Ask me anything (reloaded)

Melvin

Blackwing Lair Raider
The movie, but as a kid I only read Sci Fi, and I can't remember.
It was a trick question, and you passed. The book was actually so unbelievably terrible that it turning it into a movie was an improvement. Whoever made the decision to altar the story so that the sequels couldn't also be made into movies did the world a huge favor.

Although on the other hand, if you enjoy reading god-awful sci-fi for the sake of laughing at it, then I highly recommend the Logan's Run series.
smile.png

smile.png

Pancreas

Vyemm Raider
Technology became humanity's advantage over nature. It was literally the light in the dark that allowed us to otherwise transcend our fate. We have moved on, and moved up, and created much and destroyed much. And those who sit nestled in the cradle of humanity's achievement; fear not the dark for any ancient predator but for each other. So far have we walked from our earliest days, that we look around and now consider none our equal. Technology has been the gift from progenitor to progeny. A man made heritage that continues to shape the world and our perceptions of it.

And yet, humanity as a whole wades far more slowly into these realms of crafted existence. So many have stayed firm and live according to how it once was. Whether by choice or by circumstance there are those whose lives seem foreign to us, and yet would seem familiar to our eldest of ancestors. We sometimes gaze back, and think about those other times. We sometimes condescend to them and call them simpler. We sometimes forget and call them easier. We are fascinated by those who maintain the traditions, and yet we are equally fascinated by our ever evolving ingenuity and progression. How we can sometimes be doubly impressed when gazing in both directions along the path of human advancement is truly intriguing.

So my question to you is this: Considering that you have probably personally seen and experienced more of humanity's development than the average person on the planet at this point; which view gives you the greatest sense of pride in your species, the one looking ahead, the one looking back, or both?

Also, how many licks does it take to get to the center of a urinal cake?