Avengers: The Kang Dynasty (2025)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Am I understanding this right:

-Main timeline "He Who Remains" is the good version of the scientist
-In other timelines where things happened differently, he became various evil tyrants
-The one who isn't an evil tyrant did his best to control the multiverse by getting rid of the alternate timelines where he was evil
-Now that the good version of the scientist is dead, there's no one preventing other timelines from branching off with the evil versions of him in them
-The evil versions can cross over into our timeline and wreak havoc

?

Because that's a pretty interesting story. Imagine if there were other versions of you that were dictators, or serial killers, or started WW3, and the only thing keeping all of those eventualities from happening is that your current self is a lump-ish failure of a human being who sits on the couch all evening. Suddenly, failure starts to sound a lot like success. Maybe my bad life choices kept me out of politics where I ended up causing some monumentally bad event. I mean you could write a ton of stories based on this concept.

And the trio of Spider-Men was an example of different timelines intersecting and people crossing over?

Since Loki S1 takes place a few years ago, all of this already happened and the gates are already open for multiverse crossovers.

If I'm getting any of this wrong, don't judge, I haven't watched any of this stuff lately and I didn't religiously pour over it when I did. But I do find it all interesting and it's good to see that there's some sort of focus to the MCU going forward.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Because that's a pretty interesting story. Imagine if there were other versions of you that were dictators, or serial killers, or started WW3,

My multiverse fantasies involve kidnapping/blackmailing variants of my enemies in order to get revenge against their "prime" selves. So, if you have wronged me in this timeline - like the person I didn't get on with at my old job. I would blackmail one of his variants and film him smashing up a car or something, I would then use the video footage to incriminate prime. Or I would attempt to seduce one of his wives variants (this might take 1-2 jumps before I am successful, if it was Nirgon Nirgon attemping this then we could make a whole trilogy). I would then leak the footage to make him think his wife had cheated on him with me)

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
My multiverse fantasies involve kidnapping/blackmailing variants of my enemies in order to get revenge against their "prime" selves. So, if you have wronged me in this timeline - like the person I didn't get on with at my old job. I would blackmail one of his variants and film him smashing up a car or something, I would then use the video footage to incriminate prime. Or I would attempt to seduce one of his wives variants (this might take 1-2 jumps before I am successful, if it was Nirgon Nirgon attemping this then we could make a whole trilogy). I would then leak the footage to make him think his wife had cheated on him with me)

With deepfake technology getting as advanced as it is, I think we're rapidly approaching a time when anyone can be framed for anything just by using that tech with video footage. And if it's the government doing it, then they'll be able to do it with impunity.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Juvarisx

Florida
Am I understanding this right:

-Main timeline "He Who Remains" is the good version of the scientist
-In other timelines where things happened differently, he became various evil tyrants
-The one who isn't an evil tyrant did his best to control the multiverse by getting rid of the alternate timelines where he was evil
-Now that the good version of the scientist is dead, there's no one preventing other timelines from branching off with the evil versions of him in them
-The evil versions can cross over into our timeline and wreak havoc

?

Because that's a pretty interesting story. Imagine if there were other versions of you that were dictators, or serial killers, or started WW3, and the only thing keeping all of those eventualities from happening is that your current self is a lump-ish failure of a human being who sits on the couch all evening. Suddenly, failure starts to sound a lot like success. Maybe my bad life choices kept me out of politics where I ended up causing some monumentally bad event. I mean you could write a ton of stories based on this concept.

And the trio of Spider-Men was an example of different timelines intersecting and people crossing over?

Since Loki S1 takes place a few years ago, all of this already happened and the gates are already open for multiverse crossovers.

If I'm getting any of this wrong, don't judge, I haven't watched any of this stuff lately and I didn't religiously pour over it when I did. But I do find it all interesting and it's good to see that there's some sort of focus to the MCU going forward.

More or less yes, though I am not sure if "He Who Remains" was actually "good". He was insane at that point for living millions of years. The sacred timeline was engineered to have him only him exist in any parallel reality and they are all cut off from the others like Rick did in Rick and Morty

Keep in mind any version of him would have been born in the 31st Century, so time travel will be involved. My guess is the Conqueror version will use something similar to what the Avengers did in Endgame since he is first showing up in the new Ant Man film.

spronk

FPS noob
Fundamentally these movies don't really get the idea of infinity. Nothing you do matters. In an infinite number of multiverses, whatever you do is already accounted for. Kang "kills off" all the evil versions of Kang? Who cares, there are an infinite number of universes where he does that and succeeds and an infinite number where he fails. Anything you do to "save" one multiverse is counterbalanced by an infinite number of multiverses where you failed.

Infinity is just a concept the human brain is really, really, really bad at understanding, and its a bummer every movie still treats it as a finite number as if you can prune an infinite multiverse. Oh well, still very entertaining but I wonder if it drives real physicists nuts when they hear about Infinity War or this upcoming movie.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Fundamentally these movies don't really get the idea of infinity. Nothing you do matters. In an infinite number of multiverses, whatever you do is already accounted for. Kang "kills off" all the evil versions of Kang? Who cares, there are an infinite number of universes where he does that and succeeds and an infinite number where he fails. Anything you do to "save" one multiverse is counterbalanced by an infinite number of multiverses where you failed.

Infinity is just a concept the human brain is really, really, really bad at understanding, and its a bummer every movie still treats it as a finite number as if you can prune an infinite multiverse. Oh well, still very entertaining but I wonder if it drives real physicists nuts when they hear about Infinity War or this upcoming movie.

Was it ever stated anywhere in the MCU that there were "infinite" multiverses?

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
I mean, I think theyve had people say that, but I don't think it was ever actually established that its true.

How would a human being know the difference between an uncountably high number and infinity?

The infinity complaints are easily resolved by saying no, its really just a huge number of parallel universes.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I mean, I think theyve had people say that, but I don't think it was ever actually established that its true.

How would a human being know the difference between an uncountably high number and infinity?

The infinity complaints are easily resolved by saying no, its really just a huge number of parallel universes.

I think in a real infinity multi-verse situation, reality would be immediately overloaded with constant and unending invasions. I'm reminded of the terminator sequence in the snake episode of Rick and Morty. Just constant shit being dumped into the world from elsewhere.

I think the way you can tell it's infinite is if there's no decrease or deceleration in the rate of occurrence, and it was always that way.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE

Love watching you squirm with that black pill in your veins

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

All concrete information we've seen about the multiverse suggests it's not infinite.

In Loki, it was just the 1 then they'd prune others when they'd pop up.

If that's how it works it obviously couldn't ever be infinite no matter how fast alternate timelines appear