could any of you give a roundabout figure as to how many wheeled mortars / RIP ironclads a given raid would need with the current state of siege weapons? Accompanying raid force numbers would be welcome too.

Cybsled

The most annoying part of Ironclads is it is obviously unintended, but they aren't doing shit. People are even posting pictures of current patch Korea Ironclads doing 6k damage in siege mode.

XLgames/Trion are so lazy when it comes to shit like this ;/

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Cashing out. Have 35k gold to sell on Kyrios (or our cluster) for like half what the sites sell for. PM me if interested.

Ridas

Pay to play forum
One of our members with 5.4k gearscore usually tanks Anthalon and one guy picks up the adds, so you can aoe them down more efficent. It is not hard to tank Anthalon and beasically anybody with buffs on can do it.

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
This game looks right up my alley with the PVP. Is the population steady enough to have meaningful PvP on a regular basis though since the PvE seems like an afterthought?

Morsakin

Golden Knight of the Realm
This game looks right up my alley with the PVP. Is the population steady enough to have meaningful PvP on a regular basis though since the PvE seems like an afterthought?
On a large server with the right guild that could very well be so; however I'd say the question is your tolerance for RNG / grinding and the path it implies for you; outside of a few classes which aren't as gear dependent as other specs, working your way up the gear curve will see you getting your shit rocked consistently until you get to a decent spot. Though I'd wager that what I'd consider a decent spot on my low-pop / dead server and what someone on say, Kyrios, e.g. the PRX crew would say are two vastly different states of character progression.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
It is still not a full pvp server. A server with zero peace zones would be great. But the reaction from most people is thwt it is too late.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
It would take a full pvp server with a separate economic 'group' so all the stupid dupes and sploits of the past aren't relevant, and also, no cash shop for anything but cosmetic items. But I know that's not happening

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Why would you ever want to play on a private server ? You didn't have enough cheaters / exploits / dupers on your official server ?

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Why would you ever want to play 1.0?
No shitty Trion cash shop, RNG abuse is expected and encouraged (if not outright spawning your own items) so everyone is on an even playing field. No labor points (not that you would need them anyways, but that depends on how you want to play).

Why would you ever want to play on a private server ? You didn't have enough cheaters / exploits / dupers on your official server ?
Because EVERYONE will have access to the same 'sploits, rather than trying to hide around Trion's GMs (lol) without getting caught. It essentially levels the playing field.

I was playing on a private KR server before RU was released, and it was lots of fun, but it was shut down quite quickly.