Ars editors pick the most overrated games

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
No way that Dragon's Lair should be on there, and I agree with Sean whoever wrote that has no clue. I still remember going to the arcade as a kid and they added a second CRT to the top so everyone could watch someone playing it. There were always a minimum of 20 folks staring at it in Awe.

Xalara

Golden Squire
Gah, sorry for the necro. Somehow it was on my front page in the Mobile version of the website. Or I misclicked.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Playing Halo 1 over lan at a friend's house with 11-15 of your friends were some of the best gaming experiences I've ever had. The game itself was still limited by what a console can provide, but for the lan experience plus the sequels that came after it should definitely keep it off this garbage list.

Fadaar

That guy
Halo single handedly destroyed the FPS genre. Two gun limit and regenerating health/shields are an abomination.

Playing Halo 1 over lan at a friend's house with 11-15 of your friends were some of the best gaming experiences I've ever had. The game itself was still limited by what a console can provide, but for the lan experience plus the sequels that came after it should definitely keep it off this garbage list.
I do agree with this though, we used to have massive LAN parties in high school with the original Halo. 4-5 TV's and Xboxes for 10-15 people. Was fun as shit even though I sucked terribly. Halo 2 didn't come out until I was in college, it's pretty much the only 'good' multiplayer Halo.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
The amount of shit talking that went on between rooms was what made it entertaining. We'd play big games of ctf on bloodgultch that were basically endurance sessions they lasted so long. With everything that online gaming brought to the world this was one thing that it kind of fucked.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
We had a lot of Halo LAN parties in high school too. Really the only time I ever played the game. Those were fun though.

It was reiterated a lot in this thread but Twilight Princess on the list is some bullshit. That might be the best since OoT.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Halo is beyond overrated. Its the only game the newly minted xbros had to brag about and jerk each other off over.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
No way that Dragon's Lair should be on there,
Gotta read the article...

I was too young to catch the whole Dragon's Lair craze in the '80s
That's his first line. That'd be like me going and watching Citizen Kane and saying this is shit. The guy is complete fucking retard and the more we talk about this article the more it validates stupid lists like his. Some 16 year old right now will write an article in a few years on why Baldurs Gate is the most overrated CRPG of all time. Because they just don't fucking get it, and people who weren't part of the history when it was contemporary shouldn't be talking about it except from a very limited viewpoint.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Halo 2 redefined the console FPS experience. Even during its prime, I thought the first Halo was painfully dull.
Halo sucked (If you were an old school PC gamer), but it was to Consoles what DOOM was to PC's.

Almost.

Goldeneye deserves a lot of credit too.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Halo sucked (If you were an old school PC gamer), but it was to Consoles what DOOM was to PC's.

Almost.

Goldeneye deserves a lot of credit too.
The campaign in Halo 1 was absolutely terrible. What it truly provided was the ability to play with friends who would never actually buy a PC for gaming at the time. The only thing that was negative about Goldeneye for it's generation was screen watching. Wish I would have saw pictures of the dividers people created to stop that at the time.