Archeage

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Because a lot of these changes were recent, for one. When I started playing Alpha in mid-June, we didn't know that all accounts (Patron and Free) would start with only 2 character slots. And bag/bank slots were purchased with gold, not cash shop expansion tickets. Just to give a few examples.

As for that thread, it's not entirely accurate. Simply because all that shit from the cash shop he's talking about is tradeable, so can be put on the AH. Also, weapon regrade scrolls are an in game item. You don't need regrade charms at all, they just increase your chance of success, so they'll save you a few gold.

Gear is important in this game, and yeah, spending a few extra bucks will give you a slight edge early on, but it won't let you keep that edge. And the best gear in the game don't mean shit if you ain't got the skill to match.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Because a lot of these changes were recent, for one. When I started playing Alpha in mid-June, we didn't know what all accounts (Patron and Free) would start with only 2 character slots. And bag/bank slots were purchased with gold, not cash shop expansion tickets. Just to give a few examples.

As for that thread, it's not entirely accurate. Simply because all that shit from the cash shop he's talking about is tradeable, so can be put on the AH. Also, weapon regrade scrolls are an in game item. You don't need regrade charms at all, they just increase your chance of success, so they'll save you a few gold.

Gear is important in this game, and yeah, spending a few extra bucks will give you a slight edge early on, but it won't let you keep that edge. And the best gear in the game don't mean shit if you ain't got the skill to match.
Yeah I figured that thread wasn't accurate some extents.
I've only got knowledge from Alpha - bag/bank slots being purchased with cash shop expansion tickets is a new one to me, and so is the 2 character slots for Patron and Free characters. Same with the archeum from bags. Can see where that'd piss a majority of the players off, especially after promising no tricks or traps, then doing them anyways at the last minute.

The gear thing doesn't seem as bad now that I know can trade the cash shop items. As long as you can earn it from some whale that spent the items, well, that's not too bad then. More power to those who don't want to play the market and take the easy way out.

khalid

Unelected Mod
Don't know who to believe on this pay-to-win stuff, but this video seems to indicate it is a pretty big deal. Sorry if it has already been linked.

Managed to log back in by adding in exceptions in MSE and Windows Firewall. Never had to do that for an mmo before, not even any of the asian mmos this board has convinced me to play over the years. Made it to level 10, started as rogue, picked up buff class and fighter. Seemed like a good combo. Fighter had dash ---> knockdown and rogue had knockdown + extra dps to downed enemies. Buffs were buffs. I'm willing to give it another shot at release.

So PRX is rolling east faction, which are the furries and asians right?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Managed to log back in by adding in exceptions in MSE and Windows Firewall. Never had to do that for an mmo before, not even any of the asian mmos this board has convinced me to play over the years. Made it to level 10, started as rogue, picked up buff class and fighter. Seemed like a good combo. Fighter had dash ---> knockdown and rogue had knockdown + extra dps to downed enemies. Buffs were buffs. I'm willing to give it another shot at release.

So PRX is rolling east faction, which are the furries and asians right?
Yep! East is generally the superior faction and one that our allies have chosen. It's also what we feel more comfortable with and the racials are best for Firran (reduced fall damage).

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
I thought this was a pretty decent look into the game (yes, it's a youtube guy, sorry):

An ArcheAge Overview - YouTube

Goes over some basics, shows some combat, shows some farmville, shows some of the contentious decisions (cash shop for labor). He didn't get into the PVP itself (because he's not max level in the beta), other than talking about it being a huge part of the game and describing how you become a pirate.
Can't stand that guy at all.

Caliane

Yep! East is generally the superior faction and one that our allies have chosen. It's also what we feel more comfortable with and the racials are best for Firran (reduced fall damage).
I can't remember. was Tuco a furry in GW2 and TESO?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I was a gnome in GW2, and high elf in ESO. I generally could give two shits what race I am visually, I just pick the superior race for what I'm trying to do.

Don't know who to believe on this pay-to-win stuff, but this video seems to indicate it is a pretty big deal. Sorry if it has already been linked.
Still on the fence about trying this, and this vid isnt helping, any counterpoints to what hes saying or thats basically where things stand at the moment?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
You mean Asura in GW2? or Gnome in WoW?
Couldn't remember the name, thanks. Yeah I meant Asura. I really liked that race and character. I picked it because I was a glass cannon in GW2 and it was the smallest character. I really miss the elementalist, for large scale world PvP it was one of the most fun classes in MMO history. I could zip around super fast with dagger, then switch to staff and clear walls. This was especially true when I hit the level cap in a few days and got geared out in a few more and tore all the underleveled folks apart for the next couple weeks.

Stave

Potato del Grande
Ugh, can only choose furries or asians? I can't bring myself to do it. So can I come over and play with eastern people if I play a human?

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
So, after playing a few hours and getting to 15...this game feels like it sucks a fat dick.
I don't expect anyone to read the entire thread, but unfortunately the game pretty muchdoessuch a fat dick...especially if you're playing as F2P.

Post level 30 the game really shines though. It's really a shame that you have to slog through the terrible questing and leveling system to get there.

I got my boat built with two friends at around level 25, and I was sold from that point on.

Cybsled

How much labor would a patron player who isn't really focused on getting max anything asap go through in a day? How about if I only focus on one thing per day? How long would I be able to farm mats? Craft? Level?
Depends on what you do. Different things have different labor costs. An iron node will cost 10 labor, a fortuna vein will cost 20 I believe, etc.

At the start you will be fairly starved if you hardcore gather/craft.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Couldn't remember the name, thanks. Yeah I meant Asura. I really liked that race and character. I picked it because I was a glass cannon in GW2 and it was the smallest character. I really miss the elementalist, for large scale world PvP it was one of the most fun classes in MMO history. I could zip around super fast with dagger, then switch to staff and clear walls. This was especially true when I hit the level cap in a few days and got geared out in a few more and tore all the underleveled folks apart for the next couple weeks.
Oh I understand I ran Asura necro with Staff and Scepter/dagger for WvW loved all the conditions/buffs I could deal out

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Ugh, can only choose furries or asians? I can't bring myself to do it. So can I come over and play with eastern people if I play a human?
I thought the same thing when I found out we were mostly on the East side. But luckily the male cat looks nice and ugly like I prefer.
400px-ArcheAgeFirran.jpg

But the female cat? Words can't describe how creepy they look to me.
maxresdefault.jpg

Cybsled

If you do go female cat race, the premade in the bottom middle is the most human looking. You can also scale the ears down so they aren't as big.