Archeage

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
Don't try to build some edgy myth there, Firrans are furries plain and simple, if you're rolling a Firran you're no better than those people going at DragonCons yiffing everywhere, drinking milk and licking their costume cardboard paws. In Archeage you'll be frowned upon at best, and you'll get a lot of people mocking you or spamming "meow ! meow ! meow ? meow meow !!" in chat whenever they see you using your sprint and running like a fucking stray cat. If your soul has still some good in it, after rolling a Furry you will also never get comfortable playing your character, its animations will make you think all the time about the basketball scene in Catwoman movie and the tail and whiskers will be your daily remember you're basically playing Naruto.
wut?

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I really tried to like this game, friend gave me his second account because he isn't going to try and box out the gate but it just felt like free2play Korean MMO #783. I see the appeal but the starting area+quest chains and a thousand people competing for spawns is Aion all over again.

First major MMO release I am going to skip since I started playing them, this one is going on the calendar. Time to turn my eye toward Black Desert I guess.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I really tried to like this game, friend gave me his second account because he isn't going to try and box out the gate but it just felt like free2play Korean MMO #783. I see the appeal but the starting area+quest chains and a thousand people competing for spawns is Aion all over again.

First major MMO release I am going to skip since I started playing them, this one is going on the calendar. Time to turn my eye toward Black Desert I guess.
Get in a guild or play with friends if you can, Archeage is the kind of MMO which plays best with people. If you're solo leveling you're gonna get bored fast, especially when you hit PvP zones.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Don't care enough about the live feed, but Scrapes answered some questions prior to it.

The notable one for me is labor potions:

We tested different cooldowns and prices for the labor potions and the results were conclusive: we're talking with XLGAMES to return them to their original rates.
Unfortunately, his response to archeum was...not actually answering a fucking thing.

The Archeum Supply Crate was never intended to be a "fix" for archeum scarity: it was to be paired with a boost to the drop rates of all three archeum types. Here's my post from last week on this topic. The long and short is that XLGAMES wanted to see more data from Open Beta on the drop and usage rates of Moonlight Archeum and Starlight Archeum before adjusting them. Since ArcheAge is an economy-centric game, it's understandable that the developers are taking a conservative approach to making changes as the wrong adjustment could have a lasting negative impact on the game's economy.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Wow, never heard of that before in any MMO.

Patron status starts the second you log on. So 4 day head start counts against your time. What in the actual fuck?

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Here's an idea: Why don't they get rid of needing dust for the low level crafts? It's pretty fucking dumb (and common in most Asian MMOs) to have level appropriate gear that isn't really feasible to craft at the level you can use it. Then on the sale side, you really can't sell it to legit low levels due to the high cost of dust, so your target market is alts of high level characters with money. TERA finally fixed that stupid shit in North America after a # of months, but it was after I stopped playing.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It seem they have more power to cash shop than ingame tweaks. About Archeum droprates, it's obvious they (Trion) are doing a bad CM job because anyone playing a lvl1 to 20 character would figure Archeum droprates is a problem. It's a legitimate concern and it's not like you have to run weeks of data feedback to wonder what the hell is going on. Their whole "XL Games want more feedback" is bullshit since you only have to check CM forums to see how stupid it is right now. There are some nice feedback posts / vids out there, showing how Archeum droprates is a problem.

On another note I see their Labor Pot reverse as a good thing, they somewhat heard how dumb that change was and they're acting upon it. What I'm concerned is, it looks like they're not playing the gaming they're publishing. They gate feedback into tiers, EU/NA tier / CM tier / Management tier / XL Games tier. It's bothering when you think any MMO release sometimes requires proactivity, rather than Ivory Tower Community Managers spinning community feedback.

Opimo_sl

shitlord
Here's an idea: Why don't they get rid of needing dust for the low level crafts? It's pretty fucking dumb (and common in most Asian MMOs) to have level appropriate gear that isn't really feasible to craft at the level you can use it. Then on the sale side, you really can't sell it to legit low levels due to the high cost of dust, so your target market is alts of high level characters with money. TERA finally fixed that stupid shit in North America after a # of months, but it was after I stopped playing.
The market for low level crafted gear exists, because if the crafter gets a bad roll on a level 24 item, he can either vendor it, shard it or sell it on the AH. Also there's a huge difference in the quality of crafted gear vs quests / drops until level 50. Due to how the crafting system works, crafters have to make low level gear because they are required components of the high level gear.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
They're also lying. The cash shop is something they control entirely. Not only that, but the 4 hour and 12 hour labor potions have different item ID's. So they didn't have to go to XL Games at all. But yet, they claimed they are/did.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Wow, never heard of that before in any MMO.

