Archeage

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Hmm, what is that text above everyone's heads with their name and the guild they're in? That's a really great idea and I hope more MMOs pick up on that idea.

Hmm, what is that text above everyone's heads with their name and the guild they're in? That's a really great idea and I hope more MMOs pick up on that idea.
Tuco is PRX officially there, cause I ran into a few of you all, they made me empty my pockets then took me to the bank and did the same lol.

But really I saw 3 guys from PRX is it the official guild there?

Gecko_sl

shitlord
rrr_img_65483.jpg

Possibly my favorite ever film, purely due to Kilmer.
You're no daisy. I just watched this for the 500th time or so, and I agree.

I'd be glad to help, but looks like Tuco is ahead of the curve. I figured you actually knew some people on this side of the pond which would even be better.

Any word when beta is for this? I'd like to play but I'm not paying 150.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Something about this patcher / installer is really not cooperating with my computer. It took like 2 hours for it to "scan files" or whatever the 1st part was, then 2 hours to d/l the 24 gig, and now it is doing nothing. It has an update button that is greyed out and if I try to close the patcher it says "patch in process, would you like to cancel?" There is nothing in the directory where I told it to install, but I did find a new \Download folder and there is a 187507.pak file that is 24 gig...

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Tuco is PRX officially there, cause I ran into a few of you all, they made me empty my pockets then took me to the bank and did the same lol.

But really I saw 3 guys from PRX is it the official guild there?
What do you mean they made you empty your pockets?

but yeah, we've had a lot of PRX in AA's NA alpha for some time now and have around 20 people in the PRX guild. Officially though we're playing ESO. We had a PvP raid last night with around 80 people and another one tomorrow morning.

Anomander Rake

Golden Knight of the Realm
Thinking about pulling the trigger on Alpha (more money than common sense I guess) and wanted to know if anyone has any idea about how fast the Korean devs are putting out new content / patches & how big / small are planned updates?

Would anyone mind giving me headsup on the basics of classes, I know at certain levels you can branch into other classes but to be honest don't know shit about it.

Not so much the basics of classes but the class system is what I guess I am asking about?

Vitality

HUSTLE
Would anyone mind giving me headsup on the basics of classes, I know at certain levels you can branch into other classes but to be honest don't know shit about it.

Not so much the basics of classes but the class system is what I guess I am asking about?
You ever play Titan Quest?

It's like that, cept less skill points.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I must be retarded for wanting to spend 150 bucks to get into this, I just wonder how far away Beta is before I jump on board.

What is the estimated time to download the game on a 10/mbs connection? I only have tomorrow off until I start flying all over the gd place.

EDIT: Fuck it I bought it, downloading now.

Ryanz

<Banned>
I must be retarded for wanting to spend 150 bucks to get into this, I just wonder how far away Beta is before I jump on board.

What is the estimated time to download the game on a 10/mbs connection? I only have tomorrow off until I start flying all over the gd place.

EDIT: Fuck it I bought it, downloading now.
It's a 22.9GB download. I'm getting a steady 2MB/s.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
So the $150 gets you into an English language alpha? Is it unlimited access or just weekends?

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
24/7 Alpha access for $150. Beta is possibly just weekend events but Alpha is 24/7 even during Beta. Exceptions of course for downtime due to patching. I'll try to find where I read this.

And also I caved. sigh. Of all things the ability to climb trees did it. I don't know why.

So the $150 gets you into an English language alpha? Is it unlimited access or just weekends?
Unlimited and not all is coverted to English yet, that's why the june beta I feel is pipe dream unless they going to beta it with all the Korean in it still.

you do get bunch of freebies as well as 3 month patron status as well as 13k in credit cash for the store.

spronk

FPS noob
Thinking about pulling the trigger on Alpha (more money than common sense I guess) and wanted to know if anyone has any idea about how fast the Korean devs are putting out new content / patches & how big / small are planned updates?
The korean developer, XL games, laid off a chunk of the korean dev team last fall. The game has been out for a while now in Korea (a bit under 2 years) and the last patch, "1.0", seemed to take the game backwards according to some players - you can google around ArcheAge 1.0 patch to see what issues people have, but I think its been said a bunch of times that a lot of the 1.0 changes may/will not make it into the NA/EU Trion published game since it sort of made the game more casual and less sandbox-y/PVP.

The bigger problem is that XL games is hard at work on Civilization Online, which should start beta testing this summer. Its been their main focus for the past 2 years after ArcheAge flopped in Korea, and will be an Asia-only game (for now). TERA suffered a similar problem, the game wasn't a big success in Korea so the korean dev team really slowed down on new features and patches after a while, which screwed the other regions.

That said the game does have now 2+ years of content behind it, so I'm sure it'll be a great launch and really fun for a long time, especially given its sandbox nature. Everyone who played the f2p Russian version liked it.

Barab

Silver Knight of the Realm
f me, i was in a hurry this morning before leaving the house...I downloaded rift by mistake heh

Anomander Rake

Golden Knight of the Realm
f me, i was in a hurry this morning before leaving the house...I downloaded rift by mistake heh
Oh shit that sucks! In as a healer bard that dabbles in the occult. Love strumming my banjo to make my mount go faster
biggrin.png
Having a great time so far, more fun in 15 minutes than in the 8 hours I put into TESO.