Back to the Future (1985)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Brad2770

5.00 star(s) Rating: 5.00/5 2 Votes
Title: Back to the Future (1985)

Tagline: He's the only kid ever to get into trouble before he was born.

Genre: Adventure, Comedy, Science Fiction, Family

Director: Robert Zemeckis

Cast: Michael J. Fox, Christopher Lloyd, Lea Thompson, Crispin Glover, Thomas F. Wilson, Claudia Wells, Marc McClure, Wendie Jo Sperber, George DiCenzo, Frances Lee McCain, James Tolkan, J.J. Cohen, Casey Siemaszko, Billy Zane, Harry Waters Jr., Donald Fullilove, Lisa Freeman, Cristen Kauffman, Elsa Raven, Will Hare, Ivy Bethune, Jason Marin, Katherine Britton, Jason Hervey, Maia Brewton, Courtney Gains, Richard L. Duran, Jeff O'Haco, Johnny Green, Jamie Abbott, Norman Alden, Read Morgan, Sachi Parker, Robert Krantz, Gary Riley, Karen Petrasek, George Buck Flower, Tommy Thomas, Granville 'Danny' Young, David Harold Brown, Lloyd L. Tolbert, Paul Hanson, Lee Brownfield, Robert DeLapp, Charles L. Campbell, Walter Scott, Deborah Harmon, Janine King, Huey Lewis, Tom Tangen, Arthur Tovey

Release: 1985-07-03

Runtime: 116

Plot: Eighties teenager Marty McFly is accidentally sent back in time to 1955, inadvertently disrupting his parents' first meeting and attracting his mother's romantic interest. Marty must repair the damage to history by rekindling his parents' romance and - with the help of his eccentric inventor friend Doc Brown - return to 1985.

Greyform

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Ah, that makes sense. I was was wondering why Amazon added the trilogy to the Prime library. Watched the first one again last night It's got to be close to Shawshank for "movies I have watched repeatedly whenever it's on" top 5 list

Brad2770

Took my 9 year old son to breakfast this morning. Showed him this and he started talking about how he wished they would make a 4th one. I told him there really wasn't a way that they could and he said they could use Jules and Vern since they would be grown up by now.

Christopher Lloyd. A flux capacitor. I would be ok with it.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
I just finished assembling my 2015 Doc Brown costume for this Halloween.
redface.png

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Just rewatched BTTF3. God damn these were excellent movies. Fantastic story telling, maybe a bit repetitive, well done. Just fucking fun. I loved all the attention to detail.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Thanks assholes. Now I am going to spend the rest of the day watching Back to the Futures :D

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I actually purchased this set when it first came out, but haven't watched it yet. Maybe I should finally get around to it... The bigger issue is that my kids can't sit through it yet, and I want them to see it. I don't know.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
BttF 2 is still my favorite.
its my favorite too. i even started writing a book based on what happens after BTTF3 in 2015 back in 1990. i didnt get far, but it was a fun concept dealing with Marty trying to get his son to stop being a pussy.

• 1Worf

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I watch them all at least once a year. It's one of the few movies that without exaggeration I can say I've watched dozens of times (mostly just 1 and 2, actually...for some reason 3 wasn't my favorite).

I guess I also watch Groundhog Day, Home Alone, and Christmas Vacation just about every year too.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
That feeling when you realize going back to the "present" in back to the future from today, would be jumping back farther in total years than Marty jumped back in the film. Feels bad man.

That said, I always like watching these again for the future scenes. Its funny what they got right and wrong (lol, tons of fax machines in the house).

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
That feeling when you realize going back to the "present" in back to the future from today, would be jumping back farther in total years than Marty jumped back in the film. Feels bad man.

That said, I always like watching these again for the future scenes. Its funny what they got right and wrong (lol, tons of fax machines in the house).
hover conversions would have been interesting, but i dunno if i wanna be flying next to grandma Mcfly.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I did not have the movies and as previously noted, they are a series that is very rewatchable. I added to my collection.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database