Archeage

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So, 6 weeks from first claim to attack a castle, with a 3 week cooldown. Them big guilds are gonna need something to grind their teeth on meanwhile.

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
Did the price for Thunderstruck Trees go down for anyone else since the patch? Right before the update on the Ollo cluster the lowest I've seen them hit on the AH was 1200 and that sold almost immediately. Today I picked up two for 875 each and the price is still dropping. Thought they would go up a bit with Farm Wagon/Cars/Submarine (in the future) but I guess not.

Cybsled

It's possible tons of folks stockpiled them thinking the price would rise, but the fact there was so many on the market tanked it.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
It's not just the Thunderstruck, archeum and armor prices went down a lot too, armor might be due to archeum prices going down though.

Moonlight Archeum Crsytals were selling for 12-13gp most of the time, going to 15gp once in a while. Last night they were down to 8gp. Moonlight Archeum Essence strangely stayed at the same price around 65-70gp...which is weird since 5 crystals make 1 essence which right now would be 5x8=40gp...so essence is way overpriced, or crystal went down too much.

I'm not sure what would make the prices changes so fast...even if people were "quitting" due to the issues with auroria launch, I would think it would take longer for the market to reflect that.

Maybe the extra land has allowed more trees to be planted and thus more Thunderstruck, or archeum trees introducing more archeum might explain some of this.

I heard in chat that Jester's coinpurses seem to have better drops. Haven't hunted a lot this week so can't comment on this personally.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Can we please not start another 5page Raes rage-fest derail?
I wouldn't mind...

What's funny is how on Kyrios pretty much all the big groups got a castle. The TWO faction got one, the Gankbus faction got one, the PRX faction got one and the MH faction got one. It really couldn't have gone more evenly, so there's not many tears or anything that people hoped for.

Bondurant, what's the source for no siege for 6 weeks? I think it should be every 1 week IMO.

The Blackrose_sl

shitlord
What's funny is how on Kyrios pretty much all the big groups got a castle. The TWO faction got one, the Gankbus faction got one, the PRX faction got one and the MH faction got one. It really couldn't have gone more evenly, so there's not many tears or anything that people hoped for.
Actually, Infernal has been lashing out because they believed DA's castle should have been theirs.

Been kind of funny. Not as funny as this whole business about Cats in Pajamas' leader (Persephone) selling her account because she hasn't gotten her way once in this game.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Actually, Infernal has been lashing out because they believed DA's castle should have been theirs.

Been kind of funny. Not as funny as this whole business about Cats in Pajamas' leader (Persephone) selling her account because she hasn't gotten her way once in this game.
Was Infernal helping DA get pebbles? I only remember seeing DA and Gankbus (mostly gankbus). How come GankBus didn't make the castle claim anyway?

Duskoy_sl

shitlord
Still can't login since the patch on tuesday. Tried all these BS fixes. I get stuck on the opening poem, freezes at the word Blessing

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Yeah the connection issues on launch are super frustrating, especially to the guilds who got screwed out of claiming land because of it. I personally missed half our launch plan because of the DC issues. Funnily enough I got DC'd just minutes after buying the 2k gold worth of blood crystals. If I had gotten DC'd when I went to buy it oh man what a disaster that'd be.

As for the landless people it's hard to empathize with a lot of the upset playerbase over the auroria land rush for a few reasons:
1. I shouted to this community and to PRX as much as possible to get as much land as possible the first day of early access. Most people I talked to were working out the optimal ways to level so they could get to 50 and beat the crowd, or how they'd work on their stupid crafting. Meanwhile I picked up some 6 properties (gave away half, still had people tell me I was greedy for having 3) and would've gotten more but got tired of paying taxes on everything haha. Some people in PRX were even annoyed that they were being required to claim land instead of being able to level the way they wanted.

2. People are foolish for thinking they could just waltz over to Auroria and claim land.

A. Even if the servers would cooperate(They didn't, welcome to another MMO launch!) they wouldn't have gotten shit because of cheaters who have tools to spam house placement packets. This cheat is somewhat hard to stop, so you really can't blame Trion/XL for it.
B. If the servers were perfect and there were no cheats, there would be some 10 players for each spot of land. The areas being claimed would be a huge PvP fight and you'd likely not get land anyway.

So yeah, on Kyrios and other first-rate servers people expecting to claim their farmhouse were deluded. The solution for those players without land? Go earn money and buy land.

