Arkk's Weight Lifting / Fitness Thread

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
What fats are you referring to? What food types?
He's got my wife cooking fish and chicken with coconut oil, I get peanut butter everyday, and can have my fifth meal as red meat. I'm pretty sure there's fat in my protein shake also. Oh, he also added avocado, which has high fat content, and believe it or not, that's when I started dropping. Carbs are oatmeal and sweet potatoes, and a fiber one bar here and there. I feel like I'm eating a pound of asaparagus a day.

My weight is dropping, but I'm getting stronger. This dude is legit, there's a reason why fitness competitors here flock to him. I'm on a diet, but I feel like I'm bulking, there's such a large mass of food in my stomach.

Anyway, he is concerned about me dropping weight too fast, it sounds as if I'll be getting more calories next week to compensate. I'm starting to look a little flat.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
5 meals a day, a banana after each workout, there's no site. I get a customized program every Saturday, based on what's going on with me.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Apparently I know jack shit about nutrition. I'd have thought that me eating 40% of my calories a day in fat would have caused an increase. It's done the opposite. As he's upped my fat and lowered my carbs, my weight is going down, and that's at a zero calorie deficit.
Yes, it's obvious from this post that you know jack shit about nutrition lol. If you are losing weight then clearly you have a calorie deficit. What a lot of people don't realise is that you don't need a massive deficit to lose weight, you need energy to burn energy

He's got my wife cooking fish and chicken with coconut oil, I get peanut butter everyday, and can have my fifth meal as red meat. I'm pretty sure there's fat in my protein shake also. Oh, he also added avocado, which has high fat content, and believe it or not, that's when I started dropping. Carbs are oatmeal and sweet potatoes, and a fiber one bar here and there. I feel like I'm eating a pound of asaparagus a day.

My weight is dropping, but I'm getting stronger. This dude is legit, there's a reason why fitness competitors here flock to him. I'm on a diet, but I feel like I'm bulking, there's such a large mass of food in my stomach.
There is literally nothing revolutionary here. Anyone that is serious about nutrition knows that fats are not the enemy, neither are carbs.

You eat 5 meals a day? How large are these portions? This guy have a website?
If you want to get in shape (ie drop body fat), I'd be happy to write you a diet plan. I post more on the weight loss thread usually. If you give me 4 weeks then I guarantee you will want to keep going.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yes, it's obvious from this post that you know jack shit about nutrition lol. If you are losing weight then clearly you have a calorie deficit. What a lot of people don't realise is that you don't need a massive deficit to lose weight, you need energy to burn energy.
I've always thought that if you were at a deficit, you'd lose strength and muscle. I'm losing weight and look bigger and am definitely stronger, with no anabolics. In the past, if I lost weight, because I was in a deficit, I'd start losing strength and size.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
If you want to get in shape (ie drop body fat), I'd be happy to write you a diet plan. I post more on the weight loss thread usually. If you give me 4 weeks then I guarantee you will want to keep going.
Hell yes I do. But I can't cook. I just can't. There is not a Mrs. Brahma either...so if you can keep this in mind, that would be great.

I ALSO don't want to lose strength. Is that possible? I weighed myself this morning. 297 lbs of sexy Brahma baby! I'm looking to get down to 260.

Please be reasonable with like the meals. I can't go from steak few times a week to pinto beans as my meals.

If it's legit, and works, I will honestly compensate you accordingly.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Hell yes I do. But I can't cook. I just can't. There is not a Mrs. Brahma either...so if you can keep this in mind, that would be great.

I ALSO don't want to lose strength. Is that possible? I weighed myself this morning. 297 lbs of sexy Brahma baby! I'm looking to get down to 260.

Please be reasonable with like the meals. I can't go from steak few times a week to pinto beans as my meals.

What I'm learning is that it is possible, if you go slow. My trainer doesn't want me losing more than a pound a week, because he's a bodybuilding/fitness trainer, and doesn't want his clients to lose muscle. I look at the before and after pics of my wife last year, she only lost 11 pounds, because her composition changed. She gained three or four pounds of muscle (or so it seemed). Every muscle on her body was dramatically larger.

I was going to send a PM on the program, but apparently the PDF is locked, and it's ten pages.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser

Lol, I am not a cook either. Obviously I prepare all my meals but there is nothing fancy involved. And any meal plan will be based around meat, not beans.

I won't bs you, my focus has always been aesthetics and fat loss, e.g getting a six pack over strength. But I can modify some things to see if we can at least maintain strength.

How comfortable would you be doing 20minute sessions of high intensity cardio?

