Archeage

Raes

Vyemm Raider
I love the people who bitch in /trial about how what they do is part of the game and 'fuck all carebears' and then whine incessantly if they get a sentence over 15 mins
ROFL. So, in their mind, the trial/jail systemisn'tpart of the game? Or is it just not "fair"? So, who's the carebear??

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Well may have been abit of an impulse purchase but oh well. I hate to jump to conclusions but I don't think its probaly going to be structured at the end for what I am interested in and I am not going to waste free time on something that only serves to scratch half an itch. If anyone wants a alpha account for 75 bucks that has a level 15 with 150+ cotton and variety of things let me know!

Is there a recently released or upcoming game that has actual structured pvp in it? Its odd I have been such a hardcore raider my whole career but I find myself really missing my TOR pvp experience or what it could have been minus the gay space wars and poorly supported pvp platform. I tried MOBA games (DOTA2 briefly and LOL abit more) and I fucking hate the click to move shit. I'm a solid pvp'r but sorry I was a college football player not a fucking 120 lb korean that can click a mouse 325 times a second not to mention the unresponsiveness of it is just horrible. Outside of the movement stuff I loved the idea of LOL but can't get over that.

Got into DoC and trying HEX but still miss more action focused decisions....RIFT I think they had moved to rank pvp setup abit but I hated pvp from day one in that game and it hasn't changed. I won't touch WOW again in my life so that is out....and I rather not go to a 10 year old game+ that may get shut down by the time I master its nuiances. FFXIV pvp was horrid especially with the 2.5 gcd. Any other option on the table? Any MOBA'esk game with normal character movement or MMO that i haven't paid attention to? Or still back to being fucked. Or better yet my knee could heal up so I could play bball every night and i'll chuck this god forsaken box in the garbage (only to rebuild one in 6 months because i'm an addict at heart sad face)
Go download SMITE. It's free.

Vitality

HUSTLE
It's hilarious how levels don't seem to matter all that much until people get gear.

Was questing as a level 42, a level 50 "Arena Master" jumped me while I was kitting 4 crabs. He became part of the kite and just died with the crabs. Thanks for the 100 honor points and helping me complete my quest shitlord.
I have issues with hit chance against characters that are over 3 levels higher than me, in duels atleast.

Yeah I'm not 50 yet, fucking mushroom/cow farm takes up half my playtime these days.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
I remember when shadowbane was coming out, they had this marketing slogan along the lines of "I dont play mmos to bake bread, I play mmos to CRUSH!". That was them calling UO a pussy game, fucking UO. I thought at the time, "Hell yeah, shits going to just keep getting more and more badass."

Now people are literally frolicking through berry fields and making peach cobbler in anime gingerbread houses and shit.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I remember when shadowbane was coming out, they had this marketing slogan along the lines of "I dont play mmos to bake bread, I play mmos to CRUSH!". That was them calling UO a pussy game, fucking UO. I thought at the time, "Hell yeah, shits going to just keep getting more and more badass."

Now people are literally frolicking through berry fields and making peach cobbler in anime gingerbread houses and shit.
Ironically I spent 80% of my time farming elves to build our city. My hope is that there's enough exp and loot from other players I can spend almost all my time post 30 PVPing in AA.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Ironically I spent 80% of my time farming elves to build our city. My hope is that there's enough exp and loot from other players I can spend almost all my time post 30 PVPing in AA.
Camp the banana newb quest trade route, free gilda stars for house/crafting station blueprints. Get about 1 star per pack you gank off a red nerd, takes about 5-15 stars to get anything worth while.

Trade packs are the only real resource you can get from players at the moment other than honor points (which are primarily used for pvp titles and gear)

Most of the noobs accept their dirty fate when they row into the port on the last stage of the large farm trade quest.

Also said blueprints for houses/crafting stations are sellable on the AH - so this can net a decent amount of gold later on. Ganking the banana route is about 1-1.5g per pack. So it's a toss-up. 15 packs for guaranteed 15gold? or 15 packs for House schematic that could sell for more than 15g on the AH?

Also camping well known higher tier material trade ports proves to nearly triple the above proft listing, it's more risky as you run the risk of fighting friendlies for underwater tradepacks that drop off your kill. But the risk is well worth the reward.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Camp banana newbs for stars for crafting blueprints?

Fuck that, you're going to have to rephrase it to be more like, "Smash PKs and steal gold from their towers".

Vitality

HUSTLE
Camp banana newbs for stars for crafting blueprints?

Fuck that, you're going to have to rephrase it to be more like, "Smash PKs and steal gold from their towers".
Idk, I haven't seen much value in "Smashing PK's and fking up their towers." I can't really comment on the value of pillaging buildings in the northern island yet. Maybe someone else here can chime in. Pyksel/Menion/Kedwyn seem like a good starting point if they've got anything to add.

So far, as far as time spent goes: Killing enemy faction players on their way to turn in banana/narcicus packs has been the best gold or gilda/hr while PVPing.

Setting up a blockade on the trade port required for the enemy faction to turn in for their large farm could prove troublesome for the enemies come launch and very rewarding for the guild that manages to reap the rewards for this tactic. Potentially getting everyone house plans day 1.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
At the beginning until maybe level 10-15 depending on how you select your initial skills,myes you'll be using the basic attack a lot. After that it's not too bad in my opinion, and it gets better of course at higher level.

But yeah you'll be using the basic attack a lot, at least you can hold down the key and it will auto fire.
smile.png

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I'm checking some builds onArcheAge Build Guides :: ArcheAge Builder by Arche-Base, what's up with cooldowns ? A lot of them are in the 20-60s bracket. Is this another MMO where you spam autoattacks waiting for your next cooldown-based skill to become available ? It's a newb question I haven't played the game yet and it's likely I'm making assumptions out of nothing anyway.
There are a few classes that have a "spammer" ability: Shadow, Occult, Combat etc. You can hold down the hotkey and you will attack as long as you have mana. Or you can sit there and autoattack (I don't think I ever really autoattack). Some classes will have short cooldown spells like Songcraft (Chord) others will have 10-20 second cooldown abilities that you can chain together.

Essentially, you don't sit around waiting for cooldowns. By level 15 or so you should have one or two bread and butter combos that you use every time and it's pretty satisfying to pull off. It's kind of like the same feeling as a fighter game.