hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
First like 20 seconds I was like "Oh, looks good but 2d? Pass"

Then it changed to 3d and I was like "Whoa. SOLD!"

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Bump. Saw this on Steam top sellers list.

It has my attention

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
Been thinking about picking this up as something to play with the kids. Looks okay on Twitch. Anyone playing it?

Mao

Trakanon Raider
So I played it a little today. Its buggy and limited. An Alpha obviously. It was fun for what it was. We played it multiplayer with two other friends and had a lot of fun just fucking around, building holes. Falling through the world. Building a truck and watch it react horribly (and hilariously) with the geometry.

Game was fun, but I'd still keep an eye on it for awhile and see how it develops. Multiplayer is fun, but starts to bog down as the whole thing is hosted on whoever started the game's machine. And if you all are spread out it starts to bog down pretty hard drawing stuff for everyone at once. A top of the line computer might help, but it would slowly become unplayable on ours.

There isn't a lot too the game yet either. Gather, build. Basic stuff. I like how they do the basic mechanics of spreading your base and building facilities. Inventory felt limited at first, but you learn to work with it pretty quickly.

There were of course odd issues with geometry. Especially the 'trees' that you harvest items from and they fall over. Well. You can't dispose of them, so a good hour of hilarity was pushing tree trunks around out of our way and watching them roll around in crazy ways as they hit other objects. Then a wind storm comes and they blow around more.

Friend of mine described it as a voxel, simpler No Man's Sky that doesn't try to lie to you. I would agree in essence. Though much simpler, it follows it in spirit. Just no space travel so far. (Just a rocket that lets you take off and land on another part of the planet)

Final Verdict, eh. Not bad at $20. Feels a little overpriced, but has a lot of good potential for fun. Worried about the viability of multiplayer with all the hosting and drawing apparently being done on one machine. I got it, I've spent more on worse shit and would like to contribute my $$ to seeing them continue and maybe improve on the project. Currently buggy with lots of crashes.

Boostinks

N00b
Spend 30 minutes searching for aluminum ore.

Die to gas plants multiple times.

Finally fill up on aluminum ore.

Take it to smelter. 4 Aluminum blocks please.

Spits out 4 copper blocks.

Die a little.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
Figured this game deserves this plug at least. I hope this morphs into something great. I think the art direction is fantastic. I found the #1 steam review to be hilarious and I quote

"No Man's Sky except the steam videos are the actual game"

• 1Like

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I can't help but think of The Marian when I see them loading up their vehicles with all dat solar.

• 1Like

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Surprised there isn't more on this forum for this game. Friends and I finally dug into this over the last couple weekends. Next week they're adding dedicated servers, and the week after that we're getting some automation. It's on PC/Console Game Pass.

Came across this, not sure when I first watched it, but oof.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
It is so fucking shallow. I co-op'd it with a friend, and got like 18 hours out of it, but would never go back and play it again. The game loop is pretty boring after the first planet, and once you get the big crawler you can just yolo to the remaining cores (after you wiki what minerals you need for each core).

The crafting is kind of cool, I will give it that, but the crafting menu is the worst menu in any game I have played in 5 years. It is so console-itis that it doesn't have a search function and you just have to scroll through all the options.

Looks cool. Interesting premise and progression. Overall boring and plodding to me. The only actual challenge in the game was generating enough power on planets with unreliable sunshine/wind and limited fuel resources. You spend 75% of your time on your first planet making a base and exploring out the ying yang, then as little time as possible on every other planet getting resources you need and the core.

The only reason I got as many hours as I did was my friend liked it a lot more than me. He did a bunch of base stuff while I was offline so I figure if you DO like it you can probably get 30+ hours out of it. I guess I just needed something to zap with a laser, but this ain't that kinda game.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
I got it for really cheap; was a very basic version of like No Man's Sky. Kind of soothing, kind of meh. Dunno if I would recommend it actively to anyone but it's not horrific; just not a lot there.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm big on the crafting and survival genres. Had wanted this one way back when I first heard about it. Played for free on Xbox game pass...and lasted about an hour.

It just wasn't all that good in my opinion.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I think for us there was something about establishing footholds on other planets/moons that really clicked with us. Especially playing it with 2-4, having enough to do to occupy everyone and let everyone really get into a specific objective (finding Hematite, setting up a research operation on another planet, reorganizing the home planet base as new things are unlocked, etc). It's a super zen game (except when you're down in a cave, when I stress out and it feels like it becomes a survival horror even though there's no enemies other than some aggressive flora)

We're to the point where we've done almost everything except for the gateways and go to planet core(s), and are probably going to work on that and call it good until the automation and other updates are released.

Ultimately, it's a game that scratches a certain itch and we can get a lot accomplished in 3-4 hour sessions.