Ashen for xbox

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

spronk

FPS noob
Ashen is out today for xbox

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/ashen/bnxlppcvs0hn

Its $40 but included with gamepass which is awesome. Seems to be xbox ONLY which is weird, thought they'd put out a PC port too?

Downloading now, will check it out tomorrow

Trailer should be out during TGA today sometime, will edit post when trailer goes up on youtube

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Nice, been waiting for this for a long time. Sucks that its Xbox only though.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
A few streams on Twitch at the moment. Game looks good to me, only 2 player co-op though, and not seeing other players roaming around.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So it IS on PC, but just on the Epic store. Cool with me, I'll be getting it later today then.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Liking it so far. I recommend disabling multi-player as people are really shitty and just run off and die

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Not bad at all, a bit heavy on stamina consumption at the early game (have 3 npcs in my Town). Ran into a mini-boss in an area called Solitude that one shot me and Jokyll. I like the little caverns that are spaced around the map. Game world probably needs to be bigger, and maybe a bit more variation in loot. Controls feel a bit floaty, not as tight as say Bloodborne.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Saw it on Facebook of all places tonight. I looked into it and it seems interesting, but I never really picked up a... point to it? Whats the story? Is there a story? What in the hell is going on? Finally, is it worth playing over my backlog of other games?

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well, if you play, you learn what the "point" is and what the stories are, lol. Basically you have to save the light of the world from those who would eat it up. Not sure how far along I am into the whole story, but I just reached the lair of the Matriarch. The area is really well done, dark and creepy. Haven't actually gotten tooo the Matriarch though, got smashed by a "Surprise motherfucker" moment.

I'm enjoying it, pretty easy to get overwhelmed with mobs. If you play solo, you will have an npc companion that kicks ass, but can only die 2-3 time before its gone until you reach a checkpoint.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So there is a dungeon called Seat of the Matriarch, main story takes you there. Its like Vault of Glass meets Dark Souls.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Played this some last night and this morning. Pretty cool Dark Souls knock-off. The NPC companion AI seems buggy as fuck. They randomly are with me and then just run off or disappear. This is with multiplayer disabled, so I assume it's the AI.

I'm enjoying it, pretty easy to get overwhelmed with mobs. If you play solo, you will have an npc companion that kicks ass, but can only die 2-3 time before its gone until you reach a checkpoint.

Hmmm, that might explain my problem above...

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If the npc companion happens to fall off a cliff, its gone for good. You'll hear a tone that signifies that you're all alone at that point. The AI also has its own aggro table, so it won't always be going after the mob you are. Its pathing also seems to break over water, sometimes it will jump with you, other times not. If it ever stops, and you know its alive, just keep going forward and it'll appear with you soon enough.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It is funny watching some dark soul players playing Ashen and at how they say its not as hard as dark souls, yet they die and die and die. Bad design. Not enough checkpoints. Game still isn't as hard as dark souls. Oops, died again.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
It is funny watching some dark soul players playing Ashen and at how they say its not as hard as dark souls, yet they die and die and die. Bad design. Not enough checkpoints. Game still isn't as hard as dark souls. Oops, died again.

They're probably talking about how the controls aren't as tight as DS3, yet they're still trying to play it exactly like they would DS3 and blaming the game for being different.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Maybe, the controls to me feel mostly like Bloodborne, if not as responsive. The game needs a bit of balancing, imo, in regards to stamina usage. All but one armor I've found in game has increasingly severe penalties to stamina usage / regen, and all the shield also have penalties to stamina regen. The armor with the highest "defense" (90) that I've found has a penalty of +75% stamina usage and -30% stamina regen.