Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Trailer is dropping during Doctor Strange. I'll video it and post it here on Thursday. WOOWOO!

And my collection grows. Avatar on 3D, and Avatar Extended, together in a Steelbook case. Win. Love these stupid Steelbook cases.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I loved it for what it was. It was a masterpiece, and I'll still watch it periodically. Usually every year or two.

... and most importantly, it looks really good on my 3D TV.

• 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
nevar forget the future God Emperor revealing his plans

0Tve9qW.jpeg
everything he said was true, every goddamned thing. it was such a logical argument that it took me out of the movie and i didnt want to see those blue faggots win.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

Avatar was entertaining for what it was , had good audience appeal, and was more akin to an amusement park ride if you got the 3D experience

But the IP vanished in the minds of most of the world after

Goonsquad Officer
Their fixation that specific source of upsidasium when they clearly said others exist, was retarded.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Their fixation that specific source of upsidasium when they clearly said others exist, was retarded.
I liked the original scriptment's version of that plot point. There actually was zero material to mine underneath the tree, it was a lie to justify eliminating resistance and send a message to other tribes because they wanted to tame/train them into a mining workforce.

• 1Like

Cybsled

There was other sources, but the tree had a super deposit and was basically a motherlode. That combined with “lol fuck the aliens” made it an easy choice for the corporation

tarb

Trakanon Raider
Sure it was something to see in a 3d theater, but the movie by itself is not good. Meh acting and a horrible story.
Story couldn't be that bad since its been done 1000 times.
All that being said the selling point of this movie was the 3D and rightfully so, with average acting and rehashed story it was still the most immersive movie I have ever been to because of how good the 3D was.

• 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
I would certainly not call it a masterpiece, but I don't think it's nearly as bad as some people in this thread seem to think it was. Still don't give a fuck about the sequels though.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I would certainly not call it a masterpiece, but I don't think it's nearly as bad as some people in this thread seem to think it was. Still don't give a fuck about the sequels though.

It's fine. I get why people liked it. It looked good and if you weren't burned out on the story structure and beats it instantly gets way better. I'm a bit hard on it because I liked it. Specifically I liked it up until Johnny Goodboy goes blue for the first time. I was super in to the science fiction universe we were being shown and was really interested in seeing where the story went. Dances With Wolves, Burke from Aliens shows up to play golf, Vasquez Must Die trope plays out and I'm leaving the theater really disappointed.

I wish Cameron had stolen more Harlan Ellison.

• 2Like

Cybsled

I’m still convinced that a plot point will be the corporation discovering the tree can essentially do consciousness transfers into a new body, which could effectively allow for immortality and be worth a fuckton to the corporate leaders.

Being able to transfer yourself into a younger or more powerful clone body would be one of the most monumental discoveries in history. And the billionaire/trillionares on Earth would do anything to get access to that

Fadaar

That guy
I’m still convinced that a plot point will be the corporation discovering the tree can essentially do consciousness transfers into a new body, which could effectively allow for immortality and be worth a fuckton to the corporate leaders.

Being able to transfer yourself into a younger or more powerful clone body would be one of the most monumental discoveries in history. And the billionaire/trillionares on Earth would do anything to get access to that

sooooo.... altered carbon?

• 2Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Here's the clip they showed during the Doctor Strange trailers. The 3D in our theater wasn't working, and a dude sitting next to me asked if it was just him. That's why the screen jumps for a second.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
FYI, we do have a thread for Avatar 2

• 1Like