Archeage

Im gonna give this a shot because theres nothing else i want to play right now, if i find i really dont like it well no money lost. Downloading client now. So open beta is till friday, then thats the headstart correct? Ill be makin an app to PRX before wednesday.

Harkon

Vyemm Raider
Yeah, I guess I'm gonna join PRX. Probably the most sane guild to join if I am going to join with a larger guild.

Won't be joining on this name though i'll probably mention to officers who I am.

Whole site/guild looks pretty well done, obvious choice. That, and I'm not interested in being some livestreamer's mule (cough OT).

I've weighed the benefits and downsides to this cash shop fiasco and I figure it's probably not going to matter much at all if you have a guild working together to a common goal - or simply just play the game instead of worrying about how 1-2 whales that will get owned instantly by numbers affect me.
Pretty much the reason I applied, it's definitely a game best played when working with others to a common goal.

You won't be accomplishing much solo or even in a small guild, not in any reasonable length of time anyways. Also like you mentioned, enemy whales should be dealt with alot easier when working with reliable PvPers.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Im gonna give this a shot because theres nothing else i want to play right now, if i find i really dont like it well no money lost. Downloading client now. So open beta is till friday, then thats the headstart correct? Ill be makin an app to PRX before wednesday.
Open beta ended this morning.

Head start (for founders) is Friday. Release next Tuesday.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Welcome to PRX.

For anyone wanting to give this game a shot, we're closing up recruitment Wednesday so get in now!

I bought the cheapest pack and went ahead and apped to PRX. If I get in I'll make a goddamn furry I guess. That reduced fall damage.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I wish I had bought the gold pack. That glider is sex. I'll end up blowing almost all my silver pack credits (2250 out of 3000) on a regular cash shop glider.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
wtf I have to do this your site is telling me to download shit...
What are you talking about? I figured you'd be all over this shit Harfle.
1395727960_v7uGUiK.jpg

Does the PRX forum has some kind of hidden game forums with guides for Archeage?

If yes would love to start reading those asap, im not sure if my account on PRX is fully "upgraded" and im missing some forum sections.

Im wondering if were gonna be doing some strats that need alot of this or that build, sort of like you would do a full group of archers in shadowbane. Im inclined to go range on instinct cuz it seems like something good if we gonna be boating around alot, just have no clue still what kind of char im going to do lol. Maybe some good melee builds and you guys are lacking in that department, probably have a good solid pop to start with though.

Its gonna be a long week, wasnt planning on playing but im sure its gonna fun for at least a while and now that i know ill be playing im eager to start hehe

Cybsled

I believe magic ranged currently beats out archery for damage, at least that is what I recall.

Bruman

Golden Squire
Does the PRX forum has some kind of hidden game forums with guides for Archeage?

If yes would love to start reading those asap, im not sure if my account on PRX is fully "upgraded" and im missing some forum sections.

Im wondering if were gonna be doing some strats that need alot of this or that build, sort of like you would do a full group of archers in shadowbane. Im inclined to go range on instinct cuz it seems like something good if we gonna be boating around alot, just have no clue still what kind of char im going to do lol. Maybe some good melee builds and you guys are lacking in that department, probably have a good solid pop to start with though.

Its gonna be a long week, wasnt planning on playing but im sure its gonna fun for at least a while and now that i know ill be playing im eager to start hehe
Once your app gets approved (took mine all of like an hour or something), you should be able to see the ArcheAge subforum. I browsed through the threads, and there's a sticky thread that links to a google doc with a lot of information about the basics and some "go do this shit first" stuff that helps.

wtf I have to do this your site is telling me to download shit...
Uh, are you on the right site?

Thanks!

So now to hunt for a webpage that breaks down the game a bit for me, will make me pick up a rough build route before i go, any suggestions?
See above about the guide on PRX
smile.png
. It didn't have any build suggestions though. I'd appreciate that as well. (Edit: Found a thread started by Tuco on the PRX forum, that should help some!)

Also, I see things about getting gilda stars quickly, and it seems like there's a set / series of quests to get them fastest. Is that obvious what to do once you're in game, or is there a link laying that out?

Cybsled

The Gilda quests (storyline) are marked by green diamonds on your map when you have the quest and are started by the green ! NPCs typically. Yellow ! are just standard quests, but some of them yield equipment upgrades early on, so it is worth checking some of them out even if you like to skip quests.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
re: builds, there's a TON of great builds out there and the recommendation I always give people is don't worry about what anyone else is doing, play what will keep you logged in and having fun. Also you can switch builds quickly (though it can take some time to level new builds) so you aren't locked into one build. I could easily see these classes being nerfed in the future and we'll all have to relevel one or two trees
wink.png

Generally from what I've seen though the top classes are:

Single target DPS: Daggerspell:[GUIDE] ?~. Daggerspell ?~. GOD MODE ?~. 1v3/PvP/PvE ?~. - Arche-Base
AE DPS: Reaper
Healer: Templar
Tank: Blighter
PVE Farming: Reaper

Melee in this game have a rough time because so much of the PvP happens on ships and they have to deal with a lot of LOS and maneuverability issues. Archers are generally outclassed by casters, though this could change in the future.

I'm playing reaper because these games usually end up being huge AE fights.

Re: Spec groups ex archers in shadowbane, we'll likely run spec groups but I'm not sure what they'll be composed of. There's some groupings in KR and alpha that were really powerful in sieges.

Bruman

Golden Squire
It seems like a lot of the fun will be rushing your balls off with PRX. Is the cheapest way to get to play on Friday the $50 pack? No other secrets that I don't know of?