Art Bell - Midnight in the Desert

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Art Bell is back with a new radio show. He streams it live on the Internet and he's also on a few radio stations which can be found here:Radio Stations - Art Bell

The show is live M-F 11PM-2PM Central time. He gets callers from all around the world now and it feels like he never left.

The stream is located here:Dark Matter Digital Network

There are archives you can listen to but Art is charging $5 a month to listen to them. You can download mp3's of the show or just stream them on the site. There isn't an RSS feed for podcast software yet but I hope that will happen someday.

Lochness_Hamster

Trakanon Raider
Really loving the show so far, Art seems like he is enjoying do the show alot more, than when he returned on SiriusXM a couple of years ago

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I don't understand how George Noory stays on the air, or got there to begin with.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
He gets callers from all around the world now and it feels like he never left.
West of the rockies you're on the air.

Before the internet was popular I worked nights at home a lot. Listened to him a lot.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
He had flat earthers on last night supposedly. I haven't listened to the episode yet but good lord I can't believe this is a thing.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
My parents are "just asking questions" about Flat Earth.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I listen to George Noory for 10 minutes per night in the spring when I'm going over to check on my heifers at 2 AM. There was a guy on one night that was totally seriously explaining how fairies, leprechauns, and half a dozen other fantastical critters are real. I really wonder if they really believe it or if they have just found out that they can make a living selling this shit to gullible morons.

Lochness_Hamster

Trakanon Raider
Ive listened to art for 20 years, and i think he's just as good as the 90's. Art's an entertainer, having a flat earther on was just something different, it's bigfoot tonight

and fuck George Noory, he's retarded

opiate82

Bronze Squire
I listen to George Noory for 10 minutes per night in the spring when I'm going over to check on my heifers at 2 AM. There was a guy on one night that was totally seriously explaining how fairies, leprechauns, and half a dozen other fantastical critters are real. I really wonder if they really believe it or if they have just found out that they can make a living selling this shit to gullible morons.
I would go with the "trying to sell shit" angle myself. Not that Noory doesn't believe in the paranormal but CTC has been more and more about making money since Art left.

Art was/is a master of weaving an interview in such a way that it caters to both believers and skeptics without it appearing to have an agenda. Also he has a big enough personality that he isn't one to let a guest control the interview. For example, Howard Hughes (who I think was one of the best in the paranormal game in Art's absence) had Richard C. Hoagland on a little while back and RCH walked all over Howard the entire interview basically refusing to answer even one question that was critical of his "work." Art would never allow that to happen.

If I had one criticism of Art in his return so far, it seems he has been talking over the guests a lot more than usual. He's always taken pride in his ability to steer the interview and keep guests on track, but several times now I've been irritated because he's interrupted a guest when they were right in the middle of making what I thought was an interesting point to change the subject. Not sure if he's still getting back into form, just getting old, or that his ego will only allow him to go so long without hearing his own voice. Only a minor criticism though, I think overall it is great to have him back.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
I occasionally listen to this and I pulled up an episode from a couple weeks ago and apparently Art is off the air and in hiding. He has a stalker that has shot up his studio and other things. Pretty crazy hope the guy is caught and Art can get back on the air. His producer is filling in .

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
This is why in general you don't make media productions catering to insane conspiracy theorists. Eventually the CIA implants in their heads are going to get messages from their lizard men overlords that you know to much and need to be killed.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Whole lot of crazy on that show no doubt. We could probably make a large impact on the mental health situation by just rounding up everyone that calls in to the show.

Barab

Silver Knight of the Realm
I occasionally listen to this and I pulled up an episode from a couple weeks ago and apparently Art is off the air and in hiding. He has a stalker that has shot up his studio and other things. Pretty crazy hope the guy is caught and Art can get back on the air. His producer is filling in .
I thought the entire dark matter radio network was closing shop but I guess not.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
I don't know about that but Midnight in the Desert is on dozens of radio stations already.
Yes, but a lot of those that signed up did so for Art. Many stations were actually hesitant to sign up due to Art's serial-retiring habits.

It was pretty impressive what Art and the DMRN was doing to traditional terrestrial radio business practices but fact-of-the-matter is that Art was the product.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Yes, but a lot of those that signed up did so for Art. Many stations were actually hesitant to sign up due to Art's serial-retiring habits.

It was pretty impressive what Art and the DMRN was doing to traditional terrestrial radio business practices but fact-of-the-matter is that Art was the product.
I don't disagree at all. I am operating under the premise that Art will be back but who knows.