Awesome kids toys that you play with

If you don't mind me asking, how much did your dad rake in after selling all of that? Because I had a similar collection and I doubt my mom made more than a hundred bucks off of all of it when she sold it at a garage sale in the mid 90s when I left for college.
Maybe $1000 total? He didn't really haggle and the only real money for vintage toys is if they are in box and unopened.

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
I always hated kids who mixed their toys. GI Joes fight GI Joes, not Star Wars. It was two completely different worlds and didn't make any sense. My brother used to have GI Joe vs. Transformers battles and it pissed me the fuck off.
Fuck you. You had to find out who would win in a fight.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Funny, my Transformers remained in good shape. They were absolutely my favorite toys growing up, so they remianed in the house for the most part.

GI Joes, on the other hand, were almost played with exclusively outside and often with firecrackers. They were pretty wrecked.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Snaptrap was one of my favorite transformer toys. I got him from my parents after I had my tonsils removed.
r_snaptrap002.jpg

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
I still have all of my Transformers and Star Wars toys in Rubbermaid containers tucked away in my mother's storage. She kept them because she remembered how horrendous it was her mother threw out my uncle's crazy good baseball cards and whatnot.

On that note, I need to find a replica of a Robotech fighter to put on my desk or something. I've always wanted one.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Here is my tale of Transformer woe...

I had a shitload of transformers as a kid in the 80s, the original die-cast metal transformers. Optimus Prime, Megatron, Galvatron, Starscream, Constructigons, etc. TONS.

Well, one summer when I was bored and probably about 11 or 12 years old, I decided that I was going to take all of my Transformers apart with a screwdriver and assemble 1 MASSIVE transformer. Yeah...great plan.

I spent 2 days unscrewing all those damn Transformers, each one had a dozen or more screws in it, all of varying sizes. After I got them all apart, I came to the realization that nothing fit together, and with dozens of different sized screws, I couldn't put them back together into their original forms either.

My mom ended up throwing away 2 grocery bags full of random robot arms, legs, heads, and torsos. I completely ruined probably $1000 worth of Transformers. My parents were PISSED. I think I cried.

Goddamn I was a dumb kid.