Baldur's Gate 3 by Larian Games

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
That 2nd thing isnt a bug iirc. It's part of that area. If you go to camp or timer runs out , the room they are all in is poisoned and they all die. I think it starts when nere whispers to you as you enter grymforge that the room is rigged or something. It happened to me. I got there and they were just all dead already and i just looted bodies. Didn't get to complete save the gnomes quest or use the vial explosive stolen from the one gnome to blow up the blockage to get to nere.
Same thing happened to me. I heard the guy mind melding, went for a long rest, and suddenly all the drugair were gone.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
How does one manage inventory in this game. I feel like I have an ass ton of various clickies I’m not taking advantage of because it’s just too cumbersome to find shit. Maybe because I’ve pickpocketed every vendor bone dry but it feels like I have more damage clickies from items than I do from my characters spell slots it’s nuts (lots of buff items too but those are even more of a decision to use as you lose the buff on unequip).

So I’m very slowly making my way thru moonrise, my goal is to kill the entire place using just sneak attacks in closed off rooms , or using illusions to scatter npcs and lure them to edges then shove them to their demise. I’ve cleared about 50% of the place now and I’m still not kos lol. However my main char became ‘enemy of justice’ somehow and this seems like some kind of permanent debuff which fucking sucks. I’ve had to leave her in camp because she became kos and I’ve just continued clearing the place using the other 3 ppl in my party. How do I get rid of this enemy of justice debuff??

Inventory is a hassle, but I pick up bags/pouches and drag that to the inventory. Can just click the bag and it opens up the options to use the items in it. The clickies I always activate when I do a long rest are detect mind and talk to dead + spell for talk to animals. Talk to dead is a ritual from the amulet you get in the chapel, so it is always cast after you activate it. I have the (pre-order?) helmet that lets me change into another race (disguise) which is important to have since many enemies won't let you talk to them after you kill them unless you disguise yourself first. Having talk to dead activated as a ritual also lets you see most of the people you can talk to when they are dead with a green outline. Without the ritual active, they won't have the glow. So if you do have the mask, remember to take it from the chest at the camp as soon as you can, if you don't have it, make sure to get the spell disguise self quickly.

hotbar.jpg

This is my bard hotbar menu at level 10. Neck for talk to dead and detect mind then the neck I use to just click it to put it back after I've used the spells. Can see the pouch for items in the top right.

I also have a pouch with 210ish items so far which is every note / book that isn't clearly just a "story" book which I sell. I think the pouch is up to 25 pounds now.

I find a note with someone writing to their wife or somesuch I am keeping it on the off chance I meet someone where I can use it. Example: At the start of the game, on the ship before you crash, you find two "minds" in a jar. They weigh 5 and sell for 1. They do nothing. I could suddenly use them 70 hours later in act 2! +1 to score for rewarding my hoarding.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Inventory is a hassle, but I pick up bags/pouches and drag that to the inventory. Can just click the bag and it opens up the options to use the items in it. The clickies I always activate when I do a long rest are detect mind and talk to dead + spell for talk to animals. Talk to dead is a ritual from the amulet you get in the chapel, so it is always cast after you activate it. I have the (pre-order?) helmet that lets me change into another race (disguise) which is important to have since many enemies won't let you talk to them after you kill them unless you disguise yourself first. Having talk to dead activated as a ritual also lets you see most of the people you can talk to when they are dead with a green outline. Without the ritual active, they won't have the glow. So if you do have the mask, remember to take it from the chest at the camp as soon as you can, if you don't have it, make sure to get the spell disguise self quickly.

View attachment 487305

This is my bard hotbar menu at level 10. Neck for talk to dead and detect mind then the neck I use to just click it to put it back after I've used the spells. Can see the pouch for items in the top right.

I also have a pouch with 210ish items so far which is every note / book that isn't clearly just a "story" book which I sell. I think the pouch is up to 25 pounds now.

