Assassin's Creed: Syndicate

Nester

Vyemm Raider
If you have not played rogue, play that instead and wait for this to plummet in price in 6 months like unity did.

shishare

Golden Knight of the Realm
rrr_img_113694.jpg

Knytestorme_sl

shitlord
Amazingly it seemed to work on day 1 (PS4), the twins are actually reasonably likeable (I hated Connor and was not a fan of Arno) and the gameplay so far has been AC but the rope gun has added some slightly interesting verticality to it.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I liked Assassin's Creed III but I can understand why some wouldn't. The Conner intro/tutorial is pretty choppy and he can be a pretty unlikable protagonist. However it introduces one of my favorite characters in the series, Haytham Kenway, and the story outside the Animus in III is pretty much the best in the series. Although, I haven't played Revelations, Unity or Syndicate so I can't compare it to those.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Jesus Christ I was hoping it was bad so I didn't have to play it before Fallout.

Getting some good reviews across the board.

P.s. Lol at the douchebag who negged me for joking about preordering the shitty looking DLC back in fucking May.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Jesus Christ I was hoping it was bad so I didn't have to play it before Fallout.

It sucks. Don't play it before Fallout 4. Wait for the price drop, in which this pile of garbage will be 19 bucks before Christmas. Reviews are bought and paid for, and Christ, Kokatu didn't get their review copy this year because they slammed Unity so hard - So Ubisoft retaliated.

Reviews mean jack shit. And unfortunately so do most in the online avenue because you never know who to trust.

Actual non paid for reviews of actual players are stating it's better than Unity (Not hard to accomplish) with the same sluggish movement, lower graphical detail than in Unity, with a few new gimmicks. So far the only universal good thing coming out of it are the Twins, but mostly the female protagonist. New take downs, but completely repetitive after 15 minutes. The story is medicore, but the twins help with that a bit due to their character development. The ending of the game is a complete let down and you will be SUPER pissed you just wasted time on the game only to have it end the way it does.

$19.99 Regime. $19.99 on sale - 8 weeks. Play something else.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Apparently it released early or something? Swore it was out on Tuesday...

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
It sucks. Don't play it before Fallout 4. Wait for the price drop, in which this pile of garbage will be 19 bucks before Christmas. Reviews are bought and paid for, and Christ, Kokatu didn't get their review copy this year because they slammed Unity so hard - So Ubisoft retaliated.

Reviews mean jack shit. And unfortunately so do most in the online avenue because you never know who to trust.

Actual non paid for reviews of actual players are stating it's better than Unity (Not hard to accomplish) with the same sluggish movement, lower graphical detail than in Unity, with a few new gimmicks. So far the only universal good thing coming out of it are the Twins, but mostly the female protagonist. New take downs, but completely repetitive after 15 minutes. The story is medicore, but the twins help with that a bit due to their character development. The ending of the game is a complete let down and you will be SUPER pissed you just wasted time on the game only to have it end the way it does.

$19.99 Regime. $19.99 on sale - 8 weeks. Play something else.
Yeah I'm picking it up on sale regardless because of Unity.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
I have no interest in this until I see people here that don't automatically drool over anything new say it is good. Fuck them after unity

Nester

Vyemm Raider
35% off on green man gaming already. Pm me for a code if that deal is not universal.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
I just bought a new video card and have the option to get either this or Rainbow 6: Siege for free. Get this now, or wait? I like both genres fine, if the games are good.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I just saw a few reviews of the game, wtf you don't Assassinate ppl, instead you befriend them? This shit became rated PG?

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider

Doesn't pertain to Ubisoft specifically, but,

53dc8ea029.png

I find it difficult to trust big review publications for Ubisoft/EA titles.

spronk

FPS noob
I'm on mission 3, enjoying the game so far. It does involve modern era time, in fact the very few minutes of the game is modern era stuff (CGI though) not sure if its more integral later on in the game. You switch between Jacob and Evie every few missions, he's kinda bland and boring but she is a badass bitch - one of the first attacks I did with her had her stabbing a dude in the hand to keep him from moving and then using her cane to brain him to death. jesus!

If you hated assassins creed 2/R/B then this game is not for you. If you liked those games this feels very similar thematically, with updated combat and in victorian england instead of italy. Visually its not superb but passable, everything feels coated with a vaseline lens or something (on PS4) so not a fan of that. Voice acting is top notch so far. Story is ok, nothing great but not as shitty/generic as AC3 or Unity, they seem to be pushing better the Templar vs. Assassins main theme here.

Pretty good game for me so far, need a break from Destiny and got the weekend until Halo 5 is out. I wouldn't buy it digitally though, feels like a once-and-done game since its just single player. It'll be $20 either by black friday or early next year so can totally wait and not miss anything, but if you are a big assassins creed fan (I even have a hoodie!) I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Doesn't pertain to Ubisoft specifically, but,

53dc8ea029.png

I find it difficult to trust big review publications for Ubisoft/EA titles.
I'll check out here, Reddit and youtubers well before the Game Informer schills for sure. IGN gave of one my favorite games Alien Isolation a fucking 5.

spronk

FPS noob
Platinum'd the game on PS4, going to trade it into best buy for $43.50 (good until next saturday) which is about what I paid. Really enjoyed it, only AC I have platinum'd - its super easy compared to the rest in the series - no online/MP stuff, no real grinding other than destroying stuff on a vehicle.

Setting was great, story was pretty good, they are trying desperately to make something coherent mixing modern times and Assassins vs Templars but it comes across as pretty jumbled and incoherent. They really just need to reboot the series at this point but they are clearly setting up for a new modern era arc with the ending of Syndicate. Still, London is pretty awesome, the twins are cool, and there is a ton of fan service in the game esp for AC4 fans. 8/10 for me, while there are flaws in the game and its a very Ubisoft game (million collectibles, pushing real $$ for maps, boring combat) its still a fun Assassins Creed.