Atlas

Barab

Silver Knight of the Realm
if any of you guys are on the NA PVP server I can find you a home for you among the many guilds in our alliance. Just pm me on discord, I am on the FoH DC.

• 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 user

Xevy

Log Wizard
I didn't play one day and our whole base was destroyed. I wish I knew how much time an Atlas "day" is, because we can see how fast they destroyed shit in the Company Log. But I have no reference point so I don't know if it was just a galleon blasting 10k cannonballs or a chinese hacker just Supermanning through it. I'm pretty sure it was the latter. We had 3 layers of stone gates around our base and they and everything else were still destroyed.

It's fine, I'm done with the game. We were really good at blowing up ships, killing people, and stealing their loot. Unfortunately unless you were in a 200+ man company there wasn't much else to do. We had like 100k fiber in our base of 3 people and fiber doesn't even grow on our island. We had like 15 sets of full plate and only I wore plate. 10+ carbines we only used for base defense and countless ammunition we'd never fire.

In the end the Pirate game was less pirate stuff more boat building then hoping the Chinese didn't offline sink it. Unfortunate. At least it'll be great freeing up 100gb on my SSD again.

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
Game was fun. A bunch of TLS rerolled on one of the RP servers for now after the shit last night/this morning, including Burke. Several others are done until shit gets fixed. Don't know if Darkside RP is a temporary thing or not as I stopped playing a week ago but the general consensus before this shit was massive frustration with all the bugs and exploits and balance issues. The crap earlier and the lack of response was the final straw for a lot of people.

I don't feel the game will ever be great, but with the proper balance and scheduled resets it could be a decent-good sea pvp game. Base raiding blows and probably wont ever be fun. Of course, if they can't stop shit like people spawning in whales and fucking kamikazes it wont matter. Oh well.

Oldbased

> Than U
Game was fun. A bunch of TLS rerolled on one of the RP servers for now after the shit last night/this morning, including Burke. Several others are done until shit gets fixed. Don't know if Darkside RP is a temporary thing or not as I stopped playing a week ago but the general consensus before this shit was massive frustration with all the bugs and exploits and balance issues. The crap earlier and the lack of response was the final straw for a lot of people.

I don't feel the game will ever be great, but with the proper balance and scheduled resets it could be a decent-good sea pvp game. Base raiding blows and probably wont ever be fun. Of course, if they can't stop shit like people spawning in whales and fucking kamikazes it wont matter. Oh well.
Darkside gets all sorts of upgrades tomorrow. The app form is like 5 yes/no questions to get on the public part. Will be 6x6 grid and wiped at Noon EST tomorrow for a fresh start and for all the map upgrades. I built some neat things in O12 as part of TLS that I'm sure will be recked hard sometime in the next few days as now all the streamer zones have less than 20 players in them.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
How to gain 19 levels on a bear in a minute:

20190117231827_1.jpg

Oldbased

> Than U
Hey! I know that spot. 10 foundations solves it on private servers and will prevent it lagging that cluster.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
That's a good idea! I'll do that.

20190116233538_1.jpg

My latest ship has lasted several days! The Scuttled Scullion. It's a large speed sail + small handling sail schooner. It is really bare bones with just the necessities, but very fast. Got tired of getting all creative and putting in details and then losing it in an hour to invisible rocks or misc random reasons.

20190115190834_1.jpg

I had an extra crewperson that was just hanging out on the deck, and at some point, they repaired something. I think if you are anchor-down in waters you have claimed, they will fix just the hull planks. None of the ceilings etc ever got fixed, but I noticed that the metal in my repair supply chest went down and checked and my planks were fixed after a fight with a deadite ship.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
The latest fountain of youth thing is a joke. Get a debuff for playing the game! GREAT IDEA. So they put the magical debuff remover/buff that never expires in ONE location. Spent a couple hours wading through day one launch-like lag only to find that the fountain wasn't there anymore. Immediately logged out.

Goonsquad Officer
hyaha our crew loaded up on our brig and sailed to the theoretical fountain of youth place last night, o14 . the patch said it'd be there 50 in game days. it seems like it's actually 3 hours. so it wasn't there when we arrived. i snagged the pwoerstone anyway, and hiliariously folkskept training ships of the damned and fucking dragons into the boats
...so we watched multiple galeons, brigs and schooners sink. me and a company mate tagteam looted wrecks in real time. we came away with dozens of planks (converted material, hundreds of metal alloys and heaps of random shit. one dude even brought a galeon full of elephants ? (wtf). we managed to escape boat intact so it was pretty amusing.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
20190121092012_1.jpg

Interestingly, this time it happened the instant I logged in. I could actually see the crows nest sinking down into the depths.

No real reason for it though. Under crew limit, very far under weight limit (the ship was level 30 something with most stuff in weight). Anchored right by land, fully repaired before I went to sleep a few hours ago.

Again nothing in the log to indicate why or what happened.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I dove down and everything was like 5000/5100. Nothing missing. The main chest I wanted with all my fire arrows and spare guns and ammo couldn't be looted. I eventually demolished everything around it trying to find the right angle and it just vanished and didn't leave behind a bag.

Then the bear I was storing stuff on just fell over dead 10 feet from me with no explanation. Just "bear has been killed!".

I think I'll wait a few patches.

Goonsquad Officer
We lost all our tames to wolves appearing on our cliff platforms. Not sure the deal

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Yea, this early access can be incredibly frustrating at times. Losing ships without cause is near the top of my list.

Vedette

<Donor>
Anyone ran into a flag bug/exploit? Our flag timer went down to 15 minutes. We lost our entire base because of it.

Foaming

Lord Nagafen Raider
The only time I haven't just had a blast playing is raiding in laggy zones. When the game is running smoothly I'm just loving it. Sadly any large scale fleet battles, which I think would be fun af just cause the zone to slow to a crawl.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Does anyone put points in stuff other than weight on ships (other than a few crew here and there)?

Tarmie

Golden Squire
The only time I haven't just had a blast playing is raiding in laggy zones. When the game is running smoothly I'm just loving it. Sadly any large scale fleet battles, which I think would be fun af just cause the zone to slow to a crawl.
So much potential and when it's fun it is super fun, but the bugs and bullshit get to be too much sometimes. The blind ass rollbacks whenever someone finds a new Admin bug, the other night when they removed sails from all the rafts in the game, the whales that would occasionally fly right up into my ice mountain fortress and just thrash until everything was destroyed. These devs though... their solution to building based lag was to make stone structures require organic paste and metal? I want to believe they will get it all sorted out, the game balance kind of things, anyway. I have no faith in them being able to fix the performance issues, they keep making these "20% performance improvements" that have made things objectively worse each patch that is supposed to improve things.

Thankfully it's easy to go from nothing to a guerrilla fighter of a schooner so if they ever do fix the lagginess I can go right back to being a solo annoyance of the high seas.