Assassin's Creed Shadows

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Rumors true. Official trailer.

I'm out, unless I see someone like Utnayan Utnayan posting that this is the game of the decade. Woke is an easy filter for me these days.

• 2Barf
  • 1Pathetic
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Talos

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Jerry Seinfeld Reaction GIF

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

skylan

Trakanon Raider
Hey wait Japan is one of the least xenophobic and most diverse countries in the world. I don't see the problem.

• 1Double Worf

Needless

Toe Sucker
Ubisoft is hilarious lmao, a black and a female samurai duo in feudal japan. yup.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
If they wanted to do a Black lead, why not Mali, Songhai, or some other African setting? There's plenty to choose from in that Era. Doing it in AC Japan can only be for woke points. This'll probably be a pass for me. I couldn't even make it through Valhalla and Mirage looked boring. Japan could be cool, but being this overtly woke doesn't bode well.
Because Africa is a shithole so the level design would be hunting bushmeat and sneaking into mud huts.

They need our culture because they don't have their own.

• 1Solidarity

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I'm a huge AC fan, love Origins and Odyssey(the best imo), I did Valhalla but none of the DLC, by the time I finished Valhalla I was tired of it. I played Mirage which I enjoyed, it's pretty focused compared to the previous 3, I think it took me around 25-30 hours to finish it compared to the previous 3 which were in the 150 hours each.

As with all games, I'll wait till reviews are out, I no longer pre-order anything, doesn't matter how good the devs are, in this digital world there's just no point as someone mentioned "They are not going to run out of copies". Reviews are usually out a few days before the game releases so I can still pre-order to get bonuses if reviews are good.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Yasuke was real

Granted the game will make up most of his history, but he was a vassal of Nobunaga IRL
Reading that page makes the concept of having him be the protagonist even sillier. Like, what exactly do you pull from those historical accounts and make an AC game out of?

I'm not really a person to play the race card and it's not my culture being maligned, but the lack of male asian representation in gaming is a real thing, and to use a foreigner instead of an asian male is egregious.

• 1Worf

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
In practical terms, every new Japanese character you're introduced to should have the same incredulous response. I mean, we're talking about a person whose liege made him strip and wash the black off his skin.

Otherwise the character either has to be changed from an obscure character who spent a yearish in Japan and is only referenced in a few writings into a famous samurai, known by all Japanese and having the support and respect of the Daimyo.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
If ever a game has deserved to bomb due to DEI bullshit this would be it.

• 5Like
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Needless

Toe Sucker
Yasuke was real

Granted the game will make up most of his history, but he was a vassal of Nobunaga IRL

"It's important to note that there are no historical writings or evidence that Yasuke was considered a samurai, he was never given a fief or referred to as one in any writings, most of our knowledge of his life comes from these messages written by missionaries and locals"

Seems like the right choice to make the main character of a samurai game

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

sukik

Lol, it gets even better. There appears to be an online requirement to play.

• 1Smuggly
  • 1Worf

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yasuke was real

From Mozambique, most likely, but looks like George Floyd. I would actually say his skin isn't dark enough in the teaser shots.

who-is-yasuke-assassins-creed-shadows-black-samurai-explaine_8bbz.1200.jpg

• 1Barf
  • 1Double Worf

sukik

Also looks like the assumption that this is DEI forced is true. This is not the original vision for the game.

• 2Worf
  • 1Pathetic
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 3 users

kinadin

<Gold Donor>
I think this is the first time they haven't used a native of the historical setting as a main character.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I think this is the first time they haven't used a native of the historical setting as a main character.
Yeah I saw a breakdown for all the AC games today (I can't find it) and every protagonist was squarely in line with the setting.