Avengers: Endgame (2019)

Maul

Dental Dammer
Spidey 2 and we have Eternals, Shang Chi, Black Panther 2, Guardians 3, and Doctor Strange 2 which are the upcoming. They are supposed to drop the MCU Phase 4 stuff in a couple months.
Guardians and Spidey should be good, Maybe Dr Strange, hard pass on Bruce Lee and Racist Panther 2 though.

• 1Dislike
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Jive Turkey

Karen
Regarding Cap at the end, it definitely breaks the rules. Only other explanation is if he entered the main timeline and was present in the main timeline the entire time (meaning 2x Caps have been in the main timeline).

Then that would've changed that timeline. So no, that's not what happened. I honestly don't get how so many people are failing to understand how the timelines work

• 1Garbage
Reactions: 1 user

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
That article triggered me. Caps lived his whole life doing what’s right. He’s had to sacrifice this whole other potential life because of it. Now he’s got a chance to set things differently, to do the things he’s missed, why wouldn’t he do that? They even set the stage for it a little bit with how he’s starting to compromise some on his straight arrow ways for the greater good ‘heil hydra ‘ scene for example. I think this made his character arc more interesting and satisfying in the end.
The timeline crap I guess doesn’t make sense or whatever but I think the writers were more interested in having that scene at the end rather than worry about timetravel ‘realism’ and I think they made the right choice for 90% of their viewers

• 2Garbage
  • 1Like
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 3 users

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
The IM3 kid being at the funeral and the sound definitely means he is taking over.

Guardians of the Galaxy 3: Search for Gammora

Peggy Carter is mid 20’s or older in 1946 but still looking hot in 1970? Did I miss something there because that broke my timeline mind.

• 1Solidarity

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Then that would've changed that timeline. So no, that's not what happened. I honestly don't get how so many people are failing to understand how the timelines work
Because
Comic nerds hate weebs and so they never watched Dragonball Z to the time travel arc.

Although the other timeline sounds pretty sweet since alt-Thanos and every minion on his primary ship were dusted in their 2014. Did Cap stay out of the way of history or did he intervene and Hydra never happened? The stones still exist there so alt-Strange will have his still. alt-Nat will still be alive, but alt-Gamora is in our timeline and the 50% never got dusted so there's a 5 year age difference between main and alt for half the universe.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
The cap send off might not be totally internally consistant with the rules they were setting, but I don't care...it was the perfect send off for Cap, and a nice passing of the torch. Seeing him dance with Peggy was perfect.

This forum will still discuss the merit of that scene in 2 years., and how it ruined the movie for them...for most people it was just a beautiful send off period, they won't even think about the inconsistency of it all.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Cybsled

Ya, the Cap sendoff was great. Peggy and Steve never really fully got over each other, so it was nice to see them reunited and get their happy ending. I don't think people really have an issue with that, just with how it seemed to break their own rules with Old Man Cap appearing in the present (on the surface anyways, I suppose they could always retcon with a scene in a future movie).

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Zweischneid

Molten Core Raider
And then, you have Predestination (2014) - IMDb and Primer (2004) - IMDb who do it perfectly.

Sure. Predestination is great. The original story even more so. But it kinda relies on the entire thing being a closed loop. You get around most time travel issues if nothing actually changes. Stuff like Twelve Monkeys goes down the same path in a way.

But that doesn't make for much of a super hero movie.

• 1Like

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
That's just fucking crazy. Its already put itself in the top 10 (Non-inflation) in its opening weekend. This thing is going to be a god damn juggernaut.

I feel like in the wildest dreams no one could have predicted the total gross number that all of these movies leading up to this and this are going to have made once it's all said and done. Just utter insanity.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Doom doesn't make his armor. Doom commands and his armor makes itself.

Personally I hope the sounds weren’t in fact anvil sounds, thats misdirection. Really it was Doom tooting.

TOOT.

• 1Like