Baldur's Gate 3 by Larian Games

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
the first time i killed him was at coronation but ended up reloading because didn’t want to take out the grand duke (at time I didn’t know there was going to still be a way to bring him back). I took both rune powder bombs, the one I stole in act2 and the other the gnomes gave me in act 3, loaded up a buncha smoke powder barrels, had astarion drink a potion of cloud giant strength, greater invis’d him and dropped all that shit around gortash. Then I used mage hand to put a few more because greater invis was breaking after the 7th barrel drop or So. So after placing around 20+ explosives, I got up the ladder, fired a smoke powder arrow at it and one tapped him.
Did you also kill all the watchers and everything else? I did kinda the same thing where I reloaded when I saw how many maybe-innocent people were around, but I didn't follow through to see what would happen to the quest lines.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
silly but kinda cool ngl

3bb8a6bbab230b72065cbeb99832bf02.gif

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Reading through this thread gives me whole new ideas for a play through, its great. Seems like I'm the only one who abused the shit out of cloud of daggers + tactician for that gnoll nonsense? Will & Gale mopped up those assholes with a few grease bombs thrown in for prones. Same thing I did at the goblin camp where there was a choke point, stick someone back there with low AC and dagger cloud the way in. Exp just pops up all over.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Meh, too much work. If you have haste on your whole party you shouldn't be having many issues to begin with.

On the other had, fog cloud and darkness make it so you can pickpocket anyone, anywhere, at anytime, as long as they are in the cloud. So I still use it somewhat often.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Did you also kill all the watchers and everything else? I did kinda the same thing where I reloaded when I saw how many maybe-innocent people were around, but I didn't follow through to see what would happen to the quest lines.
a couple of the watchers either died or were near death that were up by the explosion but most were alive. my party i think was lvl 8 at the time so even 1 watcher would have been a pain for my team lol. honestly i could have set up more barrels using magehand longer and maybe another greater invis, to create a bigger chain reaction to either take out or majorly damage all the watchers, but at that point i was already tired of dropping barrels and i knew i was looking at a reload regardless as i didnt want to kill gortash yet anyways.
i ended up doing shit out of order anyways later on, and didnt get an opportunity to rescue the grand duke and then do the whole dragon under the city thing which sucked but whatever, i will def do a replay at some point, i missed enuf stuff including all of the gith stuff and laezel that i could do a replay as almost a whole new game

Burns

White Wyll is funny. I wonder if they whitefaced his dad too. Doing just Wyll and having his dad show up would be like a Maury episode of "You are not the father!" waiting to happen
Was also wondering about that. Was going to use Wyll & Karlach in my next game, but dunno when I will get to that.

Cybsled

unless you going evil play through, Wyll ends up being red anyways when his ass gets turned into a demon. Seems like a pointless mod lol

• 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
unless you going evil play through, Wyll ends up being red anyways when his ass gets turned into a demon. Seems like a pointless mod lol
I gotta imagine most people who mod black people out of their games probably live *very* pointless lives.

• 1Salty

Burns

In my first goody-two-shoes playthrough he ended up being Ash and the second Dark Urge playthrough he left the party. Harder to be ebil and save the Teiflings at the same time, maybe I will play as Wyll and see what happens. I guess killing the druids off, but saving the Theiflings is kinda evil.

Cybsled

Worst part of evil run is if the Teiflings die, you basically delete a shitload of quest content from the game and lose 3 companions as options

• 1Like

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
Its funny, I'm literally saved right at the Harper chests

This poses an existential quandry, my whole point is to be a God in this play though, but the intent was to build myself into one, pretty sure trivializing every encounter this much would ruin the game

Edit: Yep, it works....

Last edited:
  • 2Worf
  • 1WTF
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 3 users

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
Worst part of evil run is if the Teiflings die, you basically delete a shitload of quest content from the game and lose 3 companions as options
I've heard, although I didn't bother trying it...you can kill Wyll and Karlach before going through with it, and then after the event have withers resurrect them and they will ask about what happened to the Tieflings, but be none the wiser

In an older version there was away to get Haslin and Mith too, I think that might've been patched though

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Burns

Yea, and I was hoping that killing the druids would appease the Gobos, but nope, no way to save them and side with Gobos.

Since I already experienced the Tieflings side of the game, I wanted to see what the other way went. I just got to Act 2, before Starfield break, but getting to Moonrise in act 2, through the mountain pass, has been an interesting change so far.

• 1Like

Burns

I've heard, although I didn't bother trying it...you can kill Wyll and Karlach before going through with it, and then after the event have withers resurrect them and they will ask about what happened to the Tieflings, but be none the wiser

In an older version there was away to get Haslin and Mith too, I think that might've been patched though
According to the internet (wiki), if you want to max companions you can actually get Minthara while saving the Grove/Halsin. You just have to make a string of right decisions and she will get away, in act 1.

Edit: NM, I saw it on the wiki a couple weeks ago, but never actually read it. It was a bug that got fixed in a patch.

Last edited:

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
If you want to max companions you can actually get Minthara while saving the Grove/Halsin. You just have to make a string of right decisions and she will get away, in act 1.
I thought there was something in the recent patch notes that said they patched it so you couldn't have both in the party at the same time, maybe it was under the condition you murdered the Grove.

I don't care, I don't really talk to the npcs anyway, except that it blew up a quest item I wanted, of course if I just use the exploit above I can skip the whole game entirely so...

Burns

I thought there was something in the recent patch notes that said they patched it so you couldn't have both in the party at the same time, maybe it was under the condition you murdered the Grove.

I don't care, I don't really talk to the npcs anyway, except that it blew up a quest item I wanted, of course if I just use the exploit above I can skip the whole game entirely so...
Yea, my bad; it was a bug that got fixed in the last patch. I didn't read the wiki when I saw it, because I wasn't going to go that route, yet, and didn't want to spoil anything. I thought you just had to win some rolls to make her give up and run back to Moonrise, when you send her to attack the grove, which then allow you to save/recruit her in Act 2.