Baldur's Gate 3 by Larian Games

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Just got a trophy for leaving act 1, so I guess I'm out of the tutorial part. 66 hours played.

• 4Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Cybsled

Lol even if they did cut content that was unfinished, which im sure they did, this is one of if not the best content rich game ive played in a while. 60-80 hrs in a single play through and Im sure I missed a ton of shit along the way with the choices I made. And its not just content for the sake of shitty content, almost everyone I walk up to is voice acted and has a cut scene attached.

Based on data miners, there is a fuckton of already recorded content in the game that didn't make the cut for the final version. It sounds like the entire upper city area in act 3 didn't get finished and as a result, there are a bunch of broken or truncated parts in act 3. Like supposedly Karlach's story continuation for a good end was located in upper city, but because that area got chopped, so did that.

I'm pretty confident they'll eventually release a good chunk of the stuff.

On a side note, I decided to do a new run with Dark Urge. I decided to go Oath Breaker paladin. Word of Warning: There is a scene where a certain act 1 NPC shows up at your camp and wants to join you. If you're camped in the goblin area, or somewhere internal (IE, not above ground open world), the results of that NPC visiting your camp causes the Oathbreaker Knight to immedately go KOS and he fucking 1 shots your entire party because he is level 12 and all your asses are like level 3 or 4 lol. If the event happens outside, he is far enough away from the stuff that happens and doesn't aggro. I thought I was save soft locked until I figured that out.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
I think D:OS was going to have some kind of toolkit for people to make their own content and that never made it out? That's all I've got.
I think the older Neverwinter Nights games had a toolkit, and shipped with the ability to make your own adventures. Remember seeing a guide or something at Barnes & Noble that was massive with all the scripts or code necessary way back in the day. Don't think it ever took off though.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Based on data miners, there is a fuckton of already recorded content in the game that didn't make the cut for the final version. It sounds like the entire upper city area in act 3 didn't get finished and as a result, there are a bunch of broken or truncated parts in act 3. Like supposedly Karlach's story continuation for a good end was located in upper city, but because that area got chopped, so did that.

I'm pretty confident they'll eventually release a good chunk of the stuff.

On a side note, I decided to do a new run with Dark Urge. I decided to go Oath Breaker paladin. Word of Warning: There is a scene where a certain act 1 NPC shows up at your camp and wants to join you. If you're camped in the goblin area, or somewhere internal (IE, not above ground open world), the results of that NPC visiting your camp causes the Oathbreaker Knight to immedately go KOS and he fucking 1 shots your entire party because he is level 12 and all your asses are like level 3 or 4 lol. If the event happens outside, he is far enough away from the stuff that happens and doesn't aggro. I thought I was save soft locked until I figured that out.

The difference between D:OS and D:OS enhanced edition is significant. I don't see why they wouldn't do the same with this.

Cybsled

I think the older Neverwinter Nights games had a toolkit, and shipped with the ability to make your own adventures. Remember seeing a guide or something at Barnes & Noble that was massive with all the scripts or code necessary way back in the day. Don't think it ever took off though.

The first 3D NWN game did in fact have a tool kit. I recall messing around with it a bit, but never built any full fledged modules. I think you could maybe host custom stuff online as well - it's been forever, so my memory on the matter isn't great.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Both NWN games had toolkits, but the second one was a bit more advanced/complicated, I think due to the different engine.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Goonsquad Officer
patch out for BG3. the notes won't load right now for me but the blurb had this which made me laugh:

"Patch 1 also tackles a few visual bugs, and sprinkles on more post-launch polish. We’re bringing back Short King Summer with better kissing contact for short races!"

apparently gnomes couldn't kiss anyone. they just kissed thigh or something? heh

spronk

FPS noob
yeah 2.2 gig patch 1 downloaded for me too, notes

i sorta slowed down playing a lot after passing act 1, i'm not sure if i wanna get back into it now or play a bit of starfield first next week

• 2Like

Goonsquad Officer
weird. i'm a stones throw from the final point of no return and i go back to camp to rest, and gale wants to chat. he's all
"why did you agree to give raphael the crown" (i didn't, i killed raphael). "well we may have squandered our chance to rid ourselves of this crown!". i'm not sure if it actually changed my quests but...weird.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
yeah 2.2 gig patch 1 downloaded for me too, notes

i sorta slowed down playing a lot after passing act 1, i'm not sure if i wanna get back into it now or play a bit of starfield first next week
You’ll never come back if you wait. You know it, I know it, we all know it.

• 1Like

Goonsquad Officer
also:
i finished the baal temple. and halsin was on the slab. i picked his lock pre-fight but...he won't wake up. he's just unsconcious, but i can't heal him. shake him awake. long rest doesn't fix. any way to fix the guy so i can...i guess save him?

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
The difference between D:OS and D:OS enhanced edition is significant. I don't see why they wouldn't do the same with this.

Especially given the commercial success. They'd be silly not to make a DE version down the line.

• 1Faggotry

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Seems like a metric shit-ton of small fixes, but nothing major yet. Don't see any build-destroying nerfs/bugfixes other than dual hand xbows (Sharpshooter offhand bug was fixed). But it also doesn't sound like they have done much to fix the performance problems yet. I saw one note mentioning a memory leak, that's about it. They did say that patch 2 isn't far off, so I'm guessing that's the one that will backfill all the things they had to work on for the PS5 release into the PC version. I can't imagine them releasing on PS5 without FSR2 support and some massive improvements to the Vulkan API.

Goonsquad Officer
yea i was searching for class changes. hoping assassin would get a bone, but hey. i rode this retarded mule for like a hundred hours. i can ride it right into the sunset.

• 1Like

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Seems like a metric shit-ton of small fixes, but nothing major yet. Don't see any build-destroying nerfs/bugfixes other than dual hand xbows (Sharpshooter offhand bug was fixed). But it also doesn't sound like they have done much to fix the performance problems yet. I saw one note mentioning a memory leak, that's about it. They did say that patch 2 isn't far off, so I'm guessing that's the one that will backfill all the things they had to work on for the PS5 release into the PC version. I can't imagine them releasing on PS5 without FSR2 support and some massive improvements to the Vulkan API.
According to the internets, someone official said, shortly after release, that FSR2 was going to be available at the end of August or beginning of October, so yea, it should be in that patch.

Caliane

I think D:OS was going to have some kind of toolkit for people to make their own content and that never made it out? That's all I've got.
divinity-enginesteam.jpg

I don't really know why Divinity OS custom campaigns, or live servers never took off like NWN, etc.

• 2Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Especially given the commercial success. They'd be silly not to make a DE version down the line.

Yep. It lets you relaunch the game in like two years. Already bought it? You get this shit for free. Haven't bought it yet? WELL WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR THE DONGS ARE BIGGER THAN EVER.

• 1Worf