Ashes of Creation

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I would argue that non-instanced was less dangerous in highly camped areas, like Sebilis or Lower Guk. It was so fucking camped that you could typically never see a single mob in most areas. The most "danger" was someone training stuff on you. Plus in EQ1, most of the danger was losing a corpse, but even over time that got diluted so long as you could find a friendly necromancer to summon your corpse.

I missed this. Eventually this would be the case. But those of us that were 1st deep into Sebilis could tell you it was very exciting. The sense of exploration and danger was awesome!

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
You want a more "social" game, but also admit to boxing a full group in one, so you don't have to rely on others. Not only that, you wear it like a badge of honor.

To this day I can't explain this cognitive dissonance.
Boxing to sell items and make plat is different from playing with my friends. I boxed raids to sell raid loot, sometimes I boxed with others that boxed. Your blanket statement infers that everyone who boxes doesn’t play with others which is not factual at all.

• 1Barf
Reactions: 1 user

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Your blanket statement infers that everyone who boxes doesn’t play with others which is not factual at all.
I never claimed that. In fact a lot of boxers start by "helping out my group by boxing a cleric." Been there, done that. But here's the ironic part: at the end I boxed like 4 or 5 accounts to replace the people who left the game, mostly with their accounts.

It's a slippery slope: At the end I coded an MQ2 plugin for a friend to make pathfinding for his bots inside a dungeon possible (this was pre MQ2Nav, and only had a handmade mesh for that specific dungeon), so he could farm AA for all of his boxed characters. Also from people who had left the game. This was the point I realized that the game has become a shell of its former self, and the "social" aspect had died long ago--and in part because of boxing and botting.

At the tall end of EverQuest no one made new friends in it, because starting up a another boxed account was just that easy. That the people who were in part responsible to kill that "social" aspect of the game are now claiming it was that "instancing" thing (e.g. LDoN) what killed the community aspect is just the ironic icing on the cake. The WoW players blame the cross-realm and automated LFG/LFR systems for killing their community.

Sure, there's a kernel of truth in it, but at the same time it's not the whole picture. Life is rarely monocausal.

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>
Ranger looks cool, long bow and short bow. The jump ability that roots with three shots and moved the character across the screen aerially was different. Combat also doesn't seem to be "floaty" while watching like in the first round of alpha. So much whining on the live stream about tab targeting and homing of the shots for the ranger.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I like the soft lock. I could see me using that one on occasions.

Animation seemed fluid. I like the ideas for the core class. I also liked the tower in the back ground. I wanted to see that up close.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Really like the bare bones of how the bow combat looks. Not a lot of details on the class overall, though, but to be expected at this stage. Not sure how different short v long bow will feel with full skills, but would be cool to be able to go back and forth if possible.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Haven't had a chance to watch this newest vid, but how does the class animations compare to the Archer or Ranger in BDO? Or for those who might remember, the Archer in Tera.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
I can imagine those bow sounds getting really fucking annoying like after an hour

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>
Haven't had a chance to watch this newest vid, but how does the class animations compare to the Archer or Ranger in BDO? Or for those who might remember, the Archer in Tera.
Def seems more calm or not as spastic as BDO, less overall particle effects with the few skills they show cased.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That was the one thing I appreciated. It was smooth with very little shiny. Even the overhead jump attack was not over the top. I imagine that players will have the ability to turn off both sound and effects as wanted.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
hard to believe that some retards compare this game to pantheon as if this game is the vaporware.

Last edited:

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
hard to believe that some retards compare this game to pantheon as if this game is the vaporware.

I really enjoyed the basic game play reveal, system design discussion and unveiling of more concept art. This is in no way like a Pantheon dev stream.

Bravo.

• 1Cringe
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Re: Boxing and EQ, I cant figure out why they have not incorporated an intuitive boxing setup to the game itself by now. I mean think about it, make boxing easier so you dont have to use complex 3rd party programs to set all that shit up. or have 6 windows open and going back and forth. Every person that wants to box on box servers is like an easy 4-6 accounts they have to pay for. IDK just a thought. THey could even charge extra for using that boxing setup on your accounts which is even more cash.

Leibowitz

Trakanon Raider
link to upcoming AMA by Steven :

Ashes of Creation AMA w/ Steven - Livestream Friday, October 14, 2022 at 11 AM PDT​

renderTimingPixel.png

Official
Glorious Ashes of Creation Community, we’re excited to do an AMA Livestream with our Creative Director, Steven Sharif, on Friday, October 14, 2022 at 11 AM PDT (convert to your local time). We'll be streaming the answers to this AMA over at www.twitch.tv/ashesofcreation. Submit your questions here :

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Link to the AMA with Steven:

He really needs someone to talk with while he does these. I know its an AMA, but him and that lady would have been fine. But really, it looks like he had this attitude towards like 90% of the questions. Makes me laugh, but not really a good public image when doing this lol.
Halfthequestions.jpg

Things that interested me using the Youtube tags -

Primary Leveling System: I hope he elaborates on this more. Have you heard anything in detail about this, Xerge Xerge ? It feels awful to finish up a series of quest in an area and the system just seemingly dropping you off at the playground at saying "Go play!" I dont even care if its some BDO type shit where its a passive quest that says kill 500 Centaurs or some grindy shit like that. Seems like this will be a big point of contention with a lot of the ADHD players.
Travel and Leveling Experience: This sounds like a huge pain in the ass when nodes can delevel. If I took anything away from New World, its that you dont waste players time with travel. Travel as quick, or as slow as WoW Classic when every node you're going through is at least stage 3 and have a travel building networked is fine. But when the game launches, and when any of these nodes are knocked down below 3? .. This needs to have a real example of someone traveling tied to it. Not some random best case scenario. So far, it sounds far worse than it probably is.. or at least thats where my Copium is.​

Render distance out at sea: Very cool shit he's talking about here and Im not even a big pirate type of person. But it overall made me realize how much I wish we had a true scope or a spyglass type of feature in MMO's useable by anyone. From what hes saying, it doesnt sound like we'll have anything similar to that readily available to us, but just a feature on the boat. Enemy boats appearing larger than they are at a further distance. I guess thats okay? But it's gonna be really cool to be bullshitting with your friends, everyone is fishing, or deep water diving for some treasure that could randomly respawn... and one of your mates from the few being lookouts screams out in Discord, A BOAT! .. and everyone rushes to the ready to attack them.

Castles near the Ocean: I want to hear more about this. I guess really I want to hear more about siege equipment in general. Are we setting up trebuchet's to attack a fort? If so, is there a limit? How many strikes from a trebuchet break a wall down? a gate? Which is all well and great, but that kind of stuff makes me just wonder why theyre actively deciding to just let one castle be naval capable? Want more infooooo​
Ruins of Destroyed Nodes: This sounds fucking awesome. So not only does the raiding party get spoils of war, but you have like a buzzard population that can survive off of the scraps. Also creating more open world PVP. Thumbs up all the way around.

The rest of the questions are pure garbage and a waste of time. Number one reason I hate AMA's.