Avengers: Infinity War (2018)

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
luckily i think 3d is actually starting to be less popular. the glasses always give me a headache and if you dont have optimal seats it can be a little overwhelming.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
If it is only out on 3D on the big screens around here I'm going to wait awhile - I fucking hate 3D, it's a retarded gimmick and detracts absolutely from the experience of watching a movie. Might enhance Sharknado 7 though

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I hate 3d with a passion, but made an exception for this because I want to see it as early as possible to avoid spoilers.

So Thursday 6PM, and 3D was the only option available.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
What if we all started a chant? I hear those work well nowadays.

"FUCK OFF NAZI 3D SCUM! FUCK OFF NAZI 3D SCUM!"

But yes +1 to hating 3D, complete detractor, adds nothing but ticket price.

• 1Like

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
What if we all started a chant? I hear those work well nowadays.

"FUCK OFF NAZI 3D SCUM! FUCK OFF NAZI 3D SCUM!"

But yes +1 to hating 3D, complete detractor, adds nothing but ticket price.

Guess D-box isn't where you are. Even more pointless an expensive than 3d. On tuesdays here you can get luxury seats + 3d + imax for $5. the Dbox doesnt get this deail. It's still $15 for a fucking MATINEE ticket for these things. and all it is, is a stiff ass chair that rumbles/tilts based on the scene.

I feel like movie theatres are TRYING to put themselves out of business with shit like this.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Guess D-box isn't where you are. Even more pointless an expensive than 3d. On tuesdays here you can get luxury seats + 3d + imax for $5. the Dbox doesnt get this deail. It's still $15 for a fucking MATINEE ticket for these things. and all it is, is a stiff ass chair that rumbles/tilts based on the scene.

I feel like movie theatres are TRYING to put themselves out of business with shit like this.

No, thank god. Who are the ad wizards who come up with this shit? Amusement park ride gimmicks for your movie theater chairs? Come the fuck on.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Vexco

Trakanon Raider
They nailed this. From go to woe I was entertained.
Any minor nitpicks are completely over shadowed by the sheer awesomness of Thanos.
Top teir marvel.

Last edited:
  • 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Haus

<Silver Donator>
No, thank god. Who are the ad wizards who come up with this shit? Amusement park ride gimmicks for your movie theater chairs? Come the fuck on.

What I want to know is who exactly green lit calling it the "D-box"?
"I'm paying extra to get the D-box tonight..."
"She's sitting right in the D-box"
etc...

Do none of them have an inner 12 year old anymore to screen this crap?

• 1Worf

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
If it is only out on 3D on the big screens around here I'm going to wait awhile - I fucking hate 3D, it's a retarded gimmick and detracts absolutely from the experience of watching a movie. Might enhance Sharknado 7 though
Local cineplex has 2 normal, 1 3D at the same time (9 normal showing, 4 3D showing per day).

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Today is the day! I'm pumped. I haven't stayed completely spoiler free but I think it's going to be awesome. Going to be missing part of the second day of PoP but I hearing this will be worth it. Our showtime is at 7 pm today. I'm thinking they are going to allow us in around 4:30 pm

• 1Like

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I am seeing this twice tonight. Once in 2D and then once in 3D because my son doesn't get off work until 10 PM and they aren't playing any 2D that late so we have to see 3D for his viewing.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Man I have zero excitement about this one. WRU Deadpool!?

• 2Salty
Reactions: 1 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
barely a spoiler, but if you haven't been following along much it might be...

i haven't seen the movie yet, but i've accidentally seen two potential spoilers, one on Facebook, one in the FSR thread. it wasn't clear whether they were just trolling or the spoilers were accurate, but the one that i saw seemed pretty accurate in its presentation. THAT SAID, however, if the spoiler was accurate, then it's barely even a spoiler -- it's exactly what a lot of people expected since way back when this storyline was announced to be a two parter.

now more specific of a spoiler:

the one meme i saw just said Tony Stark dies, the other said that just about everyone dies. the common theory for how they would do the movie storyline was with the villain "winning" as a cliffhanger at the end of the first one. sounds like everyone was right?

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
Tickets for the "midnight" screening tonight are selling out here. In a rural area. Including the $20 VIP lounge seats.

Any bets on how fast it hits the $1 billion mark?

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Tickets for the "midnight" screening tonight are selling out here. In a rural area. Including the $20 VIP lounge seats.

Any bets on how fast it hits the $1 billion mark?

In the US? Never. World-wide will probably be about after second us weekend.