Baldur's Gate 3 by Larian Games

Cybsled

Zombie Asterion also shows up at the Caz fight if you give him up to the vampire hunter you meet in the swamp.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Since I staked Asterion in the first camp interaction with him, his consolation prize was showing up again, for the first time since, as "Zombie Asterion" in the final fight with Cazador.
I wondered about that and what would happen if you stake asterion.

matthew-mc-conaughey-time.gif

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
So my reward for killing some random cleric I don’t give a shit about is some late 90s early 2000s Mcfarlane One-off (that I might have thought was cool as an 8 year old) Fagbeast form? The fuck? Had I wanted that I would have rolled Druid? What’s the point of mini/maxing normal classes for some distraction form that has no synergy? like the ring from the Ox, you’d better served using it with a normal race illusion so you get all the benefits and still be able to use your class skills, lame, fuck that Mardi Gras Goblin, the cloak was much more useful

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
I abandoned my 4 monk team in act II way too easy, have restarted doing completely solo. One fight often taking me an entire play session. It feels very Tuco Tuco , and Im enjoying it. I have to plan the fight out. In some cases I bring props, lots of props. Stage the fight. I don't mind gaming it when I'm solo because I like the challenge of trying to come up with a way to win it. The spider matriarch was tough one and I should of fire barreled her but I'm storing as many fire barrels as I can and I don't want to waste them on fights I could win without them. I fear at some point I'll hit a roadblock that's just completely impossible solo but we'll see.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I fear at some point I'll hit a roadblock that's just completely impossible solo but we'll see.
I think you'll be able to do any part of the game as long as you're willing to respec to some cheese build or strat. I'll be interested to hear what tough encounters you find and how you overcome them. I think it might be more satisfying to run a 2 or 3 man party and put other limitations on yourself like number of rests, not using certain gear like rings/amulets/gloves/boots/etc, not using consumables,, not using the top 10 most powerful builds, but you gotta find what is fun for you!!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
I think you'll be able to do any part of the game as long as you're willing to respec to some cheese build or strat. I'll be interested to hear what tough encounters you find and how you overcome them. I think it might be more satisfying to run a 2 or 3 man party and put other limitations on yourself like number of rests, not using certain gear like rings/amulets/gloves/boots/etc, not using consumables,, not using the top 10 most powerful builds, but you gotta find what is fun for you!!
It's not required but I think the protect halsin in the portal fight is going to be a challenge solo to win. I'm not yet familiar with act iii fights . I tried to establish some ground rules for myself and I'm going to try to stick to my build throughout but if I get completely roadblocked I would try switching to a custom build for an encounter before I would add a hireling.

Keeping cleric alive at the inn might be a challenge, I'm sure winning the fight is doable doing it before she dies is hard part, I'm thinking I'll just build boxes around her but that feels a little too cheese would rather try a different approach.

velk

Trakanon Raider
It's not required but I think the protect halsin in the portal fight is going to be a challenge solo to win. I'm not yet familiar with act iii fights . I tried to establish some ground rules for myself and I'm going to try to stick to my build throughout but if I get completely roadblocked I would try switching to a custom build for an encounter before I would add a hireling.

Sintee, the youtuber, soloed tactician as a solo sorcadin. Did a few boss fight and build videos on it.

The portal fight may be dead easy on what solo class you have and what scrolls you find - a single plant growth prevents all melee from reaching it before the timer is up, leaving you just to deal with tiny hp bats.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider

Keeping cleric alive at the inn might be a challenge, I'm sure winning the fight is doable doing it before she dies is hard part, I'm thinking I'll just build boxes around her but that feels a little too cheese would rather try a different approach.
Throw Michael (?) off the balcony? Rest of the fodder should be manageable but you'll likely have a village of corpses afterwards.

• 1Like

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
So Minth pally spec, hits like a truck, when she hits, but it seems her accuracy is trash, perhaps she needs more dex?

• 1Like

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider

Hunger of Hadar on Warlock trivializes the Halsin portal fight, I’m sure any other large ground control spell like that would work similarly.

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I actually LOVE restrictions on resting in PnP D&D. Because I love D&D for the tactical aspects, fuck the RP. It's one of the reasons I liked 4th so much.
I don't remember who it was so I can't credit them, but a couple years ago I got inspired to create an alternate rest system for 5e because, RAW, it trivializes the game unless you interrupt the party with combat and that gets old fast. My players really like this system, but I always like to get feedback from a much larger group of people when I can.

rest1.png

camp2.png

camp3.png

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Like everyone else, early in Act III I realized it didn't have the polish of I and II. I immediately stopped playing because, as I've said a few times, I rarely ever play through an RPG twice. Instead, I turn over every stone on the first run. However, due to the extreme level of branching consequences of BG III I may do another playthrough.

Anyway, it's taken a fuckload of willpower but I'm going to wait until the 'mega patch' hits before I finish the first run.

Act II Illithid stuff
I've completely avoided using the Illithid powers and I refused the transformation. Did anyone else take that path? I don't want to know if it makes a difference, I'm just curious if any of you made that choice because it was extremely tough for me, but I just didn't want to pay the 'cost' for the power. My gut tells me the end of the game is going to be a bit different, but it's also entirely possible that I ignored some cool stuff for nothing more than preference.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Cybsled

Using Illithid powers, using more tadpoles, or even using the act II partial transformation doesn't have any real impact on the story currently. There is another part involving Illithid stuff past the point of no return section of the game which does have an impact on the story

They originally planned for there to be more consequences, but it didn't make release

• 1Like

Ome

Molten Core Raider
Did anyone else take that path? I don't want to know if it makes a difference, I'm just curious if any of you made that choice because it was extremely tough for me, but I just didn't want to pay the 'cost' for the power. My gut tells me the end of the game is going to be a bit different, but it's also entirely possible that I ignored some cool stuff for nothing more than preference.
I made the same decisions you did in regards to the powers offered. =/

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
IMG_20230916_215545.jpg

What's the earliest you can get this outfit or a variation of it?

(This particular one is from a bank vault in Chapter 3)