And I appreciate the offer but I don't offer to help people for financial gain

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I've always thought that if you were at a deficit, you'd lose strength and muscle. I'm losing weight and look bigger and am definitely stronger, with no anabolics. In the past, if I lost weight, because I was in a deficit, I'd start losing strength and size.
I was more referring to your "fats dont make me fat?!" comments lol

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yes, it's obvious from this post that you know jack shit about nutrition lol.If you are losing weight then clearly you have a calorie deficit.What a lot of people don't realise is that you don't need a massive deficit to lose weight, you need energy to burn energy
And I was responding to this. I've never done back rows with 500 pounds or done chest inclines with 365, while I've dropped bodyweight. Before you know it, my weights drop in half, and I'm like the rest of you normals.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
What I'm learning is that it is possible, if you go slow. My trainer doesn't want me losing more than a pound a week, because he's a bodybuilding/fitness trainer, and doesn't want his clients to lose muscle. I look at the before and after pics of my wife last year, she only lost 11 pounds, because her composition changed. She gained three or four pounds of muscle (or so it seemed). Every muscle on her body was dramatically larger.

I was going to send a PM on the program, but apparently the PDF is locked, and it's ten pages.
I'm currently doing a 750 calorie deficit (1.5 pounds a week) and still gaining strength.

In fact, my last cut (Jan-May 2014) I only started to lose strength about 8 weeks into it.

This time I'm doing IF with a feeding window of 12pm-8pm. Higher carbs on workout days and higher fats on rest days.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Lol, I am not a cook either. Obviously I prepare all my meals but there is nothing fancy involved. And any meal plan will be based around meat, not beans.

I won't bs you, my focus has always been aesthetics and fat loss, e.g getting a six pack over strength. But I can modify some things to see if we can at least maintain strength.

How comfortable would you be doing 20minute sessions of high intensity cardio?

And I appreciate the offer but I don't offer to help people for financial gain
What would you consider high intensity? I can 20 minutes on an elliptical?

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
What would you consider high intensity? I can 20 minutes on an elliptical?
I'm doing mine on an elliptical, it's pretty hard alternating all out sprints with jogging at 260. HIIT is supposed to be all out sprinting at intervals. It works great. I was skeptical at first, but my metabolism is running high already, and I've only done them a week. They say if you are lifting weights, your body can't handle more than three HIIT cardio sessions a week. Certainly, I can't. My trainer was concerned I wasn't moving scale weight enough. He had me for 4 HIIT sessions in a row, it almost broke me.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Yes, any machine or even at home. The important thing is max intensity then rest repeatedly for 20 minutes.

Lyrical trainer using similar formula, I can tell you what to eat, when to eat it and how much.

Hiit is a very time efficient way to burn fat. You could do 15 mins after each workout

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I made paleo pancakes tonight. Man those things are awesome.

How do you guys do your HIIT? I like to follow the body for life method or just set treadmill at 12mph and sprint for 30secs then rest 30 secs for 10mins. I've been slacking on cardio tho so looking for new ideas.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
I made paleo pancakes tonight. Man those things are awesome.

How do you guys do your HIIT? I like to follow the body for life method or just set treadmill at 12mph and sprint for 30secs then rest 30 secs for 10mins. I've been slacking on cardio tho so looking for new ideas.
Every week is different for me in my HIIT cardio. My first week is one minute of all out sprinting, followed by five minutes jog, repeated four times. It ramps up every week. You have to be careful with it, Brahma. You need some baseline cardio health, or you'll be overtrained quick. I LOL'd at that notion, until I tried to do it four times a week, along with five weight sessions. If you are doing HIIT right, even 20 minutes of it should make you want to go home to momma.

Wuyley_sl

shitlord
So I was pretty fit up until about a year and a half ago but then I got a "Big boy" job and that went all to shit. I made my own regiment with 4 days a week and 6 exercises per day (3 sets per exercise)

Now that I am attempted to get back into it, after my starting run of 2 miles I can barely get through 2 exercises before my body feels like it wants to throw up. Anyone got any advice on how I can "ease" back into it and have efficient workouts without wasting my time? Lately I have been doing what I can and then the next time back in the gym (usually 2-3 days a week) I will finish up what I didn't do last time.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You run before you lift? If so, that's your mistake. I'd save cardio for off days or after lifting.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah, never do a lot of cardio before lifting. If you need to do any, just enough to warm your body up (maybe 5-15 min of light cardio). I prefer to just warm up with light weights, personally.

You're basically burning up all the quick energy sources your body has prior to lifting. Since lifting is more intense work than endurance, you're doing the opposite of what you want.