Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
So it’s been #1 at the box office for 7 weekends, something not seen since the original Avatar.

It’s also now #4 highest grossing movie, giving James Cameron 3 of the top 4 movies, say what you will but that’s pretty impressive.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
2 more weekends to go before Ant-Man, going to be really close to getting #3.

Gask

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Has anyone else considered that there's a lot of wasted potential for playing both sides of the market in this industry? Why not also make movies for the people who hate your schlock? I'd watch a Predator vs Na'vi crossover if there were blue heads on pikes by the end of it.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Zweischneid

Molten Core Raider
Has anyone else considered that there's a lot of wasted potential for playing both sides of the market in this industry? Why not also make movies for the people who hate your schlock? I'd watch a Predator vs Na'vi crossover if there were blue heads on pikes by the end of it.

Predator killing Stone Age retards that happened to have guns in a forest was the original though. Been done.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
This thing is yet to make under $1 Million in a day.
It's looking more and more likely to get the #3 spot in Worldwide box office

Cybsled

Oona Chaplin plays the fire Navi leader?

Will be sad when at the end of the movie, they all sit down for dinner and the theme for The Abyss starts to play and Sully stabs her in the stomach and all the fire Navi are killed by the guests

• 1Worf

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Well, it did it.

2 Avatar movies in top 3.

faille

Molten Core Raider
Clearly if you want a top grossing movie, you need a title starting with "Av"

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I am an hour into this and I can't imagine sitting still for the whole thing in a theater.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
This was one of the most meh movies ever. The CGI was great, but it was still off to me just enough that when real people and the cgi interact its noticeable. Like the CGI was, I don't know how to describe it, too clean? Definitely not a movie that I want to rewatch in the future.

• 1Like

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I watched this last night.

I enjoyed it a lot, for me it's great escapism. I leave my brain at the door, and just enjoy it for what it is.

I think the first one was better overall. I preferred the story of the guy who goes native, than pushing the family aspect of the second one.

I'll agree the CGI while great felt too clean overall. It's like they forgot to put a dirt shader on the entire movie.

I'll be honest and looking forward to more.