Archeage

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
Speaking of the sailing part...it's fucking ridiculous. Got my harpoon clipper built and literally you sail just into the open waters and it's swarming with people trying to kill you. We ended up accidentally sailing into some seabugs and got raped, and then a galleon and clipper came by and destroyed my ship.

That was about 10 hours ago, and my ship is still un-summonable. What the fuck do I do to summon it again?

And also, how in the hell is that traderun possible when the entire server is waiting to gank you?
I assume you're talking about the large farm, you just got to get into a radius to complete it, handing it in for the turn in is another thing.

also stealth + underwater breathing pots + fins help if you're stubborn and want to hand it in, or want to actually complete the run.

And I don't see how F2p can even survive in this game, maybe before 1.2 farming mobs and shit was viable for a profit but now, you need a farm when they speak about location brahma, they are talking about near vendors / near specialty work benches / near water for easy merch ship loading, climate etc, No you don't have any room for anything after you place down your house assuming its a 16x16, if you get a thatched farmhouse, that has the space of a large farm around it available for farming, I assume this will be everyones goal for a house, I know im not bothering with any of the others.

Cybsled

Eh, that's not true. If you make the base house (16x16), there actually is a narrow strip of land around the house that is wide enough to plant trees and crops. In practice, it's actually more farming space than the 8x8 farm you get 1st (if your goal is trees especially, those are hard to fit on the 8x8 in any decent amount and still have room for other stuff).

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
Eh, that's not true. If you make the base house (16x16), there actually is a narrow strip of land around the house that is wide enough to plant trees and crops. In practice, it's actually more farming space than the 8x8 farm you get 1st (if your goal is trees especially, those are hard to fit on the 8x8 in any decent amount and still have room for other stuff).
oh never bothered with it, I realized I couldent fit shit on it and tore it down, good to know.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Looks like Fat Young David Bowie. I like it.

Two things you need to know about this game:

1. If you are going to play, you better have a nice guild. That solo or three-man shit with your part-time buddies will get you penitenturized. Expect zerg armadas to be regularly feasting on...

2. ...F2Pers. youbetterhave a sub. You are not only weaker as a F2P player overall, but you're barred from any real earning potential unless you're in the game 24/7. Those farms they were talking about on the previous page? That's what you get; put your stuff down in common areas and you're still limited to what you can grow or how much. It might not even be worth the time/effort to try and maintain something like that as a F2P I don't think.

Basically, getting jacked in this game is going to happen to most people at some point, even the best players. The problem is if you don't sub and join up with some heavy-hitting dudes, you're going to be really hurting unless you just want to stay around the safe areas (and what fun is that?). But that's the draw of the game for a lot of people anyways... to gank or be ganked.

The open seas in this game are Cyrodiil, The Abyss, Ilum, and EvE all rolled into one.
Yeah, I already figured that F2P would suck. Bought the silver pack before this weekend.

I was going to put off applying to PRX until the next beta, but seeing how things are with PVP now, I'm thinking I may as well just take the plunge. How's the PRX presence on Naima? Or are they all hanging in alpha?

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Yeah, I already figured that F2P would suck. Bought the silver pack before this weekend.

I was going to put off applying to PRX until the next beta, but seeing how things are with PVP now, I'm thinking I may as well just take the plunge. How's the PRX presence on Naima? Or are they all hanging in alpha?
At this point most of us are waiting until release gets closer. There are people on and such every night but nothing formal or rigid. Just people checking stuff out and getting ready for release.

You're better off doing it earlier than later if you want to join because once release comes your app might sit for a bit before people get to it.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
gWCpvoC.jpg

Hpy3Ehn.jpg

ReC6BTD.jpg

Innocent with 20 counts of uprooting, best plea ever.

Sumi_sl

shitlord
Hah- I haven't seen too many innocent verdicts on Ollo. I am starting to think that a character that didn't focus on farming or housing would be free to do a lot more exploration. I've burned through so many labor points just gathering materials it is a bit tiring. It makes sense that people are stealing.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hah- I haven't seen too many innocent verdicts on Ollo. I am starting to think that a character that didn't focus on farming or housing would be free to do a lot more exploration. I've burned through so many labor points just gathering materials it is a bit tiring. It makes sense that people are stealing.
You use the same labor stealing :p Mainly steal out of only being able to plant so much, so why not expand the incoming materials via someone else's money. Why I will have a alt just to steal things I come across and don't want the pts on my main.

Sumi_sl

shitlord
You use the same labor stealing :p Mainly steal out of only being able to plant so much, so why not expand the incoming materials via someone else's money. Why I will have a alt just to steal things I come across and don't want the pts on my main.
Ah true! After watching a couple videos of some folks stealing a fully loaded trade ship I'm now exploring classes suited to piracy. Heck they have their own faction- seems like it could be fun!

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
i was in alpha from pretty early on and i dont think they did. I stopped playing around a month and a half ago, so maybe since then?

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm 33 after just 3 days. That's after rerolling during beta 1, where I got to about 20. I'd imagine you could be 50 during the headstart with a little poopsocking. Especially if you find a family to poopsock with.

Cybsled

Ah true! After watching a couple videos of some folks stealing a fully loaded trade ship I'm now exploring classes suited to piracy. Heck they have their own faction- seems like it could be fun!
For ship combat, ranged-type DPS is the way to go. You can still attack people under the water if they try to bail ship.

Saban_sl

shitlord
i was in alpha from pretty early on and i dont think they did. I stopped playing around a month and a half ago, so maybe since then?
Well i was having issues with my account password being changed and finally reinstalled the alpha. Found my original character who i dont think i got past level 10 is now level 50, and apparently geared.

Looks like someone added security questions to my acccount as well, i'm surprised no authenticator though.

Opimo_sl

shitlord
I'm 33 after just 3 days. That's after rerolling during beta 1, where I got to about 20. I'd imagine you could be 50 during the headstart with a little poopsocking. Especially if you find a family to poopsock with.
Getting to 50 doesn't take long. Getting your classes to 50 after you run out of quests does.

Vilmz_sl

shitlord
Well i was having issues with my account password being changed and finally reinstalled the alpha. Found my original character who i dont think i got past level 10 is now level 50, and apparently geared.

Looks like someone added security questions to my acccount as well, i'm surprised no authenticator though.
My account got hacked about a month or so ago. There was a password change and a complete account ban soon after, overnight while I was asleep. They were very quick to respond but it took a couple of weeks for them to restore my character. Left a really bad taste in my mouth and I haven't bothered to log in since. I have a couple of days off so I might try and login to see where things are.

Sunspots_sl

shitlord
Meh, I dunno. Seems like this game is awesome and yet all anyone ever talks about is growing fucking potatoes and stealing saplings. I feel like the quest line isn't even showing me this stuff either, like im on some treadmill doing the stuff that no one else is interested in. Is the game just farming and stealing farm goods, or is there a game in here too?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Sounds like this game is custom made for PRX. Large guilds with good leadership have an automatic advantage but this allows the advantages to extend beyond a small instance or blocked off area of the map
Pretty much, yeah, we've got high hopes. I'm mostly concerned about whether there's enough incentive to PKK.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
After seeing my clipper get owned by a two ship crew, I can't wait to roll with a fucking armada. Really excited for the PVP aspects of this one. I'm also enjoying the farming shit way more than I probably should. It reminds me a bit of the EQ tunnels, but you're playing a long game of what I can grow/steal that'll sell well.

Building stuff on a single persistent server is also a welcome change from instanced everything. Like for instance I somehow got an awesome spot for my first farm. No clue how I did (I assume someone lapsed as soon as the servers came up).