I find a note with someone writing to their wife or somesuch I am keeping it on the off chance I meet someone where I can use it. Example: At the start of the game, on the ship before you crash, you find two "minds" in a jar. They weigh 5 and sell for 1. They do nothing. I could suddenly use them 70 hours later in act 2! +1 to score for rewarding my hoarding.
there actually IS a use for those mind jars! you won't miss anything essential from not having them, but there is a place where you can use them to fill in some lore

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Apparently reading all you Autist post on here the last 20 years has prepared me well for this game....

1692469868957.png

• 5Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 6 users

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
act 3 spoilers

View attachment 487320

Nope. Should've got Jim Cummings. This isn't Minsc.
Not sure I am sold on the Matt Mercer rendition either. When it was announced, I figured if Minsc was close enough it would be good enough, but it's off just enough to cause a disconnect from the Minsc of old. I didn't spend much time with him though, as I ended up using Laz'ael, Shadowheart, and Gale for so long, I am going to complete the game with those original 3 then use Jaheira/Minsc in a separate play through.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
So from reading on Reddit it seems enemy of justice is some thing that causes people issues at the goblin camp and emerald grove. But I can’t find a single thing about it happening in moonrise towers. Worried now I borked my campaign

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So from reading on Reddit it seems enemy of justice is some thing that causes people issues at the goblin camp and emerald grove. But I can’t find a single thing about it happening in moonrise towers. Worried now I borked my campaign
Doesn't ring a bell. Is that the name of the quest?

Droigan

Trakanon Raider

Didn't even know that was a thing. Looked it up now. Seems bad. I've always talked my way in to places, including the towers. All places cleared, but only later when X stuff happened and everything turned kos anyway.

Spoiler act 2
I entered towers. Talked to everyone, entered prison, helped prisoners escape, killed guards there, that doesn't aggro the above areas. Did all quests there, until I had to talk to Kerrik or whatever his name was. Went and did the mausoleum which you should save for the last part since finishing that triggers an the "last" event of the act. This leads back to the towers and fights there. Same for goblin camp in act 1. Everyone was friendly until I killed the last boss, then everything aggroed (except the first few guards at the entrance outside of the camp, never killed them).

I've made it a point to hard save every few hours. Reading about that debuff I will continue doing that since it seems bad. Read that one solution is to find a witness or find guards to pay off?

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
What vidja cards are people using that are completely satisfied with performance? My GTX 1080 is finally not up to snuff, especially when near building with lots of items that are also on fire. That one part of Act 1 just causes performance to crater and I would like it to not.
3080ti on 2x 4k screens (playing on 1 in borderless window - everything ultra dlss2 quality settings) I'm constantly getting well over 60fps I do have it capped at 144 (monitor max). No complaints at all. I'm actually amazed how well it does.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
The latest in, "Tuco doesn't understand this game and is irrationally disappointed"

Why didn't

Cull the weak proc on this mother fucker?

1692487381533.png

1692487393482.png

1692487403567.png

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
uhm... how many evolved illithid powers does karlach have?

It didn't proc again for my MC which has more worms in his brains than brains (Just counted, 17 of the buggers, lol). Something is causing it to not proc sometimes.

Shit is powerful though. Dramatically increases one-shot potential.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm

It didn't proc again for my MC which has more worms in his brains than brains (Just counted, 17 of the buggers, lol). Something is causing it to not proc sometimes.

Shit is powerful though. Dramatically increases one-shot potential.
a quick look around seemingly confirmed a suspicion i was having about it. it looks like cull the weak will currently only trigger from the MAIN damage of an attack. so the extra elemental damage that karlach is doing doesn't trigger it. i mean, i assume the elemental damage is added damage from other items/feats/whatever

edit: other people are saying that the ability itself in tandem with act3 just makes it really buggy. some people saying it was working perfectly before respeccing in act3 now it hardly ever works, others saying that certain spells like hunger of hadar just flat out never trigger it... also make sure that the ability is toggled on. i guess turning on non-lethal damage will toggle off cull the weak.

seems buggy and anecdotal, so /shrug

Last edited:

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Im almost done with my first play through. Did a Dark Elf Moon Druid. Played mostly as neutral good guy. Cannot decide on a class race combo for my second play through though.