I think if there's a large amount of players leaving AA after Auroria it's more so because all the problems they had with AA that they were deluded enough to think would be fixed in Auroria are still problems. (Which I guess would include, "I don't have any land and now that Auroria is out I'm still landless..."). Or because they get fed up from Hasla farming which is a serious problem.

moontayle

Golden Squire
I've never seen something that bad as the performance issues I saw on Tuesday. Even launch wasn't that fucked up in terms of server updates to the client. See a guy 20 yards in front of you, the next update he's 50 yards behind you. I felt about as useful as a stick in the mud.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
It could be players were looking at Auroria as content since that was how Trion advertised it but it sounds like it's only content to those in large guilds that either have a castle or have the resources to challenge for one. I've seen that mob drops on the new land are pretty pathetic and there isn't any honor for engaging in PvP either.

moontayle

Golden Squire
There's extremely minimal content from what I can see. Some additional Farmville aspects, some new items (with a Korean level .1% drop rate), a 10-man dungeon but frankly I don't see me doing anything Auroria unless there's a guild function.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It could be players were looking at Auroria as content since that was how Trion advertised it but it sounds like it's only content to those in large guilds that either have a castle or have the resources to challenge for one. I've seen that mob drops on the new land are pretty pathetic and there isn't any honor for engaging in PvP either.
Figure its housing/farming(no matter how much someone bitches they didnt get any), castles, new 10 man dungeon, new armor at least. Could even include better mobs to grind exp on + the 2 new hasla(which shouldn't have been there at all but they are), new farm carts, lots of little things.

Sounds like content to me. Though I do think its stupid as hell you get no honor on Auroria, I mean wtf.. I wasn't even expecting Auroria this soon, only ~ 2 months after release.

Just got an email from Trion about Auroria, let's take a look:

From Trion Promo Email_sl said:
- Explore six new zones on the lost continent of Auroria.
- Wage siege warfare against your opponents and usurp their rule over the region.
- Dive into the perilous new 10-player dungeon, Serpentis.
- Discover new resources, weapons, and inventions, including the Farm Wagon and more!
- Explore six new zones on the lost continent of Auroria.
Turns out it was 'lost' for a good reason. Six completely lifeless zones with absolutely zero unique features between them, much less any semblance of a town or other merchant infrastructure. Not even able to do trade runs, much less have a good reason to PVP there.

- Wage siege warfare against your opponents and usurp their rule over the region.
Once every six weeks, involving at max 480 people server wide if all four sieges even occur. On the plus side, by the second or third siege there won't be enough players left serverwide so I guess everyone will get to play by then.

- Dive into the perilous new 10-player dungeon, Serpentis.
Arguably the only new content in this horrible excuse for a patch. I'll give Trion this one.

- Discover new resources, weapons, and inventions, including the Farm Wagon and more!
Everyone loves spending two TS trees + other assorted mats to get a normalized glider with no tangible benefits over a 2 gold one.

What an awful game this is. So many minor tweaks could've added significant life to this game but into the shitter it goes with the other garbage MMOs. The real kicker here is that even with all of the stupidity I pointed out above, most of it could've been mitigated with a solid reason to PVP on the continent. There is absolutely zero benefit to PVPing in Auroria outside of sieges and anyone who does it is retarded.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You can be assured a lot of these big guilds will leave the game as soon as they'll experiment a castle siege. Anyway hat saddens me the most isn't even how XL Games is retarted and how Trion pushes content like there's no tomorrow. What saddens me, at least on my server, is the "hardcore PvP / RvR" EU community.

Nowadays, you have these guilds, most of the time zerg ones, which picture themselves as "Hardcore PvP", "Elite Gaming", "FULL PK FULL PVP" or "we're here to rape everyone all day erryday". Well, most of them don't even PvP at all. "Dude, open PvP is shit, siege castles takes the most skill and organization". During the last 2 months, I've ganked (Primeval) a lot of those people while they were doing traderuns / fishing. Most of them don't even try to defend themselves, they call it a day and stand there, insulting you or /w afterwards "lmao dude true PvP is RvR". That "EU elite guilds" community is fucking terrible. Of course we have nice guilds who are here to actually give a fight, but most other guilds are just ants. They are fucking busy ants with hive mind, mindlessly farming for a superior cast of ants, most of the time Guild Leader and its officers. PvP ? Lol dude, better farm to buy more gear to not do PvP at all. That guy with the Delphinad Heroic bow, where is he ? Smelting nodes, farming ArcheMaster all day long. The first full Epherium set dude, where is he ? AFKing near Auctioneer or doing 1v1s. I could show you /w in French about some french "hardcore PvP" guild guy who seemed genuinely shocked we stole his fish and destroy his boat. He was like "WTF DUDE WHY U PK????".

I don't know, maybe it's my server since some guilds organized themselves in some "Max Conflict PvP Initiative" to fight themselves. Truth to be told, most of them are actually PvE guilds farming their way through the game. When they do traderuns they're sticking to safezones like a UN boat. I think the game is okay right now, it has obvious flaws and Auroria reminded people of them, and with minor tweaks we'll never have because korean developers are clueless the game would have been great. But on my server, the game doesn't make people leave. It's the community.

The Blackrose_sl

shitlord
That... actually sounds incredibly disappointing. Mostly because EU was known as the place for PvP in GW2.

"Siege castles take most skill/organization" sounds like some shit where people are so focused on the PPT until a VoTF/Red Guard/Aggression/EP/whatever comes along and smokes the shit out of their ball with a third of their number. Only this game doesn't smile on zergbusting as kindly.