Patron status starts the second you log on. So 4 day head start counts against your time. What in the actual fuck?
What's even better is just a few weeks ago during a livestream they specifically stated that our 90 days wouldn't start counting down until after headstart. No surprise though, they also stated back in march on the forums that labor regen would be the same online/offline. They lie a lot.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
The market for low level crafted gear exists, because if the crafter gets a bad roll on a level 24 item, he can either vendor it, shard it or sell it on the AH. Also there's a huge difference in the quality of crafted gear vs quests / drops until level 50. Due to how the crafting system works, crafters have to make low level gear because they are required components of the high level gear.
Edit: Misunderstood what you meant, since no one is going to vendor or shard crafted gear. And yeah, there is a market, even green crafted weapons are way better than quest weapons. Not with armor though, you don't use it long enough to bother.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Livestream recap found on Reddit :

- Open beta was awesome, couple of records were set. Most number of downloads & highest number of signups in all of the beta weekends.

- Eliminating all meetings on Friday so they can actually play the game themselves.

- Glass Phoenix glider is pretty.

- Servers have been improved. During beginning of open beta, they noticed servers were stressing and they had XLGames members IN the office to help out and make changes to significantly reduce the lag.

- 50% improvement on performance.

- Lots of the stuff they're going to answer, Scapes has answered on the forums with the above link.

- Marketplace changes; Test with the labor pots was very useful.

- Trying to change it back to old version of labor pot. 12 hour cooldown, 300 credit.

- All the constructive feedback is greatly appreciated, Scapes is very happy that everything was laid out, super helpful.

- They don't want to buy best-in-slot items in the store, that's the reason costume stats were removed.

- Costumes are just for fun.

- OBT Build is basically our launch build, talking with XLGames to tweak some stuff.

- Core of the build is ready for launch.

- Costume helmets are APART of the costume so you can't remove it, it's just one item(the whole costume) so you can't hide it, sorry.

- Archeum scarcity; thanks for the feedback and for all the people who recorded and opened a TON of bags to ACTUALLY help them.

- Number on database doesn't always match what you see in game.

- With your data and their data they are talking with XL on "what makes sense."

- XLGames staff has been in the office for a while and keeping late hours to help out.

- All archeum was adjusted (moonlight, etc) but it wasn't adjusted AS MUCH as sunlight. But all were adjusted.

- Archeum crates weren't supposed to be just for archeum. It's meant for a bonus added onto their main reason for opening the crates.

- Editing the Archeum Crates tooltip to be more accurate.

- They are spawning a ton of coin purses and testing themselves for rates.

- XLGames in KR and in their office are pretty active so they might be getting a different build for launch. They'll let us know when they know.

- Mounts; "power creep" "stat creep", the only mounts worth obtaining is the best one.

- In-game achievement for honor point mount.

- They just want you to pick whatever mount you want for LOOKS and ABILITIES, not because you're forced to for speed.

- Feedback will be taken from headstart, they are still looking to balance mounts.

- Cows and Donkeys will still be slow.

- Firecait is going to try to get Carrot Dash, there goes her paycheck.

- These changes make it easier to put Pegasus and other mounts on the store since everything is normalized.

- Wiping everything and getting everything ready to go again waiting for launch.

- Making sure everyone gets their patron/founders pack items, etc.

- They're testing each INDIVIDUAL servers getting it ready for Friday.

- OBT Servers are the headstart servers.

- They don't plan on specifically adding servers AFTER headstart. If they DO, it'll be because the game was so good that they needed more servers for traffic reasons.

- Don't need to redownload everything, just a patch.

- 0 Labor points start (who asked this? That was obvious.)

- Europe vs NA; timing will be coming up together. Other then that, different times. Patches, restarts, Auroria, all will be on a good time for their respective country.

- Fishing boats was unintentionally removed, trying to get it back for headstart.

- Healer quest rewards! XL hasn't dealt with this since they started at 1.0 and they've requested it, but they don't know when it'll be ready. Won't be ready for launch, but they're sure they'll get it fixed.

- Founders pack on steam, still working on integration, buy the founders packs on their website.

- Founders packs will be removed at launch & replaced with STARTER packs.

- Character slots will be available for headstart, 1000 credits per slot.

- You'll start off with 2 characters and you get have 6 for your account, 4 max per server.

- Slots are PER REGION. 6 Slots for NA, 6 Slots for Eu.

- Labor pool is split by region as well. Labor and loyalty are different on Eu and NA.

- Auction house; 3 servers per auction house on NA, 2 on Eu. Going to talk about it on the forums.

