Ashes of Creation

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This came across Discord.

Greetings Glorious Ashes friends,

I have asked my community team to move the December live stream from tomorrow to Thursday December 23rd, at 11am Pacific.

We have an important and exciting announcement to make regarding an integral component of the development for Ashes of Creation, and this announcement requires a little more time before presenting to the community. I look forward to seeing you all next Thursday for our December end of year live stream.

Hope you are all keeping safe, and enjoying the holiday season!

Its been a while since anything substantial has been announced. This has me curious.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
They could totally work that into a fantasy realm. You know the ancient secrets of Paddlefanny Style martial arts, and in order for anyone else to use the class they have to pay you for training

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
here is a link to the in game ue5 part It is fabulous!!

is it the youtube encoding or the ingame settings (or lack of) or something but the lighting bouncing on the snow makes the textures looks just an over saturated mess.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
is it the youtube encoding or the ingame settings (or lack of) or something but the lighting bouncing on the snow makes the textures looks just an over saturated mess.

The motion blur is making me sick, hopefully that gets turned off or the ability to disable.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Buncha knees too sharp folks here. It’s obviously not optimized yet but Ue5 is a huge move and this will be far and away the best looking mmo yet and if I understand the engine correctly should be very good in large scale pvp settings. The question remains how much this will set back their already nebulous schedule

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Buncha knees too sharp folks here. It’s obviously not optimized yet but Ue5 is a huge move and this will be far and away the best looking mmo yet and if I understand the engine correctly should be very good in large scale pvp settings. The question remains how much this will set back their already nebulous schedule
Just long enough to move to UE6, judging by how games that switch engines go

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, completely swapping engines midway through development cycles always turns out real fucking great. As if Unreal 4 was a shitty engine or looked bad. UE4 still looks/runs GREAT.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Is it just me, or does the character movement seem better in the new engine? It looked so floaty in the last alpha, and it didnt appear to be that way in this UE5 video. Im not a game dev so I dont know if an engine swap would even be connected to that, or if they finally fixed what was so glaring to me.

Xerge

<Donor>
Is it just me, or does the character movement seem better in the new engine? It looked so floaty in the last alpha, and it didnt appear to be that way in this UE5 video. Im not a game dev so I dont know if an engine swap would even be connected to that, or if they finally fixed what was so glaring to me.
They were already working on fixing that when I last played; maybe you're noticing the new locomotion effects. Grappling up, mantling, rolling on landing, etc. The main benefit swapping to UE5 is allowing multiple artists access/modify something at once, which increases productivity.

• 1Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
They were already working on fixing that when I last played; maybe you're noticing the new locomotion effects. Grappling up, mantling, rolling on landing, etc. The main benefit swapping to UE5 is allowing multiple artists access/modify something at once, which increases productivity.
Ahh good. In the alpha video I watched, the dwarf would cast a spell and the feet wouldnt move while the character moved. So it just looked like they were skating while finishing the animation for the spell. Another issue was that the characters top torso looked independent of its legs, so the legs would be going SW and the body would be facing NE. The two issues just looked absolutely terrible.

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
Not sure I would have jumped on the UE5 bandwagon mid development. Massive undertaking with a ton of new bugs and features. Kiss those production milestones goodbye...and RIP to your QA teams quality of life.

Maybe focus on releasing the game…

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users