Babylon 5: The Road Home

Izo

Tranny Chaser
3.00 star(s) Rating: 3.00/5 1 Votes
Title: Babylon 5: The Road Home

Izo

Tranny Chaser
1683741693948.jpeg

The official logline reads: “Travel across the galaxy with John Sheridan as he unexpectedly finds himself transported through multiple timelines and alternate realities in a quest to find his way back home. Along the way he reunites with some familiar faces, while discovering cosmic new revelations about the history, purpose, and meaning of the Universe.”

The voice cast also includes Paul Guyet as Zathras and Jeffery Sinclair, Anthony Hansen as Michael Garibaldi, Mara Junot as Reporter and Computer Voice, Phil LaMarr as Dr. Stephen Franklin, Piotr Michael as David Sheridan, Andrew Morgado as G’Kar and Rebecca Riedy as Delenn.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
  • 1I Came
Reactions: 3 users

Haus

<Silver Donator>
OK, I've never had more than a passing interest in this show, which is odd with my otherwise deep sci-fi leanings. To get this, I figure I should do a rewatch of the original series? (already conveniently on my media server) I heard there were also movies after the series and before this? Is that correct?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Palum

what Suineg set it to
OK, I've never had more than a passing interest in this show, which is odd with my otherwise deep sci-fi leanings. To get this, I figure I should do a rewatch of the original series? (already conveniently on my media server) I heard there were also movies after the series and before this? Is that correct?
I dunno this show did not age super well. If you can watch the newest star wars movies without throwing up you're probably ready to suspend disbelief enough.

Gask

Bronze Baron of the Realm
The first season is kind of painful and it's 22 episodes long but there are some good plots and actors as well buried under all of the 90's moral messaging dross and phoned in mini plots. Yeah yeah multiculturalism good, racism bad, women strong, globalism, here's a black doctor and the Jewish second in command! Let's sit Shiva with her... ooh look at the space elves!

G'kar and Londo save it.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

ShakyJake

<Donor>
I think the special effects still look good season 3 and onward. I agree though, first season is rough. I don't think it was until middle of season 2 where the story really pulls you in.

I still maintain that B5 is my favorite sci-fi series of all time. The S3 cliffhanger is one of the most epic in sci-fi history.

• 1Like

Siliconemelons

The first season is kind of painful and it's 22 episodes long but there are some good plots and actors as well buried under all of the 90's moral messaging dross and phoned in mini plots. Yeah yeah multiculturalism good, racism bad, women strong, globalism, here's a black doctor and the Jewish second in command! Let's sit Shiva with her... ooh look at the space elves!

G'kar and Londo save it.

Not spoiler because B5 is decades old... but generally first watches of this show (and yes getting over S1) people just watch and view it as many, many plots and characters and stuff and its ohhh really cool.

Then you re-watch it finally understanding it is Lando & G'kar's story and telling it...as if you haven't figured it out on your own in the 1st watch, they tell you this at the end.

That is why the last season and rangers etc. is meh- we are outside of the Lando/G'kar story telling... and why I am skeptical of this as its Sheridan based.

But I am still going to watch this day 1 ;-)

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
First time I watched B5 was around 5 years ago, and, once I got over the terrible CGI, I thought it was great (even season 1). Directly before watching it, I had just gotten through a months long Star Trek run of TNG (2nd rewatch), DS9 (I had only seen 50% of DS9, previously), and Enterprise (for the first time). I found, when comparing all the seasons as a total package, B5 is a better show.

Don't get me wrong, TNG and DS9 are still some of my favorite sci-fi ever made. The main problems with B5 is that it was marred by inconsistent actors (people wanting to leave or having emotional issues) and dated CGI. The writer had the whole show planned before hand, and actors leaving probably made for heavy rewrites. You can sometimes notice where small things were set up, and then occasionally lead to nowhere, because of this.

AFAIK, I have never watched any of the movies (didn't know they existed), unless they were added into the seasons on Prime or Netflix (don't remember who had it, at the time).

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Yeah, I have on slate to do a full watch through of DS9 as I never did see all the episodes.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Doing a full rewatch atm. Here is a fair chronological order (aka not release order)
https://www.radiotimes.com/tv/sci-fi/babylon-5-watch-order/ said:
1. In The Beginning* (film, year: 2245-48)
2. Babylon 5: The Gathering (year 2257)
3. Babylon 5: Seasons 1-4 (year: 2258-61)
4. Thirdspace (film, year: 2261)
5. Babylon 5: Season 5 (year: 2262)
6. The River of Souls (film, year: 2263)
7. The Legend of the Rangers (film, year: 2265)
8. A Call to Arms (film, year: 2266)
9. Crusade: Season 1 (year: 2267)
10. The Lost Tales: Voices in the Dark (year: 2271)

I'm on s1, painful, but great acting from londo ad g'kar saves it, yes.

• 1Like

Siliconemelons

Doing a full rewatch atm. Here is a fair chronological order (aka not release order)

I'm on s1, painful, but great acting from londo ad g'kar saves it, yes.

First watch people doing it chonological is fine, but imo skip the #1 "In The beginning" and start with the normal season 1- for reasons in my last post. But if people go into it with that mindset of Gkar/Lando centrist, then yes start with the movie.

I could have sworn Thirdspace and River of Souls where more in-between the seasons...but its been years since I looked anything up on timelines.

Also- didn't HBO release S1-5 all "upscale" and it was decent? are those on the high seas or even legit purchase?

edit: I liked the lost tales, seeing B5 in real HD is insanely beautiful and if your a big fan, worth the bluray price. Also... umm.. watching it was the first time I realized they are all standing in starfuries, I never noticed it until seeing it in HD ;-)

• 1Like

Goatface

edit: I liked the lost tales, seeing B5 in real HD is insanely beautiful and if your a big fan, worth the bluray price. Also... umm.. watching it was the first time I realized they are all standing in starfuries, I never noticed it until seeing it in HD ;-)
1695843138872.png

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Chinaman889

<Silver Donator>
It's really sad that half of the original cast are dead, and animation with alternate voice actors is the only way to go =(

• 1Like

Siliconemelons

Only watched the start so far and Delen is hard. The whole sock thing I get as written and in my memory and imagination it works and is funny while in actual execution on the screen it is just flat

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database