Bad Boys for Life (2020)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

spronk

FPS noob
5.00 star(s) Rating: 5.00/5 1 Votes
Title: Bad Boys for Life (2020)

Genre: Thriller, Action, Crime

Director: Adil El Arbi, Bilall Fallah

Cast: Will Smith, Martin Lawrence, Derrick Gilbert, Vanessa Hudgens, Alexander Ludwig, Joe Pantoliano, Charles Melton, Paola Nuñez, Massi Furlan, DJ Khaled, Jay Dubb, Kate del Castillo, Emily Towles, Scott Rapp, Theresa Randle

Release: 2020-01-16

Plot: Marcus Burnett is now a police inspector and Mike Lowery is in a midlife crisis. They unite again when an Albanian mercenary, whose brother they killed, promises them an important bonus.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Hahaha, shit I laughed at the end! Of course I'll see this in theaters. Loved the first two. Loved Martin and Fresh Prince growing up. Martin could have starved for a month but oh well.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
big momma's house
1567647671392.jpg

• 1Worf
  • 1WTF
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Hard pass. The directors are two nobodies with zero real directing experience (let alone directing a big budget action movie) and the first two Bad Boys movies were during Bay's prime before he started phoning it in.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
On a serious note, what's up with Martin? I remembered he had that sexual harassment issue on his show. I wondered if he had some mental illness or anything. Because he was so funny and successful but really disappeared for more than a decade (his IMDB in that period is pretty sparse). I looked up his wiki and it says this:

--

In July 1995, while on the set filming A Thin Line Between Love and Hate, Lawrence lashed out in a violent rage and was then hospitalized at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center.[20]

On May 8, 1996, he became increasingly erratic and was arrested after he brandished a pistol in the middle of an intersection on Ventura Boulevard in Los Angeles, screaming, "They're trying to kill me!" He was again hospitalized, with his public-relations agent citing exhaustion and dehydration as the reasons for this episode.[1]

In January 1997, Lawrence's Martin co-star Tisha Campbell-Martin filed a lawsuit against him, alleging sexual harassment and abuse both on and off set.[21] By April 1997, Campbell had settled the lawsuit, and returned to appear in the last two episodes of the series.[22]

In March 1997, Lawrence was arrested after punching a man in a Hollywood nightclub.[1]

During August 1999, Lawrence slipped into a three-day coma after collapsing from heat exhaustion while jogging in 100 °F (38 °C) heat in preparation for Big Momma's House while wearing heavy clothing and a "plastic suit."[1][23] He recovered in the hospital after nearly dying due to a body temperature of 107 °F (42 °C), his breathing assisted by a ventilator.[24]

--

Definitely some mental illness present. I think a lot of the antipsychotic medications make you gain weight. And I'm sure he's depressed eating. Just looks like he's not quite all there.

spronk

FPS noob
saw this today, it was fine. Not amazing but pretty much on the same level as Bad Boys 1 & 2. Rewatched those this week, they aren't great either but they can be fun to watch. The level of action movies has really gone WAY up with stuff like John Wick, The Raid, MCU, Sicario, Deadpool, Mission Impossible, etc, etc so the bad boys movie are pretty weak compared to the greats but they still are fun to watch.

they lean into the two main guys being old as fuck now in a "i'm getting too old for shit" way and that really is what makes the movie a touch better than it deserves. Still nothing as funny as the best scene from the 3 movies though in BB2

• 6Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Why does the picture on this thread still not work? It works on TMDB.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Plan to see this tomorrow. Rewatching the original which I probably haven't seen in 15 years. Really fun and good movie. But fuck, Michael Bay's movies are just exhausting to watch bc he tries to make every camera movement so epic or monumental. He's terrible.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Why does the picture on this thread still not work? It works on TMDB.

giphy.gif

Siliconemelons

Where there boobies

Explosions?

Will Smith acting soo soo fresh n so clean while Lawrence is like nooooooooooooo

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database