Attempted Account Takeover

9th Otaku_sl

shitlord
Hello all,

Recently, I received emails from Rerolled stating that someone attempted to access my account from another computer. The system was kind enough to give me the IP Address of the origin of the attack. I'm trying to figure out why someone would bother trying to break into someone's account on this site, but as I have nothing on my account that is personally identifiable, I'm drawing a blank, except to possibly make bad posts on my account and attempt to get me banned.

I'm posting this as a warning to my fellow forum junkies, someone out there has no qualms about breaking into accounts. I highly suggest doing what I did and change your password into something very very hard to break.

Pic Related....

rrr_img_43747.jpg

Aaubert

Silver Knight of the Realm
Gotten 2 of these notifications, both from St. Petersburg, Russia. I was alarmed at first, and then I realized - "well, so what happens if someone haxxorz my gibsons on rerolled? Oh... yeah... nothing."

#blametyen

Agraza

Registered Hutt
They try to get that info to hack other places by collecting personal and/or login information you use. If they can leverage some random login to get to an e-mail account, they can get a lot more.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
How do we know this post wasn't made by the hacker?!