- Launch build is available now. (I only see beta, not sure, don't blame me.)

- Patron pricing is identical for RIFT. Go look at RIFT.

- Free to play players can buy the auction house cash shop item to fully use the auction house @ launch.

- Someone asked what APEX is, it's basically an item you can buy from their website with MONEY, can't be bought with credits, and sell it to someone. When activated the user who used it gets credits. Can use it for anything, patron, AH Item, etc.

- 10$ for APEX.

- 2 APEX will be needed for the 30 day pass of patron.

- Same CHESTS will be used from the loyalty store and the Archeum founders pack.

- Two APEX will get you Patron and extra credits to spend as you please.

- They have a meeting with XL. Main topics are labor potion and increasing drop rate for Archeum.

- When they have details, they'll share them.

- Botting and spamming. Chat filters have been improving a lot, you can finally say ING words, woo.

- Their own engineers, GM Smackdown makes his own algorithms to detect bots.

- GM Smackdown hates bots, Tease him by telling him there's a bot around you.

- After reported a lot gets put on a list and they get checked by humans and banned if need be. Innocents will be let go.

- Patron will start counting down WHEN YOU LOGIN. Launch, Headstart, whenever you login.

- Hotbar topic; one of four that they've communicated to XL.

- Borderless/Inverted Mouse/Skill queue are the other three topics.

- Skill queue is a WHOLE new system, takes time.

- Those aren't the ONLY topics they've brought up, just the highest priority.

- Bi-weekly restarts on the servers to keep the servers healthy and make sure no lag is going to happen.

- Can be reduced or increase the rate of restarts based on how the servers are going.

- Healers healing their jerk friends in non-pvp zones against enemy faction and can't get attacked is noted and given to XL.

- Reporting bots gets you labor if it's a bot.

- Report abuse through Live chat or their support site, not in game.

- If you're a patron and can't live chat, let them know!

- Expansion pack schedule; let's launch the game first.

- 1.7 is rapidly approaching.

- No limits on housing, you need to just be able to pay it.

- Character deletion scales; 1-10 is 10 minutes. 10-30 is 24 hours, they can't remember higher then that.

- Founders packs perks and who they'll go to. First 6 characters for most of them, certain items like the Chests will only be your first character.

- Scapes stinks, you don't want his shirt.

- Hasla tier 1 limit. Tier 2 and 3 were supposed to be catch up weapons on KR. They're not needed now.

Source

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Thanks bond, nothing shocking to me at all or stands out.

Not a lot of people will like the reason they gave for the mount change, but figured that was why.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
From what I read, they backed hard on Labor Pots, which to me is both "we've heard the outcry and we're sending a message to the community". On the other hand, when it comes to client tweaks, they seem to hang hard on XL Games balls. Which seems weird since XL Games already has data regarding KR / RU releases and you don't need to be a genius to figure NA/EU Archeum droprates are absurd compared to KR / RU ones. To me it feels like at some point Trion CM team didn't do their job (play your game, etc) regarding Archeum droprates since it takes like 3h gameplay on NA / EU client to figure it's a mess.

Nevertheless, if you read between the lines and go past the spindoctored stuff, they heard main concerns and are working on it. Of course it's promises, but it's better than some MMO releases where CM were all like "we love feedback and it's great but we have opinions about the game it's gonna be like we told you, mongrels !" Haha I'm sounding like a Trion shill, right ? Yeah well, maybe I have too much faith in them, and maybe their PR damage control kinda worked. But I'm happy with Labor Pots change. I'd be of course more happy if they were more engaging regarding Archem droprates, but right now they are as P2W as doing a 2014 Gold Rush in California. It's merely a clutch, not like you can buy instant OP gear on the fly. I agree it's a shame we're on a "better than nothing" direction, but right now, the game, in my opinion, is in a good shape to get us at least a solid 30-60 days fun. Which is, nowadays, kind of a perfomance, MMO wise.

Bruman

Golden Squire
Bought a sweet account from Zx88. See you guys Friday
smile.png

an accordion_sl

shitlord
I'm really worried about the archeum shit, crafting gear that didn't suck was a huge pain in the ass even when you could farm it effectively. The thought you'll now get even less than before is kinda insane...

- Borderless/Inverted Mouse/Skill queue are the other three topics.
Lol please tell me i can play inverted mouse XD

I quit age of wushu over this, seems like it had potential but too hard to beat 20 years of FPS games out of me

I think its not an option for now doing a little research. Good thing i came upon this, unfortunately wont be buying the game tomorrow as i planned to do. Will play next week but not gonna gamble money on when they are going to think this is an important issue.